Rarely, for nostalgia/ hell of it8%8% - 8
Never, Just tired of it2%2% - 2
Never/Rarely BECAUSE Hackers ruined it for me1%1% - 1
I still play for the Mods3%3% - 3
Total: 95
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

So, come this June BF2 will be 3 Years old. The rumor mill has BF3 being in the works.

Stats are stolen through PID spoofers,  EA/DICE is Waaay behind on fixing the Leaderboard.

Hacks are a dime a dozen,  Patches are needed, but not coming,  and the players are dwindling; bugs never to be fixed.

Not to mention, many maps are rare, leaving Karkand the only guaranteed filled maps, just above city maps. (Give me a bit of Zatar, or Midnight Sun, for ole' times' sake.

It's still a great game, still played, but to discuss it all, Here we go.

NOTE: if already done, fine.  Vote anyway.

"OMG SEARCH"  OMG CAN'T. so there.

EDIT: I am speaking from a community's point of view.  I personally still play, and even after hijacked/reset still play for stats, Relivin' the bronze awards is kinda fun, reminds me of 2005 .

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-04-15 10:36:09)

The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5938|CANADA
I do it now to make movies
RoosterCantrell
+399|6481|Somewhere else

I played for stats. But, after my account got fucked with, I found myself still playing, so as of now, I play for the fun, to hell with the stats.Still ag good game..but dead.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
Got addicted to Project Reality, and with a new laptop to play the epic maps on, who can find time for mindless fragfests in Karkand?

I'll hop on a vanilla server for some quick fun now and again. It's nice to have a sniper rifle occasionally, and to get into a jet without it taking ages to respawn.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS
Sadly it is noticeably dying pray it lives on till 3 makes its grand mutha fuckin debut. Still paly for stats and fun though.

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-04-14 21:14:11)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
I'll play a few rounds of AIX on a LAN with my buddies, but other than that, i haven't played in months.  (Teh HAxOrs got my stats wiped anyway)

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2008-04-14 22:23:12)

cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I know what you mean about maps being rare, but there are still some good servers to be found in amongst the Wake/Karkand/Inf only. I like China maps. Also my clan plays in a mod comp, and soon a SF comp.

I don't know if hacks are that much of a problem (not on the servers I play anyway). In any case, all hacks do it make the game more challenging (for me, not the hacker - they're challenged enough already). But it's a pity they never fixed the wall gitches.

BF3 will no doubt have all the same problems in time, so I'm not holding my breath. Just enjoying what we've got now.

Last edited by cospengle (2008-04-14 22:56:05)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
Wow, a dead game is still one of the top5 most played?  Sheesh, guess everyone must be whoring WoW.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia
I used to be really stats obsessed, but when I hit general that obsession dropped to almost zilch. I play for fun now, and if I get an award along the way then thats all well and good, but I'm far less concerned about stats then I was 6 months ago.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6305|The | Netherlands
Ya, had several breaks but I still enjoy it.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6383|Oslo, Norway
Still a lot to accomplish, so I guess I'll play this game till BF3 comes. Tried CoD4, but it didn't impress me, so I went back to my beloved game!!! 
spuddy1981
+10|6364|england
I like to get points although i just got 20K and dont see me playing enough to get the next rank so I may get board of stats by then.  bring on bf3 cos I didnt like the look of 2142.  Might give it a go when it drops in price to bargin basket.  (wont buy it 2nd hand cos it causes problems)
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Still a lot to accomplish, so I guess I'll play this game till BF3 comes. Tried CoD4 anything, but it didn't impress me, so I went back to my beloved game!!! 
fixed
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6315|Netherlands
Been playing 2 years and 2 weeks now, still play around 5 hours a week
RoosterCantrell
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Still a lot to accomplish, so I guess I'll play this game till BF3 comes. Tried CoD4, but it didn't impress me, so I went back to my beloved game!!! 
me too.  Cod4 is cool, but it seems to be all spray and pray.  I like how it's faster paced, but doesn't have as much strategy as BF2
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6494|Land of Cotton
Like many of ya'll, I play for stats and fun. After I got the last tier of unlocks, my intensity faded somewhat. I haven't been playing as often over the last year due to personal commitments and such. All in all, it is a fun game with a lot of diversity and style. Three years of playing one game is pretty good if you factor the initial cost and additional mods that are available. My friends quit playing together about 6 months after it came out. That was the most disappointing part for me. This game much more fun with a squad that works together. It has been an interesting ride.
perazite
+1|5881|Vienna (Austria)
Before this month i used to play for the points to get the final 4 stars, but now i just play to get all those missing medals and hype it up with my buddies As long as i will have something to reach for, i will continue to play this game.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6717|USA
I still play for all the hot chicks!
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK
I used to play for awards and shizzle, now i just play for fun and the nothing else to do factor, im thinking about looking into mods as im sick as wake kark atm.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5860|Nibiru in a far away galaxy
rarely for me lately . to be honest , the game is showing its age , got sick of all the hackers/glitchers/spammers/whiners and the lack of team work commanders not doing a damn thing but idle or nade spam and finally got sick of the same old maps , so rarely for me.
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK
well what other games is everyone playing?
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium
Haven't played in two months now. I've purchased 2142 and I'm enjoying it plus I'm thinking of getting a PS3 for GTA.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH
I play for stats/fun. Tried other games but always come back to BF2.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
I play almost exclusively SF IO now, lots of fun there still.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard