dimascurtu
+5|5917
I'm working on my university double major in sociology and criminal justice. Is there any advantage of going into the military with a bachelors degree as opposed to just a high school diploma? What options are there?

P.S I live in Canada, so.. this question is pertinent to the Canadian Armed Forces

Thanks
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

With a double university major I would have thought one of the last places you would go would be the military.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
dimascurtu
+5|5917
im just trying to get some information together to make an informed decision.. and i really dont trust the government web sites
Docjones
+7|5990|Connecticut
you can be a officer if you have a degree.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC
If the Canadian Forces are anything like the US Armed Forces, then a college degree makes you eligible for becoming an officer. I know in the US Army, if you've graduated with a degree you can join the Army with OCS (Officer Candidate School) in your contract. You go to boot camp, then you go to advanced training, then you go to OCS. If you pass, you are made an officer.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland
Canada has a Military?
dimascurtu
+5|5917

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Canada has a Military?
... i knew that was coming, eventually.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6573|Mountains of NC

does your college have a ROTC program
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6649

dimascurtu wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Canada has a Military?
what, a military?
dimascurtu
+5|5917

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

dimascurtu wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Canada has a Military?
what, a military?
no no, the insults to the canadian military haha
FallenMorgan
+53|5919|Glendale, CA
https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/megamonster200100/canadian_army.jpg
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6483|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Check into becoming an Officer.  If it's anything like 'Merrcuh, you should be eligible.  Talk to a recruiter.
The#1Spot
+105|6545|byah

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

dimascurtu wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Canada has a Military?
what, a military?
In all seriousness what does the Canadian military defend exactly.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6649
canada has troops in afghanistan
Commie Killer
+192|6392
Yeah, everyone makes fun of Canada and France, while, I am one guilty of that, Canada has been kicking ass for awhile now, and France well.....their French Foreign Legion kicks ass, bout it though.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC
My grandfather and great grandfather both served in the Canadian military.
dimascurtu
+5|5917
this may be nationalism speaking but, ive heard somewhere that canada has some of the best pilots in the world... all 4 of them.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6649

Commie Killer wrote:

French Foreign Legion
not really.  I mean, you could say Saddams republican guard kicked ass too.  FFL isnt that great.
FallenMorgan
+53|5919|Glendale, CA
All the people supporting the Canadian military can't seem to take a joke.  Everybody picks on France and Canada for a bunch of reasons.  Not all of these stereotypes may be real, but they're funny still.  Just because I might tell a black joke, that doesn't make me racist, it just means I think those stereotypes are funny in a joking manner.
ReTox
+100|6504|State of RETOXification
If you have a degree look at becoming an officer.  Otherwise you'll write the competency tests to see what branches you qualify for.  Chances are you're a smart guy and you'll qualify for all branches.  Then you can pick what you want, providing they're open.

I'd recommend you ask the recruiter what branches currently offer the fastest promotion track.  Some fields (infantry) are quite slow.  My friend was a M.Cpl for 5 years and he was an exceptional soldier but because of the log jam up from him there were no promotions.
Commie Killer
+192|6392

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

French Foreign Legion
not really.  I mean, you could say Saddams republican guard kicked ass too.  FFL isnt that great.
It was a joke, though in seriousness, they are rather better trained and more hard ass then the majority of the French Army.
Commie Killer
+192|6392

FallenMorgan wrote:

All the people supporting the Canadian military can't seem to take a joke.  Everybody picks on France and Canada for a bunch of reasons.  Not all of these stereotypes may be real, but they're funny still.  Just because I might tell a black joke, that doesn't make me racist, it just means I think those stereotypes are funny in a joking manner.
Wait who was bitching about the everyone poking fun?
dimascurtu
+5|5917
i thought that picture was really funny...
MECtallica
+73|6509|jalalabad
French Foreign Legion

so what, you SPECIALIZE in white flag warfare?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard