Poll

M24 or SVD

M2460%60% - 155
Svd39%39% - 101
Total: 256
Wildbill100372
+1|6680
Which sniper rifle do you prefer? I love the accuracy and power of the M24, but there have been many instances where I want the rapid fire action of the SVD.
oberst_enzian
+234|6738|melb.au
omfg m24 pwns j00 all
plastic_budgie
+114|6747|England : East Yorkshire
M24 no doubt but thats the one i prefer but ime so youste to m95 now no going back but SVD can be quite good if u learn how to use it 10 bullets all head shots its a killing machine.
Wildbill100372
+1|6680

oberst_enzian wrote:

omfg m24 pwns j00 all
I'll agree that if you have one guy in your sights and you need to get him, nothing beats the M24. But, for example, on Wake Island, the U.S. captured one of the end flags and were marching toward the inner flags. With the SVD, I was able to knock guys down much faster than I could've with an M24.
plastic_budgie
+114|6747|England : East Yorkshire
yeah i know what u mean. but its a TYPE 88 not SVD i find it really hard to kill with TYPE 88 it's like a musket rilfe with a scope.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6750
I prefer the SVD or T88 since its still a single shot to the head for a kill & no scope out delay between shots, a delay which can cost you your life in some situations.
Wildbill100372
+1|6680

plastic_budgie wrote:

yeah i know what u mean. but its a TYPE 88 not SVD i find it really hard to kill with TYPE 88 it's like a musket rilfe with a scope.
The Type 88 and SVD are nearly the same in their specs. The PLA sniper gets the Type 88 and the MEC gets the SVD.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6836
both r good. learn to use them.
7h3647h32in6
+0|6719

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

both r good. learn to use them.
Agreed. They both require a different fighting tactic, different cover situations, and a different range. Learn to use both.

My personal preference is the m24 because, after some good practice, I can sprint, prone, fire, switch to pistol, jump sideways and fire a pistol shot with guaranteed accuracy in a single fluid motion long before he gets any hits in on me in a firefight.

The SVD still has it's place though in the backside of the Hill position on Mashtuur, the sides of the construction site on Sharqi, and flanking the enemy position on Karkand. Just learn your angles and the terrain at the proper distances and you'll be fine.

Last edited by 7h3647h32in6 (2006-01-08 19:41:35)

Maj.Do
+85|6748|good old CA
id use both in different scenarios.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6736|Vermont
Can you say "no contest"?  M24
oberst_enzian
+234|6738|melb.au

Wildbill100372 wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

omfg m24 pwns j00 all
I'll agree that if you have one guy in your sights and you need to get him, nothing beats the M24. But, for example, on Wake Island, the U.S. captured one of the end flags and were marching toward the inner flags. With the SVD, I was able to knock guys down much faster than I could've with an M24.
yeah, i was being facetious - i think what makes a good player is knowing which situation calls for which gun. i have had many a fun time with the svd/type88. actually, the comparision is kind of pointless because it's not like you get to pick one or the other in any army - the real comparision to make is svd/88 over m95
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD
I say SVD because I think the M24 sucks all around in my opinion.  I don't use either, the M95 is the best for me.  I just saw another topic, all you people that bash M95s just suck and you can't use them purely because you suck.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-01-08 20:00:05)

Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6736|Vermont

_j5689_ wrote:

I say SVD because I think the M24 sucks all around in my opinion.  I don't use either, the M95 is the best for me.  I just saw another topic, all you people that bash M95s just suck and you can't use them purely because you suck.
Well then.  Congrats on bringing the M95 into the discussion of the M24 and SVD.  Now that it's been done (a foregone conclusion really), however, I doubt that the reason people bash it is because they lack the ability to poin, pause, and shoot.  I personally don't hate the M95 at all, but given a choice I would take the M24 just for the thinner sights.  That being said, I don't find the sight picture on the M95 that disruptive and have had good rounds with both guns.  If you really feel the need to pretend that people hate the M95 "purely because they suck" to build up yourself then, by all means, do so.  But lets try and be honest here, it basically comes down to personal preference.

EDIT ---------> Looking at your stats, I notice that you can't hit the broad side of a barn with a sniper rifle.  35% accuracy and a 0.52 kpd?  Please.  I'm not exactly a pro sniper but I'm better than most and I'm sorry that I wasted my time responding to such an uneducated opinion on the matter.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2006-01-09 22:02:59)

Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6734|Great Wall

plastic_budgie wrote:

To kill with Type 88 you need to be drunk first. That's all the secret

M24 > SVD > Type 88 > M95

I use all but M95. M95 is a loud piece of shit.

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2006-01-09 22:38:49)

oberst_enzian
+234|6738|melb.au

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

I'm sorry that I wasted my time responding to such an uneducated opinion on the matter.
lol BiRdMaN829, that's why i didn't bother!
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6836

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

how bout u and me u m24, me sdv.

oh and to the dude asking.- practice with the m95 if u can, when you get used to it, u'll see how easier it is to use the m24 and other sniper rifles, since the m95's crosshairs r thiker
deject
Got His War On
+37|6769|Golden, CO

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

how bout u and me u m24, me sdv.

oh and to the dude asking.- practice with the m95 if u can, when you get used to it, u'll see how easier it is to use the m24 and other sniper rifles, since the m95's crosshairs r thiker
Well, that only makes it harder to aim, in my opinion.  I like the crosshairs on the M24 the best.

I like the M24 better because of the greater zoom.  The SVD and Type 88 are harder to use at long range because you have to aim at a smaller target.  The better damage is also a big plus.  I don't mind the bolt action because when I snipe I like to be far enough away for the target to not see me and therefore not know what cover will save him.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6751
I agree with you, the rapid fire of the SVD is some times nice, but that is only for close shots, or people that move to much to get a good head shot.  Since you can get all your shots in them before they find cover.
Yet overall, I will take the M24.  Quality over quantity.  1 accurate shot > 3 quick shots.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6839|Bryan/College Station, TX
Are you a Battle Sniper or are you a Stealth Sniper? That question alone answers if you prefer the M24 or the SVD. When you have multiple targets at Medium to Long range the SVD is great. When you have only a few targets at Long to Extra Long range the M24 is for you. That's the way I see it at least.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
someone25
+1|6744
that isnt really a question? svd... lol ...
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6772|Scotland!!!
sure it is, i think he meant - battle sniper - wants less reload time & more ammo = SVD, stelth sniper = no one SHOULD (should ) see him = m24

i try an play USMC so i take the M24, but if i have to play MEC yea the SVD is good, had some decent kills with that, i dont use the M95 much, maby to replace the Type 88
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6700
I prefer the M24 or the Type 88 i just cant seem to get a handle on the sights for the SVD but i know its a good weapon in the right hands but i dont mind the M95 for the right situations (Choppers and Vodniks) got to love the sniping of pilots(also the reason my accuracy is low drats) but with the M24 its easy for me to get rounds of 28/8 and a bit less with the type 88
Octavarium
+1|6706
My next unlock will be the M95 for 2 reasons:

1. It's like a bigger meaner looking M24
2. The bolt action is quicker than the M24

#2 is just an excuse for #1 lol!
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6839|Sacramento, Cal
m24

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard