polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6812|Singapore

I'm glad something like this was posted, and I'm glad you're still around kilroy. Many a time i've been exasperated to no end by some of the inane comments made.

Yes, this is a fine idea for game balance. To some of the detractors: you can't use the planes/tanks anymore, but you still can sabotage. Isn't this the main idea? Isn't it more balanced in the sense that you have to take over the area before hijacking their vehicles?

Do you like it when I pound you from air with my MEC chopper while my mates sneak in to take your AH-17? Every time I did that I remembered a lot of bitching going on.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6772|Mark it zero.

kilroy0097 wrote:

If you are still serious about infiltrating an enemy area and taking a vehicle this can still happen. You just have to be more sneaky and more deadly when doing it.
its kinda hard to sneak past a scanner... and if you blow it up then they know you are there. so it doesnt matter how sneaky you try to be if their commander can see that red dot.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6866|Bryan/College Station, TX

Kamikaze17 wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

If you are still serious about infiltrating an enemy area and taking a vehicle this can still happen. You just have to be more sneaky and more deadly when doing it.
its kinda hard to sneak past a scanner... and if you blow it up then they know you are there. so it doesnt matter how sneaky you try to be if their commander can see that red dot.
Then perhaps a bit of teamwork? How about being airlifted via helicopter to a drop off point nearby? Or parachute down onto the scanner first and take it out and then go sneaking about. Or come screaming in with a FAV around the edge. I mean there are ways to do this via teamwork that would be easier than alone. I know I've snuck into bases before. Spec ops do it all the time on the uncap bases. This shouldn't be any different.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Deuceman
+1|6720
Sorry but this is a stupid idea.  Should we lock the Artillery until the commander uses it?  That way no Spec Ops can run up and blow it before the commander can use artillery like on Karkand. 

If you can't hold your vehicles than you deserve to lose.  Hey I know let's not take our tank, good call on that one.

I was on a server where the MEC stole the F-15 on Operation Clean Sweep.  My team called them pussies and were pissed at them for bombing our uncap.  Well Dammit next time don't let them just walk in and steal the jet like those dipshits were.  They left the airfield alone so that the MEC could steal all our airpower. 

If you are stupid, then you deserve the loss.  I vote no for this idea.  Taking the enemy tank or APC denies the enemy of a strength.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6866|Bryan/College Station, TX

Deuceman wrote:

Sorry but this is a stupid idea.  Should we lock the Artillery until the commander uses it?  That way no Spec Ops can run up and blow it before the commander can use artillery like on Karkand. 

If you can't hold your vehicles than you deserve to lose.  Hey I know let's not take our tank, good call on that one.

I was on a server where the MEC stole the F-15 on Operation Clean Sweep.  My team called them pussies and were pissed at them for bombing our uncap.  Well Dammit next time don't let them just walk in and steal the jet like those dipshits were.  They left the airfield alone so that the MEC could steal all our airpower. 

If you are stupid, then you deserve the loss.  I vote no for this idea.  Taking the enemy tank or APC denies the enemy of a strength.
On your first point. This is to prevent stealing not blowing things up. Kind of silly to lock Commander assets.

On your second point I clarified that this is most problematic on aircraft and helicopters. If you want to do tanks and apcs also that is worth a shot to see how it works.

As for being stupid letting them steal your stuff. It's not too much an issue while the game is well underway. However in those first minutes all it takes is one person with a super fast connect. Run to their aircraft, fly over to the enemy base, bail and steal the enemy jet. Yours will respawn so no problem. Suddenly your team has more than their fair share and it had nothing to do with team skill. It had everything to do with a Thief and a Fast PC at home.

Simply to keep the balance on a map deny the enemy to steal your aircraft and helicopters. This alone would make the maps much more balanced. Esspecially maps like Dalin Oilfield and Plant. Both are notorious for enemy units stealing aircraft and helicopters.

This does not take away from the game. It does not give either side ANY advantage no matter what you do. You can blow up assets and planes and helicopters. You can still wait for them to be entered and then snipe them out of the aircraft. Wow suddenly thieves have a reason to unlock the M95.

I think it would only improve the game. Think outside the box.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6766|Malaga, EspaƱa
well, i think its better to put the system in that Call Of Duty uses

so HELO, JETS, ARMOR, the big vehicules(not Humvees and buggies). that if ur going to the vehicule of the oppesite team, you enter it but it will show up a loading bar with the message ''Hijacking'' u hear the engine starting and failing like ur hotwiring it...so if there is an enemy around and he hears that sound he know what to do...Blowing up the vehicule.

let me say it takes the hijacker 20 second to hijack an enemy vehicule.
and there will be a message  ''Player bla bla bla Hijacked an enemy vehicule'' and to make it even better u get points for it! :p  and ofcourse if ur a Engineer it takes less time to hijack (- 50% so around the 10 seconds) i think that will be fair for both parties.

Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6735|Hong Kong, China

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Comon guys in real life it would be near impossible for a regular soldier to hot wire a plane... They shouldnt be able to just nab planes in none capturable bases.
but also they dont just give out keys to every marine on the field
As if an airplane needs keys...
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6772|Mark it zero.

Aquastorm wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Comon guys in real life it would be near impossible for a regular soldier to hot wire a plane... They shouldnt be able to just nab planes in none capturable bases.
but also they dont just give out keys to every marine on the field
As if an airplane needs keys...
well i dont know if planes use those or not, im talking about all vehicles out there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard