ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6662
I would answer my phone if my dad called me from Iraq. What is his dad happened to die the next day? I hate my school. The principle sucks, the teachers are all assholes, students don't have any input pretty much.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350988,00.html
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6651|Mexifornia, USA
At least he got a few days to stay home, maybe even talk to his dad some more. Fuck school, 2 more months (as of yesterday, but I'm not counting or anything ) of this shit and I'm DONE.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5983|Washington DC

Jibbles wrote:

Fuck school, 2 more months (as of yesterday, but I'm not counting or anything ) of this shit and I'm DONE.
lucky bastard

Yeah I saw this on Digg today. Ridiculous.
SealXo
+309|6558

ThaReaper wrote:

I would answer my phone if my dad called me from Iraq. What is his dad happened to die the next day? I hate my school. The principle sucks, the teachers are all assholes, students don't have any input pretty much.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350988,00.html
Lol at my school i talk on my phone during freetime; Listen to my ipod through the halls, hell, even when im in the office checking a teachers box.
Same with hoods
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6500|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Your friend needs a haircut.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715
I miss fucking with substitute teachers in high school, and freshmans. GoooooooooOOOOOOOooooooood times. jk. If high school was run more like college I bet that kids wouldn't be such twats, nor would the staff.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-04-13 19:50:00)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6560|Long Island, New York

ThaReaper wrote:

Besides the principal part, my school's the same. Most schools are. You're not alone. We even had a fucking "school meeting" where the board members met with students to discuss shit, and they just basically told us what they were gonna do, not let us actually speak out on the situation.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6728
He should have discussed it with the teacher and warned him/her beforehand.  If I would have done this in a couple of my classes I'd be dead.  Then again, it depends on the teacher.
Smithereener
+138|6338|California
To be fair, it does disrupt classtime.

But at the same time, I'd have to say it was a bit much to suspend him for answering a call, especially provided the circumstances. Maybe at most, a detention or a warning. 

Did he know that he was to be getting a call first? Then like deadmonkiefart said, he could've warned the teacher beforehand.
The_Mac
+96|6247

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Your friend needs a haircut.
Heh, military brat?
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6540|USA
kinda seems like a trouble-maker, tbh.
sometimes, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.  i have a feeling he went about this situation the wrong way. 

and MLI is right.  tell him to cut his hair.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

I like the proprietary "speak-up" whisper from his mom. Almost did need captions, though.

Put in his shoes, I'd answer the call, suspension be damned. If I wasn't in JROTC, I would've probably had longer hair too, because I eventually got sick of short-short hair styles after a lifetime of it. You'd figure that there's worse things for youth to do than grow their hair slightly out of whack from the cookie-cutter mold.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-13 23:38:28)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command
Bah, his hair is fine.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6346|New Haven, CT
While this is rather stupid, it is easy to see the slant of FOX through the questions.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6728

nukchebi0 wrote:

While this is rather stupid, it is easy to see the slant of FOX through the questions.
How?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

nukchebi0 wrote:

What, kids should be able to speak to their deployed parents when the opportunity presents itself?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-13 23:46:10)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6346|New Haven, CT
The suspension was stupid, not the kid speaking to his parent.

Sorry for being so nebulous.

(Although you could have inferred from my statement that I was supporting him. The two clauses were contrasting, hence the 'while', and since the latter was criticizing the right wing pro-military position, it follows the former was supporting it.)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

nukchebi0 wrote:

(Although you could have inferred from my statement that I was supporting him. The two clauses were contrasting, hence the 'while', and since the latter was criticizing the right wing pro-military position, it follows the former was supporting it.)
Yeah, I understood the first part. I commented on what came after the comma. I don't really watch televised news, so I don't really have a reason to defend any of the networks, but I can say that you might be reading into FOX News a bit too much, like a Libertarian into a Hillary speech. ( for emphasis)

Edit: It's easy for me to see the distinction between supporting military families while criticizing political policy. Unfortunately in some cases, when people make such a show of berating a war that the enemy that members of our military families are fighting receive a morale boost, they are operating counter to their concern over the welfare of said families.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-14 00:04:41)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6346|New Haven, CT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Yeah, I understood the first part. I commented on what came after the comma. I don't really watch televised news, so I don't really have a reason to defend any of the networks, but I can say that you might be reading into FOX News a bit too much, like a Libertarian into a Hillary speech. ( for emphasis)

Edit: It's easy for me to see the distinction between supporting military families while criticizing political policy. Unfortunately in some cases, when people make such a show of berating a war that the enemy that members of our military families are fighting receive a morale boost, they are operating counter to their concern over the welfare of said families.
I was more referring to how she was questioning the kid like she was conducting a direct examination of him.

Good analogy, with the Hillary speech, though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard