cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6715|NJ
How come, with the job situation and our econimy not doing to well. Fines and taxes keep going up? We need people to be able to spend money but when a parking ticket is 5 hours worth of work for someone it hurts the pocket..

Our system is flawed and if it doesn't get fixed we're going to end up like the likes of the U.S.S.R..
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England
I dunno. Until you're struggling to put food on your plate, things will be pretty rosy. So what if you can't buy an Xbox or that Mustang you've always wanted...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command
The government has become a criminal institution.
Petty thugs and money collectors.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6715|NJ
And then they sit there saying.. "Oh I don't know what went wrong".. Well maybe the 10 new chargers that you bought for the police force of 4 might have something to do with why you can't fix the road..

All the signs are here that something very bad is going to happen. A huge portion of our people are getting Locked up, we're getting bleed dry. The housing market is slumping which is leaving people in bad situations..
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6466|Chicago, IL
The problem with the American economy is the fact that, as a nation, we produce next to nothing.  We are a culture of consumers, who work office jobs doing absolutely nothing, and use the salary to purchase overseas goods.  A nation of 300 million people and incredible natural resources should be an industrial powerhouse, not 300 million paper pushers...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6401|the land of bourbon

S.Lythberg wrote:

The problem with the American economy is the fact that, as a nation, we produce next to nothing.  We are a culture of consumers, who work office jobs doing absolutely nothing, and use the salary to purchase overseas goods.  A nation of 300 million people and incredible natural resources should be an industrial powerhouse, not 300 million paper pushers...
we produce and sell lots of weapons $$
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
says who?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

S.Lythberg wrote:

you really think most of the american labor force works in an office?

well, most americans dont.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

says who?
Shirly, you jest.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

S.Lythberg is absolutly right. We have become a nation of consumers. When China gains enough wealth they will become their own consumers. They wont need preferred trading status anymore (with a consumer base of over 1 billion).

Confidence is actually a little better.

I still lol @: Approval ratings for Bush climbed to 34 percent from 31 percent last month, and positive ratings for Congress inched up from 14 percent to a still-low 17 percent. God we hate our leaders..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

ATG wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

says who?
Shirly, you jest.
as you write this post from a very comfortable place.  king of your manner.  chief of your business.  master of your domain.  people dont know what bad is. sorry, but I must not see all the bread lines.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

Kmarion wrote:

S.Lythberg is absolutly right.
most americans are not in air conditioned office jobs.  thats not accurate.
jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Maybe most bf2s Americans...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6598|Columbus, OH

jord wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I is US Amerikan,BF2zer haz cushy desk/chair wit office wind00 view. nice A/C blowing while buying NewEgg.com cooking r1cer.
jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

loubot wrote:

jord wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I is US Amerikan,BF2zer haz cushy desk/chair wit office wind00 view. nice A/C blowing while buying NewEgg.com cooking r1cer.
I did my work experiance at an office job. With all of what you described minus Newegg. I died a little inside from boredom each day.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

In a way, it is accurate.  In other ways, it isn't.   We do consume more than we produce, but some of us are doing a lot more consuming than others.  The wealth disparity present in America makes it difficult to gauge the exact nature of the economy from the average person's perspective.

All that is certain is that underemployment is going up, which is a factor often obscured by unemployment figures.  People that are part time employed are still considered employed overall, but when you consider how many of us are currently unable to find full time work, the unemployment rate is very limited in its worth as a measure of economic growth.

What we need is a more accurate way to measure underemployment, but that's far more complicated than measuring unemployment.  Also, the unemployment rate only counts people that are actively looking for work, so there are always more people unemployed than the unemployment rate actually calculates.

A much better measure of economic growth is the real annual income of individuals.  When accounting for inflation, this figure has fallen during this decade.  Our standard of living is slowly falling, even though our GDP per capita has been rising.  This paradox is a result of how the rich are getting so much richer than the rest of us that it brings up the national GDP enough to mathematically raise the GDP per capita.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6466|Chicago, IL

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

you really think most of the american labor force works in an office?

well, most americans dont.
Or the service industry, but that is still not a global market
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6557|Long Island, New York
it's the muslims fault
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

He was right in terms of production. I saw that to be the fundamental idea behind his post... Not where we literally place our asses during the work week.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6786|UK
Maybe because Americans have been spending outside of their means, as a people and a country for the last 40 years. You made lots of money from WWII but you aint making it anymore and that is why the economy is slumping, debts are catching up with you.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6430|'Murka

ATG wrote:

The government has become a criminal institution.
Petty thugs and money collectors.
Fines and whatnot have been around since the beginning. If you're basing your position on that, it hasn't just "become a criminal institution."

Can't blame municipal fines on the Bush administration or the neocons.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

hmmmmm....

everyone I know still has a job, car, and a home.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina

usmarine wrote:

hmmmmm....

That's actually pretty impressive considering you live in Ohio -- a state that has lost more jobs than most to things like outsourcing.  Ohio's been hurt even more than my state when it comes to the current economic restructuring.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

hmmmmm....

That's actually pretty impressive considering you live in Ohio -- a state that has lost more jobs than most to things like outsourcing.  Ohio's been hurt even more than my state when it comes to the current economic restructuring.
Well maybe most of the people I know are in specialized industries.  I mean having a computer or business degree is a dime a dozen.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6466|Chicago, IL

Kmarion wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

He was right in terms of production. I saw that to be the fundamental idea behind his post... Not where we literally place our asses during the work week.
That was the idea, we as a nation don't produce much of anything anymore.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard