Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6539|London, UK
Hello again,

Is it possible to block certain hotmail accounts from signing in on your computer? I'm gonna get bitchy and block my brother from signing in on my computer with his emails, but I don't know how to block his account only. I can get the AV software to block Messenger totally, but not anything specific.

Thanks in advance
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5903|Nibiru in a far away galaxy
you should be able to go your options/spam filters , then add there email address on the sender block list.
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6539|London, UK

doug1988 wrote:

you should be able to go your options/spam filters , then add there email address on the sender block list.
is that in the messenger or the antivirus options?
doug1988
spank that azz.
ooh , I  thought you was talking about your email account , are you talking about him signing on to your COMPUTER or bugging you on messenger ? he can't sing on to your COMPUTER with a hotmail account.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 04:25:32)

Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6539|London, UK
yeah, I'm trying to stop him signing in on my computer when I'm not there, force him to use his own PC
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6425|Bromley, London

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

yeah, I'm trying to stop him signing in on my computer when I'm not there, force him to use his own PC
Can you not just have one account which is your's and set a password on it that he doesn't know. And whenever you leave just press windows and L key to lock it.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6586|Washington

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

Hello again,

Is it possible to block certain hotmail accounts from signing in on your computer? I'm gonna get bitchy and block my brother from signing in on my computer with his emails, but I don't know how to block his account only. I can get the AV software to block Messenger totally, but not anything specific.

Thanks in advance
No
doug1988
spank that azz.

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

are you the admin ? if so set your password , kinnda wish you was alittle more clearer on your question to
jsnipy
+3,276|6567|...

yes. If you have a software firewall (bad example but Norton personal firewall) you block access whenever certain strings pass through (typically you would use this for your ssn, etc). Hotmail does not appear to be https so it should work.

You can use such a product and put his email address in it, password protect it so he cannot change its configuration.

You could also block hotmail by making a copy of your host file with hotmail.com looped back to your own pc. Use a batch file to swap to the original and the altered one out (assuming you care to visit hotmail)

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-04-14 06:10:52)

doug1988
spank that azz.

jsnipy wrote:

yes. If you have a software firewall (bad example but Norton personal firewall) you block access whenever certain strings pass through (typically you would use this for your ssn, etc). Hotmail does not appear to be https so it should work.

You can use such a product and put his email address in it, password protect it so he cannot change its configuration.

You could also block hotmail by making a copy of your host file with hotmail.com looped back to your own pc. Use a batch file to swap to the original and the altered one out (assuming you care to visit hotmail)
^^_^^
Brasso
+1,549|6674

jsnipy wrote:

my god snipy, are you speaking english?

props for speaking an entire paragraph i didnt understand
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6728|West Yorkshire, U.K

haffeysucks wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Lol I remember doing batch files in MS DOS. edit menu.bat etc lolol
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6571|Belgium

just put a pw on your computer or screensaver so he cannot get on it at all.

That way he doesn't only stays away from your msn, but also from downloading crap.
']['error
Banned
+630|6688|The Netherlands

De_Jappe wrote:

just put a pw on your computer or screensaver so he cannot get on it at all.

That way he doesn't only stays away from your msn, but also from downloading crap.
doug1988
spank that azz.
How come you just dont set a password at start up if you're the admin, then he won't even see the welcome screen , problem solved. P.S. , I think you meant to say..To stop my brother from signing on WITH my computer , what is he doing ? trying to check his email ?

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 08:54:32)

Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6177|Carnoustie, Scotland

doug1988 wrote:

How come you just dont set a password at start up if you're the admin, then he won't even see the welcome screen , problem solved. P.S. , I think you meant to say..To stop my brother from signing on WITH my computer , what is he doing ? trying to check his email ?
He's googling on how to be as much of a failtard as his brother.
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6539|London, UK

doug1988 wrote:

In a nutshell, my PC has been commandeered for the greater good of the family coz the other shitty one used for checking emails keeps getting broken by viruses from limewire.....IE, stuff he downloaded. He did the same on mine until I removed limewire from the Firewall pass list, and now I'm banning him from his MSN to prove a point. Oh, and coz my PC is being used by the rest of the family, I can't PW it on admin coz the parents are naff at computers......can't use it without a map
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6539|London, UK

Funky_Finny wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

thanks finny, really helpful. now go away
doug1988
spank that azz.

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

Hello again,

Thanks in advance
The only suggestion I can come up with is ,  that you and the rest of the family have the password to log onto the computer and he can only use it if there is a parent around untill he stops and learn his lesson on being stupid and selfish. you can take a look at this , don't know if it will help  but take a peek  http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_block_msn_messenger.html  scroll down to the comment section.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 13:58:16)

Funky_Finny
Banned

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

thanks finny, really helpful. now go away
Welcome.
cospengle
+140|6531|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Couldn't you just ask him nicely to use his own PC?
Funky_Finny
Banned

cospengle wrote:

Couldn't you just ask him nicely to use his own PC?
If by nicely you mean forcefully?
jsnipy
+3,276|6567|...

haffeysucks wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

sorry i was blindly focusing on exactly what he wrote, not thinking of anything common sense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard