brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6738|IL
I live just outside of St louis and got woke up.  I couldnt figure it out.  So the kids come screaming into the bedroom and im like no way an earthquake.  Sure as shit.  My first one and the whole time Im like shit how much shit gonna break.  Luckly enough only a few things fll off shelves but my PS3 and PC are just fine!!!
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5860|Nibiru in a far away galaxy

ATG wrote:

Been a long time sinse we got one in Cali.

Not a fan. No place to hide.

When I lived in O.C. the quakes were mostly gentle rockers. Now I live closer to the desert where the ground is rock. They sound like bombs going off. Scary.
Actualy , Washington State has more shakes then Cali  ----
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

doug1988 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Been a long time sinse we got one in Cali.

Not a fan. No place to hide.

When I lived in O.C. the quakes were mostly gentle rockers. Now I live closer to the desert where the ground is rock. They sound like bombs going off. Scary.
Actualy , Washington State has more shakes then Cali  ----
so, that somehow invalidates what he says?
i dont get it...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas

ThomasMorgan wrote:

According to crazies in the middle east, the earthquake was "Allah teaching the US a lesson for interfering".

I fucking shit you not.
I wonder what their wacko explanation for earthquakes in their part of the world is.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

According to crazies in the middle east, the earthquake was "Allah teaching the US a lesson for interfering".

I fucking shit you not.
I wonder what their wacko explanation for earthquakes in their part of the world is.
It's the mighty allah trying to stir the muslims into action against the western infidels.

I facepalmed HARD when I read this.   NOTHING bad happened.  How is that ANY punishment? Damn that was a dumb thing for them to saay...
aimbot_target
+9|6276
west of st louis i slept right through the early morning quake.  but i felt the aftershock at work at 10:15.

and it wasnt in the New Madrid Fault Zone this time.  It was in a smaller fault zone called the Wabash Valley Fault.  its a bit north and east of the New Madrid area.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6494|Land of Cotton
I lived in Louisville, KY about two years ago. We had earthquake insurance on our home. I am trying to find out if all my friends had any problems.

Since we diverged to severe weather, I saw my first funnel cloud (twister) when I moved to Louisville. I grew up on the Gulf Coast and spent 5 years  in Minneapolis. Gulf coast has hurricanes (of which I have sat through one) and Minnesota can some nasty severe weather. However, I never actually saw a funnel cloud until L'ville. An earthquake was not something I really wanted to ride out.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

I slept through a low-scale earthquake. The next day, almost everybody at school said they woke up and felt it happening. I didn't feel a thing.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I fucking shit you not.
It's the mighty allah trying to stir the muslims into action against the western infidels.

I facepalmed HARD when I read this.   NOTHING bad happened.  How is that ANY punishment? Damn that was a dumb thing for them to saay...
That's a pretty sucky attack by a diety, if I do say so myself

BBC aritcle wrote:

The quake shook skyscrapers in central Chicago, and rocked homes in Cincinnati, Ohio, but there were no reports of injuries.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
I remember my first Earthquake.. around a 5. something.. can't remember exactly..

I was in school sitting at my desk.. All of a sudden my desk starts shaking violently.. I look over at my friend and about to say "stop shaking my desk" when I realize we are having a earthquake..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

I was awake when there was an earthquake here, never felt anything at all
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5938|CANADA
https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/Lancelot17/wherilive-1.jpg
^^^My town is right next to the Hayward fault near San Francisco. (green dot) We get a mild earthquake about every 4 months.
(sorry about the doodles)
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA
never had one, and i'm in california. admittedly, i'm in the central valley which is about the most boring place ever, for weather and everything else, unless you like farms or state of the art  trash dumps.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
I was up until 4am working on a lab report, then that damn quake woke me up at 5...
BVC
+325|6697
Its only a 5.4, harden up guys
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Pubic wrote:

true, but Illinois is the state of .0001 degree hills and stable ground, it's not a usual occurrence, our threats usually come from above, not below
doug1988
spank that azz.

S.Lythberg wrote:

Pubic wrote:

true, but Illinois is the state of .0001 degree hills and stable ground, it's not a usual occurrence, our threats usually come from above, not below
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
Is just the planet falling to pieces, no biggy.
doug1988
spank that azz.

Steel wrote:

Dude where you live I bet it was a meth house explosion
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/srh/sod/IMAGES/boom.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard