jason85
Banned
+58|5994|Mesa, AZ
The last few days I have been thinking about it. I've been wondering whether they are going to nerf things in patches like what happened in BF2. Example for that is the Black Hawk. Now I don't know what it was like in the patches between 1.03 and 1.41 (the only ones I've played). In 1.03 the mini-gun on the BH was amazing, point, click, instant human swiss cheese. In 1.41 though, you can hold it on the target all day and they probably won't die. I hope they don't make a vehicle in BF3 that starts out good but eventually turns into a neglected pile of crap.

Another thing I was thinking about is whether or not it is going to be more realistic than BF2. If it were up to me, I'd make it similar to PR, just with changes to make it more fun (you know, no minute and a half re-spawn times). I think it would be nice if a tank shell would actually take out a tank, or an AT rocket as well, in one hit.

I'm going to go hit the sack, but I'll edit this tomorrow. Lemme know what ya think BF3 is going to be like.

Edit: What guns would you guys like to see, whether unlock or stock? How about the kits, any changes? What countries should be in the game? Commander assets, should they be point and click for them or should there be a human presence involved, like having someone actually shooting artillery, or someone controlling UAV, or a jets dropping vehicles?

Last edited by jason85 (2008-04-16 17:47:02)

HaawwK
+31|5983|Bolton
if they listen to the public players then imo the game will turn into shit just like bf2
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

HaawwK wrote:

if they listen to the public players then imo the game will turn into shit just like bf2
gtfo of here with all your elitest shit.

I just want BF3 to be better than BF2, as long as it is that, I don't really care tbh. And they need to maybe stretch the ranks a bit more, so when you get to Colonel or whatever, it's an achievement, and not something that people can do in below 400 hours now..
#rekt
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6640|can

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

I just want BF3 to be better than BF2, as long as it is that, I don't really care tbh. And they need to maybe stretch the ranks a bit more, so when you get to Colonel or whatever, it's an achievement, and not something that people can do in below 400 hours now..
No, he is right.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6539|Washington
If there was a better game out than BF2, you would have planted your roots on another games forum.

I'm sure the game will be just fine when it comes out..
0akleaves
+183|6611|Newcastle UK
ya who was it who moaning bout the bh, the noobs who played, they didnt realise that when they where on usmc they wouldnt be able to use it either, same as the jets.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5856|Nibiru in a far away galaxy
Nerf ,  I hate that word ever since EA/DICE did it to BF2 lol , like the AA , that is a death trap now , before you could shoot down a jet not anymore unless it's already smoking , hope they don't screw up BF3 , if they do then I am DONE with the BF series. god I miss BF1942 greatest online war FPS game ever
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433

doug1988 wrote:

Nerf ,  I hate that word ever since EA/DICE did it to BF2 lol , like the AA , that is a death trap now , before you could shoot down a jet not anymore unless it's already smoking , hope they don't screw up BF3 , if they do then I am DONE with the BF series. god I miss BF1942 greatest online war FPS game ever
Go and play 1.0, tell me if you can hit anything at all. AA has never been nerfed, it was buffed, twice.
simmy.uk
+117|6435
BF2 is like clounter strike, even though it is now several years old, it is still a top game and thousands play online everyday.
BF3 will mean we all prob need to upgrade our graphics cards.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

simmy.uk wrote:

BF3 will mean we all prob need to upgrade our graphics cards.
I thought that's what Crysis was for.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5856|Nibiru in a far away galaxy

Fat_Swinub wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

Go and play 1.0, tell me if you can hit anything at all. AA has never been nerfed, it was buffed, twice.
it was NERFED period and no thanks , but if you want to , you can go play 1.0 and tell me if you can hit anything , get back to me and let me know lol 

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-16 06:03:07)

simmy.uk
+117|6435
what you never heard of clounter strike before. ur mssing out bro. clounter strike is an awesome game.
HaawwK
+31|5983|Bolton

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

how the fuck is that elitest? and think about what happened to bf2 and think about why it happened, EA were changing it to be more noob friendly because you get some random pubber who had the game 2 days, gets killed by a jet and emails EA
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone

HaawwK wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

how the fuck is that elitest? and think about what happened to bf2 and think about why it happened, EA were changing it to be more noob friendly because you get some random pubber who had the game 2 days, gets killed by a jet and emails EA
Haawwk is right. EA is aiming for majority=pub nubs. There are about 2% skilled players all the rest are noobs. Understandably why EA would make the game more newbie friendly.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6713|USA

.Sup wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Haawwk is right. EA is aiming for majority=pub nubs. There are about 2% skilled players all the rest are noobs. Understandably why EA would make the game more newbie friendly.
EA needs to make BF3 more challanging and not try to nerf the game up to satisfy all the tards that want a game they can pick up and feel f@cking l33t on. Make it so that it actually takes some skill!

Last edited by SFCCDailey (2008-04-16 07:47:02)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6784|Bulgaria
BF3 should be BF2 minus the hackers and minus some glitches and bugs here and there. Nothing more.
Something makes me think that this is NOT going to happen.
Zukabazuka
+23|6683
The blackhawk was pretty invicible back in the first patch. Those lucky fellas who got their hands on the minigun could score a K of 100 before dying or even get more. It could wipe the APC in seconds, don't forget the squad jump was also in the patch so when people where killed it was filled right after. So why would the USMC have a ultimate flying gunship where the miniguns where like the MEC gunships turrets. Not only that YOU COULD REPAIR IT IN AIR. AA turrets couldn't do shit because of the engineers.

So that transport chopper was way to powerfull. IF you don't agree you are really a noob.

I just hope Jets will be gone, BF doesn't need them, they could be used as support power where you use it to bomb a place but letting people have that huge firepower isn't really a good idea. while 2 might be having fun with them, the rest of the team will votekick them.
0akleaves
+183|6611|Newcastle UK

Zukabazuka wrote:

The blackhawk was pretty invicible back in the first patch. Those lucky fellas who got their hands on the minigun could score a K of 100 before dying or even get more. It could wipe the APC in seconds, don't forget the squad jump was also in the patch so when people where killed it was filled right after. So why would the USMC have a ultimate flying gunship where the miniguns where like the MEC gunships turrets. Not only that YOU COULD REPAIR IT IN AIR. AA turrets couldn't do shit because of the engineers.

So that transport chopper was way to powerfull. IF you don't agree you are really a noob.

I just hope Jets will be gone, BF doesn't need them, they could be used as support power where you use it to bomb a place but letting people have that huge firepower isn't really a good idea. while 2 might be having fun with them, the rest of the team will votekick them.
GTFO now, battlefield needs jets otherwise the helis would be too powerful.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6405|Somersetshire

Zukabazuka wrote:

yea, jets shouldn't be in bf3, have more choppers per map to compensate

maybe instead of artillery have a jet fly over and drop a carpet bomb lol
Zukabazuka
+23|6683

0akleaves wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

GTFO now, battlefield needs jets otherwise the helis would be too powerful.
Include AA rocket launchers and those choppers would have a hell finding them. 2142 had AA rocket launcher as a unlock and it pretty much balanced it.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

wat?

I refuse to dedicate 400 hours of my life to an e-medal, I'd prefer a system somewhere between CoD4 and BF2
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6300|The | Netherlands

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

wat?

I refuse to dedicate 400 hours of my life to an e-medal, I'd prefer a system somewhere between CoD4 and BF2
Dude, you really don't get it do you? As Mint said, it's an achievement when you reach it. That means, you have to be willing to spend time on it and when you reached it, the rank actually means something. Not something every random player can get with a small amount of playing hours. Also, just because you aren't willing to spend 400 hours for that rank, most people who will play for that specified rank, will. So that's why in my opinion the rank system should be way more complicated. As example the general ranks in BF2, that should be used for lots of ranks in BF3, so that if you get an x-rank player in your vehicle, you know you can count on them as they have a certain rank that also shows they have actually used the vehicle out of that certain category before. (think about TV-Missiles in BF2)

Last edited by 3lmo (2008-04-16 09:44:21)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6405|Somersetshire
the rank system and awards and such should be kept roughly the same, maybe put a rank in between the 20k and 50k range and not have the 60k one, most of my friends stopped playing cos they couldn't be bothered to reach the 50k mark
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6146|San Antonio, Texas
Moar unlocks, moar ranks, moar awards.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6300|The | Netherlands
I don't understand why everybody is always whining about that 30k gap, between Lt. Col and colonel is also 25k. Captain - major, also 25k. Those 5000 points don't make such of a diffirence.

Last edited by 3lmo (2008-04-16 09:52:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard