sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It's not his marriage in particular, but the nature of his character that was brought to light with his actions. Yes, he was a good president (I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth) but his moral fiber left much to be desired. It's been quite some time since we had a good mixture of the two.
His moral fiber?  He was a good president and that matters a lot more than his morals IMO.
For the most part, I agree with you.  Carter pretty much proved that.  I'm just saying Clinton is not someone I would trust on a personal level.  I would trust him with most political decisions, but he's not the kind of person I'd want to hang out with (or leave my girlfriend alone with).
Wouldn't you trust him your bachelor party?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Jimmy Carter started the quest to PUSSIFY America. It is damage that has carried forward to today's terrorist attacks. Read on.

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2984
OMG.  You forgot to say appeasement man.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Maybe...  but it's hard to say whether that's better or worse than a president that only cares about his circle of corporate friends (Bush).
They all care about their corporate friends. Even the Democratic majority in Congress cashing in on lobbyist.
True enough...  but again, which is worse?  A president who cares too much about the world outside of America or a president who only cares to extent of how it affects multinational corporations and war profiteering?
They are one in the same to me. Bush couldn't do what Bush did (and still does) without democratic Backing.  Don't forget whose writing the checks now Turq. Shit, Clinton bombed Iraq just to get the attention off him and Manica Lewenski (As he was getting impeached). That's pretty Damn bad in my book.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They all care about their corporate friends. Even the Democratic majority in Congress cashing in on lobbyist.
True enough...  but again, which is worse?  A president who cares too much about the world outside of America or a president who only cares to extent of how it affects multinational corporations and war profiteering?
They are one in the same to me. Bush couldn't do what Bush did (and still does) without democratic Backing.  Don't forget whose writing the checks now Turq. Shit, Clinton bombed Iraq just to get the attention off him and Manica Lewenski (As he was getting impeached). That's pretty Damn bad in my book.
Should we have stood by while Muslims were being executed en masse then?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

That's politics.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That's politics.
My discontent knows no party lines..lol .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Should we have stood by while Muslims were being executed en masse then?
Clinton dropped bombs because of Saddam's refusal to follow UN regulation.. so he said at least. My point is things are not always what they seem. Wagging the dog a bit me thinks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ … ky_Scandal
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

EDIT:  That website is about as valid as moveon.org, lowing.
Well, I personally feel that if you elect a person to be the President of the United States, and by that I mean the leader of this (well, my) country, that president should take the priorities of the country he is running to be of the highest priority.  Sorry to the rest of the world, but I want my leader to place my country above all the others. 

I am sure that, deep down, many of you would like your leaders to look after your nation's intrests as well.  If you didn't, you could just adopt the UN as the rulers of your nations.
...but the question you have to ask yourself is....  Are the interests of the military industrial complex and multinational corporations the same as your personal interests?  I generally find myself at odds with both groups.

It's not in my best interests to have our country tied up with Iraq.  It's not in my best interests to have tax policy geared toward benefitting companies that outsource their labor to mostly Third World countries.
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You're wrong on one count.  Between 2001 and 2006, Democrats played a very minor role in the federal government.  It was one of the few times where one party has managed to run both houses and have the presidency.  But yes, I would agree with you that Democrats are part of the problem currently.  As far as Clinton is concerned, I've heard that Bosnia was a distraction for that purpose, but Iraq seemed different.  It was still a bad idea, but the motivation was different.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Even as a minority.. the majority of Dems voted for invasion. All the same, believe that . Two years now.. whats changed?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Even as a minority.. the majority of Dems voted for invasion. All the same, believe that . Two years now.. whats changed?
Ok, I'll give you that one.  As I've said before, one thing I strongly agree with Ron Paul on is foreign policy.  We need more people in both parties with more of an isolationist streak.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ok, I'll give you that one.  As I've said before, one thing I strongly agree with Ron Paul on is foreign policy.  We need more people in both parties with more of an isolationist streak.
Ron Paul is not an isolationist.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
He practically is compared to all the other major players.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

He practically is compared to all the other major players.
I only say that because Paul's words burned into my head here.

PS: McCain was the worst debater by far on that stage. He is using the classic "We need to look very carefully at it" tactic to dodge the heat.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
Touche....  Well, I guess I'm not a true isolationist either, but I'm certainly in favor of less intervention -- like Paul.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Touche....  Well, I guess I'm not a true isolationist either, but I'm certainly in favor of less intervention -- like Paul.
As is 99% of all true conservatives .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jimmy Carter started the quest to PUSSIFY America. It is damage that has carried forward to today's terrorist attacks. Read on.

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2984
OMG.  You forgot to say appeasement man.
Yer right, Jimmy Carter was the biggest appeasing pussy of you all.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

His moral fiber?  He was a good president and that matters a lot more than his morals IMO.
I never said moral character means more than job performance, but I don't believe that it means any less, either.

So you're fine with having a craven, morally depraved person running your country, so long as they do a good job?

I'm not saying that Clinton was necessarily either of those things, but moral character DOES matter...no matter how much the Clintons tried to convince the rest of us that it doesn't.
I DO think morality is important, I just don't think he wasn't that bad in that field.  If he's real good at his job, let him have some fun.  What a big deal.
It's not really that he did what he did in the Oval...it's more that he lied about it under oath. If he wants to fuck around on his wife with pudgy interns, there are a lot of politicians who have done far worse. But he lied about it when questioned under oath. Regardless of whether it was appropriate to ask the question or not, he flaunted the law...felt he was above it or that it didn't apply to him. That is a far worse character trait than adultery.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I never said moral character means more than job performance, but I don't believe that it means any less, either.

So you're fine with having a craven, morally depraved person running your country, so long as they do a good job?

I'm not saying that Clinton was necessarily either of those things, but moral character DOES matter...no matter how much the Clintons tried to convince the rest of us that it doesn't.
I DO think morality is important, I just don't think he wasn't that bad in that field.  If he's real good at his job, let him have some fun.  What a big deal.
It's not really that he did what he did in the Oval...it's more that he lied about it under oath. If he wants to fuck around on his wife with pudgy interns, there are a lot of politicians who have done far worse. But he lied about it when questioned under oath. Regardless of whether it was appropriate to ask the question or not, he flaunted the law...felt he was above it or that it didn't apply to him. That is a far worse character trait than adultery.
Well, yeah, he lied, but he had the balls to admit he lied.  GWB will never admit he lied to the American taxpayer about something a lot much worse than screwing an intern.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard