Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17

You are part of the problem NOT the solution, people like you keep drug dealers in business, hell I bet you are one yourself if not very good friends with those that are.

Although I am for legalizing drugs, so people like you can hurry up and destroy your lives while the taxpayers get rich off of it, I do not dismiss its use as harmless. If you are using drugs for anything other than its intended use, then you are ABUSING them. To try and post an argument that drug use is great, fun and harmless is absurd.
Where have I ever stated that "drug use is great, fun and harmless"?

I haven't, now stop trolling, if you don't mind.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA
HIV doesn't kill AIDS does? Great so when you get diagnosedcwith HIV, I am sure you will breathe a sigh of relief and sleep well since after all, you do not have AIDS. Ya probably will not even bother to tell anyone you are infected with HIV. After all it isn't like ya got AIDS or anything.
mikkel
+383|6602

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

With those two sentences you make your ignorance about drugs all too blatantly clear.

Ignorance? Please. If anything, your lack of replies to all of my previously covered points shows yours. With a single youtube video, you make your own lack of criticism towards sources in your favour all too blatantly clear.

MDMA is easy to kill yourself on. It may not be the drug itself, but the unattended side-effects of consumption. Saying that MDMA doesn't kill is like saying that HIV doesn't kill. MDMA may not directly kill people frequently, but the likely consequences of ingestion, and more frequently the impurity of the substance as a finished product sure do.

This is like pasting a link to An Inconvenient Truth in a discussion on global warming. Be serious.
Did you watch the video?

Do you know where it came from?

It's a segment of a Horizon documentary, based on a Lancet report into a study done by a number of scientists including members of the UK governments advisory commitee on drug classification.

You can not get much more authoritative than that.

Comparing it to 'An Inconvenient Truth' is like comparing an apple to the inside of my left nostril.

Oh, and HIV doesn't kill. AIDS kills.
Again you fail to cover the points I make, instead citing the supposed authority of a youtube video wholly irrelevant to what it is that I'm actually saying.

Yes, AIDS kills, not HIV. That was the entire point of that comment. MDMA might not kill frequently, but dehydration and impure samples do. What's to blame? The drug. What's to blame for AIDS? HIV.

What you appear to be doing is trying to discredit my opinion by saying that Ecstacy doesn't kill. That is patently false. What this discussion is actually about is the sociological aspect of drug use, and whether or not it leads to a progression in intensity. You've proven your opinion wholly uninformed in your previous comments, and now you're trying to drag it off course in a desparate attempt to regain validity. Get back on track.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-13 05:02:30)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17

You are part of the problem NOT the solution, people like you keep drug dealers in business, hell I bet you are one yourself if not very good friends with those that are.

Although I am for legalizing drugs, so people like you can hurry up and destroy your lives while the taxpayers get rich off of it, I do not dismiss its use as harmless. If you are using drugs for anything other than its intended use, then you are ABUSING them. To try and post an argument that drug use is great, fun and harmless is absurd.

Then come out and say you do not think it is fun, harmless or a great time.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Ignorance? Please. If anything, your lack of replies to all of my previously covered points shows yours. With a single youtube video, you make your own lack of criticism towards sources in your favour all too blatantly clear.

MDMA is easy to kill yourself on. It may not be the drug itself, but the unattended side-effects of consumption. Saying that MDMA doesn't kill is like saying that HIV doesn't kill. MDMA may not directly kill people frequently, but the likely consequences of ingestion, and more frequently the impurity of the substance as a finished product sure do.

This is like pasting a link to An Inconvenient Truth in a discussion on global warming. Be serious.
Did you watch the video?

It's a segment of a Horizon documentary, based on a Lancet report into a study done by a number of scientists including members of the UK governments advisory commitee on drug classification.

Comparing it to 'An Inconvenient Truth' is like comparing an apple to the inside of my left nostril.

Again you fail to cover the points I make, instead citing the supposed authority of a youtube video wholly irrelevant to what it is that I'm actually saying.

Yes, AIDS kills, not HIV. That was the entire point of that comment. MDMA might not kill frequently, but dehydration and impure samples do. What's to blame? The drug. What's to blame for AIDS? HIV.
Again, WATCH THE BLOODY VIDEO!

And you'll see that it is dealing with EXACTLY the point you're making. They're not talking about pure MDMA, they're talking about REAL STREET ECSTASY.

And, again, you're making the same mistake with your statement "What's to blame for AIDS? HIV" as you were about cannabis and hard drug use - HIV DOES NOT CAUSE AIDS. You can get AIDS without ever having been HIV positive and you can be HIV positive and never get AIDS.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17

I find the effects of cannabis use to be pleasant.
I find the effects of acid, mushrooms and ketamine to be mostly pleasant.
I can not comment on the effects of any other illegal drug, as I have not tried them.

I do not think any of them harmless.

I have never said they were harmless.

And if you could be arsed to do a little research into what I have said about drug use on these very forums you will see that for yourself.
mikkel
+383|6602

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Did you watch the video?

And you'll see that it is dealing with EXACTLY the point you're making. They're not talking about pure MDMA, they're talking about REAL STREET ECSTASY.

And, again, you're making the same mistake with your statement "What's to blame for AIDS? HIV" as you were about cannabis and hard drug use - HIV DOES NOT CAUSE AIDS. You can get AIDS without ever having been HIV positive and you can be HIV positive and never get AIDS.
You're seriously, desperately reaching here. First you say

establishing the connection. Then I agree that the connection is there, elaborating my previous point, and suddenly you're saying that it's wrong to make the connection. What I'm comparing is death by AIDS as a consequence of HIV. Are you now going to say that this doesn't happen? Get serious.

Ecstacy in street form kills. Five seconds on google will yield page after page after page of articles about fatal ecstacy consumption. Now, if you wouldn't mind, try to get back on topic.

Why do you feel that coffee and smoking marihuana are sociologically similar?

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-13 05:11:52)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I can not comment on the effects of any other illegal drug, as I have not tried them.

And if you could be arsed to do a little research into what I have said about drug use on these very forums you will see that for yourself.
Oh I have, and you defend drug use/abuse admirably, but you are still what you are.  How much money do you make selling?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

establishing the connection. Then I agree that the connection is there, elaborating my previous point, and suddenly you're saying that it's wrong to make the connection. What I'm comparing is death by AIDS as a consequence of HIV. Are you now going to say that this doesn't happen? Get serious.
There is a connection. But it is not a case of 'get HIV and you'll get AIDS'. HIV, like the common cold, is a virus that weakens the immune system, and whilst the immune system is weakened, wether it's because of HIV or the common cold, you may then develop AIDS - there are no guarantees either way.

mikkel wrote:

Ecstacy in street form kills. Five seconds on google will yield page after page after page of articles about fatal ecstacy consumption. Now, if you wouldn't mind, try to get back on topic.
Five second on google will yield page after page after page of articles about how the attacks on 9/11 were all a conspiracy. Or how aliens are routinely visiting us and abducting people. Or, hell, a million and one things that just ARE NOT TRUE.

OH, and if you're not happy with a you tube video, try these:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007 … andalcohol
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/333/7562/272
http://rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/ … 62.sum.pdf
http://www.parliament.the-stationery-of … /31808.htm

the last link wrote:

Although deaths from ecstasy are highly publicised, it probably kills fewer than 10 people each year which, though deeply distressing for the surviving relatives and friends, is a small percentage of the many thousands of people who use it each week. Nor is it always clear whether the deaths are caused by ecstasy itself...or the circumstances surrounding its use...in many cases they are due to environmental aspects of the dance club scene, particularly overcrowding, overheating, poor availability of cool-out rooms, and restrictions on or the high cost of drinks

mikkel wrote:

I don't. But the argument that "drinking coffee leads to hard drug use" is as valid as the argument that "cannabis leads to hard drug use" - i.e. THEY'RE NOT AT ALL VALID.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-04-13 05:25:57)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh I have, and you defend drug use/abuse admirably, but you are still what you are.  How much money do you make selling?
I have, in the past, sold some weed, but nowadays I don't, I only consume it.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-04-13 05:30:18)

mikkel
+383|6602

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

There is a connection. But it is not a case of 'get HIV and you'll get AIDS'. HIV, like the common cold, is a virus that weakens the immune system, and whilst the immune system is weakened, wether it's because of HIV or the common cold, you may then develop AIDS - there are no guarantees either way.
And neither is it a case of take MDMA and you'll die. That's the entire point. This is simply becoming too stupid to participate in.

I'm going to snip the part about the effects of street ecstasy, because all you've provided is a theory that works as much against your claims as it does against mine, and a bunch of articles testifying to the potential lethality of the drug. You can feel what you feel about this, but you've been dragging it off-topic long enough, and I'm never going to agree with you that ecstasy isn't dangerous, so just let it go.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

I don't. But the argument that "drinking coffee leads to hard drug use" is as valid as the argument that "cannabis leads to hard drug use" - i.e. THEY'RE NOT AT ALL VALID.
You said that before. You were wrong then, too, and you couldn't tell me why you feel that you were right, apparently.

Drinking coffee does not lead to use of hard drugs. That is because drinking coffee, sociologically, has absolutely nothing to do with drug abuse at all.

Smoking marihuana can, and in all likelihood and according to all statistics that you've provided, does lead to use of harder drugs. That is because smoking marihuana, sociologically, has everything to do with drug abuse, just like the use of harder drugs.

What you're saying is essentially the same as saying that a history of drinking beer for the sake of getting drunk could in no way inspire a habit of drinking hard liquors for the sake of getting drunk, simply because eating a cake containing alcohol  for the sake of flavouring won't bring about an onset of alcoholism.

People get high. People want to get higher. You're saying that wanting to get higher has nothing to do with getting high. I think we've established that your credibility in responding to my sociological argument is precisely nil, and it doesn't look to be improving.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-13 05:34:17)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

+1 for honesty, but your defense of drug use/abuse is still pathetic
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

And neither is it a case of take MDMA and you'll die. That's the entire point. This is simply becoming too stupid to participate in.

I'm going to snip the part about the effects of street ecstasy, because all you've provided is a theory that works as much against your claims as it does against mine, and a bunch of articles testifying to the potential lethality of the drug. You can feel what you feel about this, but you've been dragging it off-topic long enough, and I'm never going to agree with you that ecstasy isn't dangerous, so just let it go.
2 million ecstasy tablets are consumed in the UK every weekend. There are, on average, 10 'ecstasy' deaths a year due to drinking too much or too little water.

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You said that before. You were wrong then, too, and you couldn't tell me why you feel that you were right, apparently.

Drinking coffee does not lead to use of hard drugs. That is because drinking coffee, sociologically, has absolutely nothing to do with drug abuse at all.

Smoking marihuana can, and in all likelihood and according to all statistics that you've provided, does lead to use of harder drugs. That is because smoking marihuana, sociologically, has everything to do with drug abuse, just like the use of harder drugs.

What you're saying is essentially the same as saying that a history of drinking beer for the sake of getting drunk could in no way inspire a habit of drinking hard liquors for the sake of getting drunk, simply because eating a cake containing alcohol  for the sake of flavouring won't bring about an onset of alcoholism.

People get high. People want to get higher. You're saying that wanting to get higher has nothing to do with getting high. I think we've established that your credibility in responding to my sociological argument is precisely nil, and it doesn't look to be improving.
As I've already stated, it's not the same as saying drinking doesn't lead to hard liquor use, because cannabis affects the brain in a TOTALLY different way to heroin, other opiates, speed, or even alcohol.

People that want a cannabis high use cannabis. People that want an opiate high use opiates. People that want an alcohol high use alcohol. And people that want a caffeine high drink coffee.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well you're just pathetic, and I'm going to bed.

Goodnight.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-04-13 05:44:30)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

And you're just pathetic.
lol
mikkel
+383|6602

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

As I've already stated, it's not the same as saying drinking doesn't lead to hard liquor use, because cannabis affects the brain in a TOTALLY different way to heroin, other opiates, speed, or even alcohol.

People that want a cannabis high use cannabis. People that want an opiate high use opiates. People that want an alcohol high use alcohol. And people that want a caffeine high drink coffee.
Are you actively trying to make a fool of yourself? We're talking about the SOCIOLOGY, not the PHARMACOLOGY. It really doesn't matter how it affects the brain.

Your own statistics establish a clear correlation between cannabis use and the use of harder drugs. You feel that it has nothing to do with the physiological or pharmacological aspects of the drug. What I'm talking about is the SOCIOLOGICAL aspects of getting high for the sake of getting high, and cannabis shares this with harder drugs, just like beer shares the sociological aspects of drinking for the sake of getting drunk with hard liquor.

You've done absolutely nothing to disprove that the sociological correlation accounts for the statistical correlation, the cause of which still seems to elude you.

So what we're back to is you saying that despite that most any aspect of life deals with progressive experiences, recreational drug use doesn't. For some reason that you don't seem aware of yourself.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-13 06:22:42)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Too many of my friends have ended up total wasters and losers from cannabis use to support its legalisation anywhere I live.
If America wants to legalise it then great, hopefully they won't then have a usable army.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

Dilbert_X wrote:

Too many of my friends have ended up total wasters and losers from cannabis use to support its legalisation anywhere I live.
If America wants to legalise it then great, hopefully they won't then have a usable army.
stereotypical bullshit.

i smoke more chronic than most anyone i know......seriously, my girl and i go through an eighth in about two days.

im about to start my second business, and shes taking her series seven stock brokers license.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Parker wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

stereotypical bullshit.

i smoke more chronic than most anyone i know......seriously, my girl and i go through an eighth in about two days.

im about to start my second business, and shes taking her series seven stock brokers license.
Nothing like the proud and defiant drug addict to set the record straight.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

I'm still principally against the legalization of drugs. It's not good for you, don't do it. But I guess that is something that you simply cannot do, since laws are - on a large scale - ignored when it comes to this. So I guess you'd have to put some pretty harsh taxes on drugs to at least equal tobacco - and give them the same restrictions as tobacco. I don't want anyone smoking weed next to me in a restaurant...

Also, @Scorpion: I have heard of many more deaths than are listed there due to Ex - but not directly attributed to the drug. Many people who use the drug either dehydrate, or over hydrate themselves, and die of that. So, yeah, technically not an extacy death, but a death due to the drug nonetheless.
Furthermore, weed DOES affect you quite largely - a study was done on pilots in flight simulators, and 24 hours after they got high they were still experiencing up to 15m deviations from the middle of the runway (norm is around 2-3m)

I don't mind people smoking the drug - it's not my business. But right now, you shouldn't be surprised if you get fined/it taken away, and don't claim it's harmless!

Also, again @Scorpion: HIV leads to AIDS - I think that was the analogy, was it not?

-konfusion

edit: The whole "pot-smokers being slackers" thing is not just a stereotype. The friends of mine who stopped usually saw an increase in concentration at school, and were generally more focused. Friends of mine who started smoking usually had the opposite happen. It's really hard to motivate them to do anything, and most of their conversations are about "that one time they got high at that one guy's place" or about planning the previous.

Last edited by konfusion (2008-04-13 07:25:18)

topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
I smoke everyday as well for enjoyment and can stop whenever I feel like. But I cannot say the same for alcohol.

Hummm.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

stereotypical bullshit.

proud, defiant AND successful lowing.
get it the fuck right.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6454|Ontario, Canada
you realize the IMF are bastards ATG, if you took an essentials high school class on world politics you would realize how evil they are.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

stereotypical bullshit.

proud, defiant AND successful lowing.
get it the fuck right.
I do not give a fuck how much you make, you are a drug addict. The Enron Executives were successful as well. do you think they have respect?

Drug dealers, and Britney Spears and Paris Hilton make more than I do, what is your point?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France
I spent some time trying to find the van Cheech & Chong made entirely of pot on Youtube, but failed.

Anyhow, beyond the regular love pot/hate pot argument:
Biofuel is NOT good for the environment.  Yes, a gallon of biofuel has less emissions than a gallon of gas, but you have to burn six times as much to have the same output.  So it's actually more damaging to the environment then gas.

There's a country in South America that found this out the hard way.  I can't remember which one (Bolivia or Bulgaria)...

...ps bulgaria is a joke, unless your high...then bulgaria acutally is part of south america.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard