Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng
I know this topic belongs like 1 year ago, but fuck it.

Today I played for a bit, but was doing fairly badly, hitting KDs of no more than about 2 for a round, and I was not impressed. So I started using the AK-101 with the GL, fucking ownage with the GL. Think I finished like 52 - 10 or something. Then I was on the USMC team, and I did not plan to use the M16, so I tryed the F2000 for the first time in ages. Wasn't accurate enough at range and not powerful enough close up..

So I started with the G3. This gun owns so fucking hard, I had like a 30 kill streak at one point, it's so easy to use, and there is never any need to switch it to single shot. I've been trying to get my Sniper hours to 100 recently, but I think i'm gonna be playing alot of Assault now, love this class <3

Your thoughts?
#rekt
sgtdude1987
+8|6224|midlands britain
Yeah the G3 is pretty awesome as long as you get support to dish out the ammo. Plus having grenades rather than a GL can be a real plus at times.
I'm a VERY average player but I appreciate the true awesomeness of the G3

As USMC assault I find the M16 just plain pants and the F2000 a bit too inaccurate.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng

sgtdude1987 wrote:

Yeah the G3 is pretty awesome as long as you get support to dish out the ammo. Plus having grenades rather than a GL can be a real plus at times.
I'm a VERY average player but I appreciate the true awesomeness of the G3

As USMC assault I find the M16 just plain pants and the F2000 a bit too inaccurate.
I only use the M16 if i'm playing well tbh.
#rekt
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6140|Scotland!
I'd rather have medpacks and shockpaddles in the end
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6007|Aberdeen, Scotland
Yup, G3 is awesome...I usually use it in semi-auto though to save ammo.

Been playing Gator alot and it really proves itself there
sgtdude1987
+8|6224|midlands britain
If you are having a good round, are well focused or just plain lucky; there's nothing wrong with the M16. I used it happily when I had no unlocks but now I can choose anything else I just don't go there.

Also, I find it pretty hard to play on a pub server as assault because no one ever helps you. Even when you are the squad leader, miles behind enemy lines theres no support, so as assault you either die or run out of ammo and have to switch kits
molotov<bf2>
+15|6452|uk
i picked up the G3 in a game recently & discovered just how good it is. it's very easy to use & feels so accurate on single shot mode, devastating CQB on full auto. i think the nades compensate for the G3's small clip capacity.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone
I need a gun whos clip lasts a bit longer. 20 rounds is just to enough, and I keep dying because I have to reload (or change to pistol). The AKs practically do the same damage but have 10 (50%) extra bullets...
MrAnderson
I really hate support players who don't give you ammo...useless fuckers!
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6502|Sydney, Australia
Umm are they your real stats? Your kill streak is 7, among other very unspectacular stats...

Last edited by Vub (2008-04-15 06:48:50)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

Vub wrote:

Umm are they your real stats? Your kill streak is 7, among other very unspectacular stats...
Give him a break. He's only 6 years old.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
aimless
+166|6132|Texas
I love the assault class. The grenade launcher is so fun, and the G3 kills everything.

I love spamming my 3 flashbangs around and seeing the set of crosshairs appear when I blinded someone.
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!
jesus this is a real mediwh0re speaking...well im not going to flame you anymore..its good you can use another weapon/kit than the medic ones I fell in love with the G3 aswell when i unlocked it (looooong time ago) most cos of the incredible accuracy ,the abilety to do a one shot kill...and it takes max 5 shots to kill an enemy ...but sniper is still my favorite, boom headshot all the way <3
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6415|Somersetshire
M16 + GL > all

I love that gun, it's so accurate at long range, you get 6 clips so there is no need to worry about ammo, very good at close range because of the 3 shot burst
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!

MrAnderson wrote:

poor you cant spam your nades and clays buuuhuuu
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6156|San Antonio, Texas
G3 needs a GL badly Seriously, that rifle is a full auto SVD. I always singleshot for anything, no exception. The low ammo count was a bit of a downer, but there'll always be a support kit you can find after killing him.

Oh, and one hit to the head = death. This sucka packs a punch!
David.P
Banned
+649|6281
G3 > Everything else.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6335|Australia
G3 makes for 1337 pwnage when I'm playing on a server in another country. Even with 300 ping it's an awesome gun.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6389|the land of bourbon

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Vub wrote:

Give him a break. He's only 6 years old.
lol i like how mint has more tk's than enemy kills

the g3 is sweet, both in bf2 and cod4.  just wish it had a bigger clip in bf2/full-auto in cod4.  guess they have to keep it nerfed somehow.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng

Vub wrote:

Yeah they're my real stats...

Of course they aren't. Why do you think it's there.. the 0.1 K/D just makes me laugh, as does the 0.1 SPM...

EDIT: Just changed it to someone with a 0.0009 KDR.

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-04-15 11:13:27)

#rekt
MrAnderson

thepilot91 wrote:

Umm...no, I don't spam nades and clays, but we are talking about the G3 here; assuming you can stay alive more than 2 minutes, you're gonna need ammo pretty soon
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6310|The | Netherlands
G3 is the kick-ass gun, agree?

I do not.
i g
Banned
+876|5871|GA

u srs?

that gun is so bad

owns irl tho
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine

Tehremos wrote:

M16 + GL > all

I love that gun, it's so accurate at long range, you get 6 clips so there is no need to worry about ammo, very good at close range because of the 3 shot burst
QFT
jason85
Banned
+58|6004|Mesa, AZ
i've never been that great with the G3. I tend to stick to sniper and support kits, maybe i'll give the G3 another try next time i play.

thepilot91 wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

he has a point. i always try and keep my ammo full and with the G3 you run out of ammo real fast. and if you do run out of ammo and there is someone playing support who won't give ammo, its annoying. its the same as having two bars of health and the medic standing next to you is retarded and won't heal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard