Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844
Is there A Gunship Flare Hack ? or Anti AA hack for Gunship Helios ?

I was playing BF2SF on THF  Server. Yes I was getting killed, I don't know the New SF maps at all.

On the Rocket map I mounted an Stinger AA Missile battery. Every Time I got a lock he would pop flares, ok The usual seven or nine would come out. I don't know the exact count. But after or four to six seconds,  Three more flares would pop out.  The interval between flare reload seemed very short also but this may have been " buck fever ".

I ask' d him about it and he said I don't know why. and the other player in the hind said

" Flares are dependent on skill level "

This met with some comments from other players. For some reason I decided to stay on AA for three whole games. BF is beginning to bore me so I like to experiment. I never had one missile hit a Chopper the Entire time for three whole games.

I don't recall which one was flying and who was the Gunner but the Guy who answered was THF-Deckard
He seemed really cool and game play was good. ( those THF guys can really run a Squad well )

THF aint the Tuffest clan I ran into but they did walk all over our team. Our guys were composite and hadn't a clue. But in general I suck to so I didn't care.

I did accidentally Ram his Helio out and felt pretty bad about it. So I didn't fly after that.

I have popped a few choppers in my time With every thing from C4 ( dont get too low while rearming ) .50 cals, commie 12.7mm, Tows, Stingers, That Support weapon unlock, MBT Cannon and M95 Barret .50 
Are the New BF2SF hinds different? Just seemed strange.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6707
After 300 hours in a helicopter, i can say that antiaircraft is useless. Well, thats not entirely true, antiaircraft is useful for hitting things youre not aiming at, or hitting things that arent moving or looking at you, but other than that its worthless.

The flares on a helicopter reload pretty much as fast as the missiles on a stinger do. In fact, if the helicopter in question is looking at you, id suggest taking your chances on foot running away, because shooting him down is probably not very likely, and staying in the stinger will just earn you a fast death if the pilot knows anything.

If you really want to shoot a helicopter down, find an FAV or something else with a swivel 50 cal on top, park somewhere inconspicuous, and start blasting.
Wildbill100372
+1|6691
I've taken down plenty of aircraft with either mounted or mobile AA.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6726|The Netherlands
I think the sraw is a very good aa gun for choppers at short and medium range, i d rather use that then a stingersite. Pilots dont get a warning for a sraw so thats a big advantage and if you miss with it, at least its your own fault.

Sure a mounted browning 50 cal does the job too and i guess its better at long ranges.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-01-08 17:07:06)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6792|Perth, Western Australia
The only thing I have found anti air was good for was shooting down trasnport choppers
chitlin
Banned
+36|6769
stingers arent what they should be but they can kill... just be smart with it

dont engage when hes lookin right at you
if hes allready killed you at that site then maybe move to a new one
if you missed and hes going back towards you run for the hills, dont just sit there and wait for it to reload
wait to fire untill he drops flares
theyre most effective when hes moving paralell and least when perpendicular
the_ubernoob_
+8|6750

General-Echo wrote:

I think the sraw is a very good aa gun for choppers at short and medium range, i d rather use that then a stingersite. Pilots dont get a warning for a sraw so thats a big advantage and if you miss with it, at least its your own fault.

Sure a mounted browning 50 cal does the job too and i guess its better at long ranges.
Oh they get a warning alright...just usually not one fast enough.
Esker
+1|6733
It's all well and good waiting for the pilot to drop his flares but a lot pilots have worked out why the warning sound changes and won't release flares until they hear that sound.

Best off shooting them down with FAV's and the like. AA is only good against newbs who don't know where the flare button is.
7h3647h32in6
+0|6729
I haven't been able to hit blackhawks or the transports, but one day, I must have done something right cause I was able to keep the skies clear with 4 cobra kills as they were either banking or flying away at over 100m. Never been able to hit jack diddly squat since.
oberst_enzian
+234|6749|melb.au
i keep managing to bring down hinds and apaches on ghost town with the stingers and igla - but never the mobile aa. that thing is only good for infantry sweeping. however, i have to say that one of the things that has really revived my interest in this game is the rpg - i fucking love the rpg. i keep getting two kills from hovering choppers on surge and mass - it's so cool! also makes short work of tanks, and you can snipe infantry with it too... brilliant. i wish i could use it for all armies, for regular bf2. there's nothing funnier than taking out a well hidden smug sniper with a rocket, and then taking down a slow moving chopper... so much fun.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
Just for your information, 12.7mm is the same as .50 calibers.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6748|In your head

oberst_enzian wrote:

i keep managing to bring down hinds and apaches on ghost town with the stingers and igla - but never the mobile aa. that thing is only good for infantry sweeping. however, i have to say that one of the things that has really revived my interest in this game is the rpg - i fucking love the rpg. i keep getting two kills from hovering choppers on surge and mass - it's so cool! also makes short work of tanks, and you can snipe infantry with it too... brilliant. i wish i could use it for all armies, for regular bf2. there's nothing funnier than taking out a well hidden smug sniper with a rocket, and then taking down a slow moving chopper... so much fun.
Hitting infantry with a rocket is a noobs way of saying I can't shoot worth shit with bullets. Just my opinion.....wasn't directed at you just you where first one to really say it.
dalfiuss
+1|6837
I have had excellent success with AA.  There are a couple things you NEED to know and do while using it though.

The MOST important is patience.  Most pilots will release their flares before you fire anything, you absolutely must wait for their flares to be down to be useful at all.  After they flare you should whip the AA far into the air, removing all lockons, and then bring it down so just the chopper is within the lock area.  This allows a relock a second after flares are fired, and if you pop off your shots then you have a good chance of connecting.

You also need to realize that the accuracy of the shots is garbage, if the chopper is running perpendicular to your view you will usually have trouble hitting them.  The easiest shots are those directly straight on as the chopper is flying away.
oberst_enzian
+234|6749|melb.au

ghostgr wrote:

Hitting infantry with a rocket is a noobs way of saying I can't shoot worth shit with bullets.
the reason this is rubbish is that if you spot a sniper as AT and no-one in your squad with a rifle is nearby, then your other options are:

1) to try and snipe him with your smg/shotgun (which is impossible).

2) or leave him to keep sniping your team mates.

so how are you a n00b if you rocket him? really, this kind of "you are a n00b if you kill the enemy with the weapons at your disposal" is a boring load of crap. the point is to kill them anyway you can, and all this noob/skillz shit is pointless rhetoric.

...not directed soley at you, but you brought it up
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844

_j5689_ wrote:

Just for your information, 12.7mm is the same as .50 calibers.
Actually a 12.7 commie Dishka (sp) dipicted in BF2 works out to be slightly larger .51 cal.
Has  Slightly inferior ballistic and wicked muzzle flash.
USA measures Caliber Diameter from land to land and most European nations measure caliber diameter Grove to grove but it is Slightly larger caliber.

Some manufactures refer to the BMG .50 round as 12.7 now
But the Dishka The Commie .51 cal wont chamber in a BMG.

( But my POINT WAS it would double drop flares! Not what to tag them with.

Also I allways bag a Gunship or two with AA. Never a jet tho. )
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844

oberst_enzian wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

Hitting infantry with a rocket is a noobs way of saying I can't shoot worth shit with bullets.
the reason this is rubbish is that if you spot a sniper as AT and no-one in your squad with a rifle is nearby, then your other options are:

1) to try and snipe him with your smg/shotgun (which is impossible).

2) or leave him to keep sniping your team mates.

so how are you a n00b if you rocket him? really, this kind of "you are a n00b if you kill the enemy with the weapons at your disposal" is a boring load of crap. the point is to kill them anyway you can, and all this noob/skillz shit is pointless rhetoric.

...not directed soley at you, but you brought it up
I thought thats what they were for? Fortified positions and stuff? Area fire? They are kind light for real armor
uk.solidsnake
+3|6714|England, UK
Helo flares reload really fast, you can flare like 2-3 times in 20 seconds, yet another thing which makes AA crap. However, if you know what you are doing you can often knock helos out of the sky.

Normally I hang around next to an AA site, wait until the helo does a flyby and jump in. Once you get a lock they normally shit a brick and flare, so you quickly look away to break lock then look back and fire away. You'll generally only hit them if they flying towards or away from you though, if they are flying sidewards on from you the AA will probably go nuts and hit a teammate.
oberst_enzian
+234|6749|melb.au
the stinger sites on GHost Town actually work really well. I think all the other places just got virtually shipped virtually defective virtual parts

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard