blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
I recently ended up watching this show on the History channel, and they talked about how there are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday.The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012.

nice found it hahaha here you guys cant watch it too!

PART 1

PART 2
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

blademaster wrote:

A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012.
Yeah, so? There are lots of different articles and forums topics that mention 2012. This one included. The Web-Bot project doesn't sound very intelligent to me, if all it does is see what dates get mentioned often.

I'll bet Sept 11 is at the top of the list too.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

TheAussieReaper wrote:

blademaster wrote:

A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012.
Yeah, so? There are lots of different articles and forums topics that mention 2012. This one included. The Web-Bot project doesn't sound very intelligent to me, if all it does is see what dates get mentioned often.

I'll bet Sept 11 is at the top of the list too.
Im not saying its accurate just watch it and make your own conclusion, I just thought it was interesting.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6778
meh heard it 320853 times before about 492498 different dates. no biggie.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
What happens when the end of all end of the world dates comes and goes and nothing happens?
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
Did you also know that at approximately 24:59 GMT today everything is going to disappear?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

I hear if you play Pink Floyd to the wizard of oz it all adds up also. .

The end of the world for the Mayans was around the 9th Century. I wonder if they predicted that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6375|Kyiv, Ukraine

ATG wrote:

What happens when the end of all end of the world dates comes and goes and nothing happens?
Same thing that always has happened nearly every year when its predicted...nothing.  The bible-thumpers will just move the goal posts again and keep plugging away.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6572|Portland, OR, USA

Kmarion wrote:

The end of the world for the Mayans was around the 9th Century. I wonder if they predicted that.
They didn't predict anything.  Their calender simply ended in 2012.  I recall at least 2 other "dooms day-sayers" within the last 5 or so years..

I'm still here
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6458|The edge of sanity

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They didn't predict anything.  Their calender simply ended in 2012.  I recall at least 2 other "dooms day-sayers" within the last 5 or so years..

I'm still here
Well aparently, if something doesn't kill us within the next month the LHC will end us with a black hole
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
inb4johntitor
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I'm still here
True..  that's kinda what I was going for.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Good thing the BF2s Vegas trip is 2010 then I guess!
CommieChipmunk
+488|6572|Portland, OR, USA

Kmarion wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I'm still here
True..  that's kinda what I was going for.
lol, I know, I was.. reinforcing it?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise

ATG wrote:

People will recalculate the end like they always do.  The end of the world has been 'predicted' hundreds of time over.  This time is no different (unless GW gets a 3rd stay in office).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

I don't think GW would even want a third term.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

Kmarion wrote:

Actually, yes, in a sense they did.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

If you listen to the sky-is-falling reactionaries on BF2S, they Mayans are about 4 years off.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
beerface702
+65|6695|las vegas
97% chance we wake up that morning, or are sitting here on bf2s(?) and nothing happned..till the next time!
Enzzenmachine
+20|6347
From what I heard Mayan calendar just mentionned the 21st december being the end of the 4th world/beginning of the 5th world. It does NOT mean there is gonna be an apocalypse which shall kill us all, it could mean alot of things, which could affect us or.. not. Actually we don't know what it means really, there are just a bunch of people which think that they do know.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

ATG wrote:

God changed his mind and set a new date

Its like when those people said the world would end in 2000
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

blademaster wrote:

I recently ended up watching this show on the History channel, and they talked about how there are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday.The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012.
You forgot to include what hour it would start ending and how long it will take.  I need to make sure I clear my appointment book for that time.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

If it ends, it will be of our own doing because people believe it too much...can you say Self Fulfilling Prophecy!
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6520|USA

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard