Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Iran has no need to use nukes as a deterrant.
Iran need nukes as a deterrant against the United States and Israel who keep threatning to bomb them.
because they are trying to make nukes.
see how that works?
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

"We should be talking to them as well," Obama told the top US General in Iraq David Petraeus and US ambassador to Baghdad Ryan Crocker.

"I do not believe we are going to be able to stabilize the situation without that" said Obama, adding that a plan for US troop withdrawals was needed to force Iraqi factions to work together.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usiraqiranobama

um ok.. with Ron Paul out of the picture, i think that guy is the closest thing to political reconciliation with Muslims around the world.

C'mon america, send that guy in the oval office.
With success or failure in "talking to Iran" it is better than not.  They don't want their cities destroyed either.  Why wouldn't an opposing world power attempt to talk with and negotiate peace, or at least a more peaceful agreement.  Further, Iraq is their neighbor, and always will be...why wouldn't we want to talk to Iran to see if they can play a somewhat US friendly part in rebuilding because I'm certain Iran is ready to go to help them rebuild and stabilize..which is our ONLY goal in Iraq since it's quite impossible to end terrorism..especially the terrorism we started by going there.

McCain would flip out and nuke them if he tried talking to them and got a smartass answer from Amedinnerjacket.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Iran need nukes as a deterrant against the United States and Israel who keep threatning to bomb them.
see how that works?
Remember its a secret peaceful project
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

see how that works?
They are trying to make nukes as a deterrant againt the USA and Israel who don't want them to make nukes.
Parker
isteal

M.O.A.B wrote:

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

see how that works?
Remember its a secret peaceful project
oh, right......friendly intentions all the way!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

see how that works?
They are trying to make nukes as a deterrant againt the USA and Israel who don't want them to make nukes.
...and France, Germany, etc

Stop being such a fucktard.
Parker
isteal

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

see how that works?
wait, i thought it was because they were threatening to bomb them?

are we still talking about the same thing?
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

see how that works?

Not sure

Iran wants nukes because the USA and israel are threatening to bomb them.

The US and israel are threatening to bomb Iran because they don't want them to have nukes.

Who started threatening who?  that is the question.. i say the USA started it by calling Iran part of the axis of evil back in the days.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Not sure

The US and israel are threatening to bomb Iran because they don't want them to have nukes.

Who started threatening who?  that is the question.. i say the USA started it by calling Iran part of the axis of evil back in the days.
I'd say Iran making threats of wiping Israel of the face of the earth was the first one.
Parker
isteal

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Not sure

back in the days of???
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Iran wants nukes to foster and spread the Caliphate around the world. To make you pray to Mecca or die.

Pretty much what they've been saying for years.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Part of me almost hopes Iran develop nuclear weapons, it might create a bit of balance and stability in the region...seen as the idea of all nations getting rid of all nuclear weapons is about as realistic as Harry Potter becoming the next US President.
Why does it have to be fair in terms of armaments in that region? Iran has no need to use nukes as a deterrant, reason being the Israeli's have never used nukes in the decades they've had them, even during times when their country was under grave threat. This isn't like Pakistan vs India.

If you want the world to be fair, give nukes to every country and every terrorist group, you know so they have equal firepower to balance it all out and create some stability.
Since the arms race has already been started that is actually the only way a tense worldwide standoff might actually be achieved (although nutjob terrorists would maybe use the things just to go straight to heaven for the 70 virgin after party). I'd much rather superman came and took all the nukes out to space though to be honest.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

ATG wrote:

Iran wants nukes to foster and spread the Caliphate around the world. To make you pray to Mecca or die.

Pretty much what they've been saying for years.
Or maybe they just want them so the US won't blow them off the face of the planet...either or.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Not sure

Are you dense?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
the caliphate was sunni. iran is shia

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

usmarine wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Are you going back to Iraq "together" ?
Nah...... so did you remember your monthly donation for hamas?  How is the hitler youth camp doing these days?
Bah hamas will never get another dollar from me, they are just a bunch of terrorists..  i switched to Hezbollah, a lot more effective and at least they are targeting the IDF.

And the camp feel emply since you left.. we are all waiting for your return.
giving money to Iran now are we?

everyone knows hezbollah is propagated by iran.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-04-09 09:56:41)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199

Parker wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Parker wrote:

Not sure

back in the days of???
Around 2003

And we all know that even if Iran manage to have some nukes, they will never use them against israel..

They may be muslim, or fanatics but they are not crazy.  A nuclear attack against israel mean the complete destruction of Iran.. we know that and they know that.

They just want to have a nuke so nobody mess with them.. See North Korea, nobody threatened to bomb them..and they threatened the USA more than one time.

And ATG c'mon you know its all propaganda..
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
your logic fails.  the fact that they want to have a nuke will legitimize any western military action.  you think like a 5 year old  "they just want a nuclear weapon so they wont have to use it..." 

so, now you admit Iran is full of shit when they say its all for peaceful purposes, at least the clown make up is coming off.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Nah...... so did you remember your monthly donation for hamas?  How is the hitler youth camp doing these days?
Bah hamas will never get another dollar from me, they are just a bunch of terrorists..  i switched to Hezbollah, a lot more effective and at least they are targeting the IDF.

And israel is propagated by the USA.

No difference..
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

No difference..
your point?  like I said before, you think the world stage is some kind of playground where if enough kids feel like they are being jipped they could go run and tell the teacher.  yes, israel survives because of the United States.  WOW, what a fucking scoop.  You should be working for the new york times or washington post or something.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-04-09 10:00:27)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
Guys you're acting like we've been ignoring the Iranians.

We haven't. That's it, we have been talking with these people since the war began - before even, and look where it got us. It's not just the United States involved in these conversations either, many EU countries do their best too as they are involved in the war aswell.

Iran needs to talk with us. What they've given us so far on information and actual support is useless, furthermore - they have been funding militias and terrorist groups to kill our soldiers, doesn't that imply that they don't like us - no matter how much we talk? The only way we get them to agree with us is to leave Iraq and say that all their nuclear plans are peaceful. You know this will never happen.

You got to understand when talk has no use anymore. Ahmoudinejad isn't listening, there has to be a change of scene soon or someone will bomb the shit out of them, and that will probably be a disaster.

keep in mind - If we bomb Iran before they make a nuclear weapon without way too obvious evidence that they are making one, the countries around Iran and those supporting Iran will most likely fire back. If we let them create a nuclear weapon no doubt they'll be passing it to the terrorists they're sponsoring to do the dirty job for them.

It isn't all rainbow colours like you want to make it, and it will be a very - very tough job to solve the situation. I will bet that Obama isn't capable of solving it either.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-04-09 10:09:58)

inane little opines
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

No difference..
your point?  like I said before, you think the world stage is some kind of playground where if enough kids feel like they are being jipped they could go run and tell the teacher.  yes, israel survives because of the United States.  WOW, what a fucking scoop.  You should be working for the new york times or washington post or something.
It's no playground, it's very real and you have to do what you have to in order to survive and look after yourself. The one thing that will truly guarantee Iran safety from US attack/invasion is nuclear weapons and they are probably fully prepared to go and achieve them. If you put yourself in the mindset of the Iranian leadership it's fully understandable...they're in the middle of a media led 'Middle east vs. the West' war (which they're trying to be the big Middle Eastern player in), their neighbour has just been preemptively torn to bits by the US (and now the same war rhetoric is being used in relation to them) and they have their own domestic problems which would be conveniently deflected in the minds of the people thanks to the national pride that would be aroused via the acquisition of nukes.

The world wouldn't be a better place if Iran got nukes (the world gets progressively worse every time a new nation acquires nukes) but it may get a little more stable in that region (the West won't see it that way, but it was the same in the Cold War days).
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
put it this way.  George Bush will LOVE it if Iran had nukes.
PureFodder
+225|6287
Iran has a stellar record on the subject of non-proliferation. No nuclear country comes close to Iran's record. They've stopped making nuclear fuel voluntarily, which they have every right to make, to placate the west, who have repeatedly thrown it back in their faces, hence they carry on. They accepted the plan of ElBaradei to put all fissile material into international hands, no other country has accepted this proposal.

The US on the other hand has probably the worst record on nuclear proliferation.

The US response to talks with Iran?
Lawrence Wilkerson, then chief of staff to secretary of state Colin Powell, said the failure to adopt a formal Iran policy in 2002-03 was the result of obstruction by a "secret cabal" of neo-conservatives in the administration, led by Vice President Dick Cheney.

"The secret cabal got what it wanted: no negotiations with Tehran," Wilkerson wrote in an e-mail to Inter Press Service (IPS).

The Iranian negotiating offer, transmitted to the State Department in early May 2003 by the Swiss ambassador in Tehran, acknowledged that Iran would have to address US concerns about its nuclear program, although it made no specific concession in advance of the talks, according to Flynt Leverett, then the National Security Council's senior director for Middle East Affairs.

Iran's offer also raised the possibility of cutting off Iran's support for Hamas and Islamic Jihad and converting Hezbollah into a purely socio-political organization, according to Leverett. That was an explicit response to Powell's demand in late March that Iran "end its support for terrorism".

In return, Leverett recalls, the Iranians wanted the US to address security questions, the lifting of economic sanctions and normalization of relations, including support for Iran's integration into the global economic order.

Leverett also recalls that the Iranian offer was drafted with the blessing of all the major political players in the Iranian regime, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khomeini.

Realists, led by Powell and his deputy, Richard Armitage, were inclined to respond positively to the Iranian offer. Nevertheless, within a few days of its receipt, the State Department had rebuked the Swiss ambassador for having passed on the offer.
http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001320.php
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

/cracks open the JDAM hangar
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I know what you mean, it's a weird self contradictory situation because the possession of nukes, though it may provide safety from attack, will actually validate the hassle they've been getting. I don't think the leaders in Iran care though, they'd rather just get them and see how the rest of the world proceeds from there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard