GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6760|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
One guy can carry enough ammo for all his mates and resupply a tank, apc, jet, and helo, this guy is fucking amazing must be built like Arnold Scharzennegger ? Yet you can still run at a good clip with missiles, tank shells, and bullets . This guy is again fucking amazing . i love it
allfive6
+18|6720|Victoria BC or Karkand
and people bitch about bunny hopping being not realistic  but there ok with this.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6779

I would've hated to be a support guy when SF came out because then i'd have to pack my ammo bags with F2000 clips and whatnot.
cocoasdad
+0|6759
Of course that is realistic!

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go out as a Medic, hear a guy scream from beyond the grave, shock paddle him not only back to life , but back to full fighting health and send him on his way!

But first I need to swing by the blown up bridge and fix it with my all-powerful wrench.

Maybe later we can refit some jets at 1000 mph!
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au
but only after you have watched some guys being flung around like limp rag dolls from an explosion instead of disintegrating into blood, bone fragments and pulp, and fired a tank shell at a wooden door to open it and fail to leave an impression.

personally, i get really annoyed by those 'but it's not like real life!' discussions. What. Is. The. Point. it's a video game. Not complaining about this thread - it's those m95 ones that I just try not to read anymore.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6757|In your head

allfive6 wrote:

and people bitch about bunny hopping being not realistic  but there ok with this.
Yes because jumping around shooting an AK or a 12 gauge shotgun is impossible unless you want to fall on your ass. Not only that but it is an exploit and a noobs way of gettign kills. Support givving ammo is just fine.....if they made it so you could only refill ammo for only certain things wouldn't that just be no point at all.

So my friend before you bitch about someone's post think about what you are going to say.
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au
i think maybe you shoulda thought twice before posting that rejoinder - you actually just reinforced his point. when it comes to bunnyhopping it's

ghostgr wrote:

impossible unless you want to fall on your ass.
Given you don't fall on your ass in the game, I guess you're referring to RL. However

ghostgr wrote:

Support givving ammo is just fine.....if they made it so you could only refill ammo for only certain things wouldn't that just be no point at all
so that part doesn't have to be realistic, because it would be no fun.

so you just proved his point you n00b - it's fine for some things to be completely unrealistic in the name of fun, but not others.

so you should take your own advice and

ghostgr wrote:

think about what you are going to say

ghostgr wrote:

before you bitch about someone's post
Drunkaholic
+4|6741
If you tried jumping while shooting a LMG, at least one limb (of yours) would fall off in the process
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6760
I like how people seem to take offense to every single post in a thread.  Then they go to out of their way to prove the other guy wrong.

I love the support kit
SpecialOp21
+0|6722|USA

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

I like how people seem to take offense to every single post in a thread.  Then they go to out of their way to prove the other guy wrong.

I love the support kit
Didn't you know? The internet makes everyone an expert.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.

SpecialOp21 wrote:

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

I love the support kit
Didn't you know? The internet makes everyone an expert.
yeah man what do you expect? for us to get a life or to continue to argue about stupid shit on the internet? i think we should get more to join us in the arguing.
mUnKi_UnKel
+7|6716|State of Confusion

oberst_enzian wrote:

i think maybe you shoulda thought twice before posting that rejoinder - you actually just reinforced his point. when it comes to bunnyhopping it's

ghostgr wrote:

Given you don't fall on your ass in the game, I guess you're referring to RL. However

ghostgr wrote:

Support givving ammo is just fine.....if they made it so you could only refill ammo for only certain things wouldn't that just be no point at all

so you just proved his point you n00b - it's fine for some things to be completely unrealistic in the name of fun, but not others.

ghostgr wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

Hmmm, think you missed ghostgr's distinction.  Looks to me like he was pointing out the difference between intentional and unintentional conditions in the game.  These conditions can be diserned by what is put into the patches for the game.  Exploits tend to be blocked in the patches whereas unrealistic things like resupply are features that will always be allowed (and rewarded).

Last edited by mUnKi_UnKel (2006-01-10 09:14:16)

ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6757|In your head

oberst_enzian wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

I said I didn't care about if the ammo giving was realistic or not. But bunny hopping with a shotgun or an AK is just very unrealistic and so is jumping 2 feet in the air while lying down and shooting.
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au

ghostgr wrote:

I said I didn't care about if the ammo giving was realistic or not. But bunny hopping with a shotgun or an AK is just very unrealistic and so is jumping 2 feet in the air while lying down and shooting.
please. read. carefully.

that is exactly what the other guy was pointing out: the fact that you don't care about one thing, but you do about the other, even though both are equally unrealisitc.

everytime you post you are making his point for him, over and over again. it's about the hypocrisy of pointing out that one is bad because it's unrealistic, but some other thing that is equally unrealistic is fine - even good, because the former suits you while the latter doesn't.

*sigh*

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-10 18:03:49)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6805|Singapore

We know that, we saw that, doesn't that make your statement about people bitching etc uncalled for?
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au
my statement or his? i wasn't making the statement, I was commenting on his use of it
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au

mUnKi_UnKel wrote:

Hmmm, think you missed ghostgr's distinction.  Looks to me like he was pointing out the difference between intentional and unintentional conditions in the game.  These conditions can be diserned by what is put into the patches for the game.  Exploits tend to be blocked in the patches whereas unrealistic things like resupply are features that will always be allowed (and rewarded).
sorry, i missed this the first time - as far as i'm concerned, if the patch changes certain things - great. no problem. what i am arguing against is the entire, ongoing, somewhat silly usage of the concept of "real life" when discussing things you don't like about the game. The reason for this is that if you start with saying that one thing is no good because its "not realisitc" , there is actually no way to stop this from spilling over into a criticism about every single thing in the game, precisely because it's a game. So complaining about bunnyhopping, dolphin diving, n00b t00bs, blah blah blah is completely pointless and misguided, because nothing in a videogame can ever be "realisitic" because it's a videogame.

edit: just to be completely clear - i am not defending BH, DD, NT, etc - I am saying that all posts that complain on the basis of 'realism' (i.e. if you tried to do that in real life, you would x y z) are a category error, and pointless.

I want them to fix all that shit, I don't like it either. it's just my personal irritation that people keep responding to comments with these trumped up, huffy comparisons to "real life".

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-10 18:15:08)

BeautifulJesus
+0|6698|WV

oberst_enzian wrote:

mUnKi_UnKel wrote:

sorry, i missed this the first time - as far as i'm concerned, if the patch changes certain things - great. no problem. what i am arguing against is the entire, ongoing, somewhat silly usage of the concept of "real life" when discussing things you don't like about the game. The reason for this is that if you start with saying that one thing is no good because its "not realisitc" , there is actually no way to stop this from spilling over into a criticism about every single thing in the game, precisely because it's a game. So complaining about bunnyhopping, dolphin diving, n00b t00bs, blah blah blah is completely pointless and misguided, because nothing in a videogame can ever be "realisitic" because it's a videogame.
*...and the crowd goes silent*
Chef-Daz
+4|6702
Who's on First?.....
armin
+0|6772| Bosnia & Herzegovina
support on iron gator on teh U.S. side... i got 55 ammo pints once, averaging over 30 every round
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au
i got 37 once, but hadn't met the global requirements for vet, let alone expert (which is only 25!). 55 is awesome, well done
armin
+0|6772| Bosnia & Herzegovina

oberst_enzian wrote:

i got 37 once, but hadn't met the global requirements for vet, let alone expert (which is only 25!). 55 is awesome, well done
Yeha there was like 5-6 AT shooting at incoming boats + at least 10 others at the deck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard