FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
First time since the current currency was brought in i understand.

http://money.uk.msn.com/consumer/galler … o-number=1

I like it tbh.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
Is that a silver pound coin? I like the coins but some look quite strange. A welcome change overall though
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Now if they'd just do that I'd be happy.

https://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4060/moneydh5.jpg
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
lol - it's the square in the circle that just sort of makes it look...weird! Although there will still be plenty of old coinage around for a looooong time.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6617|Birmingham, UK

kylef wrote:

lol - it's the square in the circle that just sort of makes it look...weird! Although there will still be plenty of old coinage around for a looooong time.
This coinage is... different.
But yes, kyle is right - our current coinage will be around for a long time to come yet.
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
2 pound coin?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
That's the reason we don't have £1 notes. Coins last something like 15 years before they are considered being removed; I have coins still usable and of standard form that are nearing 20 years old. Notes on the other hand usually become "unusable" in a lot less than 15 years

jord wrote:

2 pound coin?
There was a new design in 2007 / 2008 - celebrating 200 years.

https://www.royalmint.gov.uk/web/MultimediaFiles/2POUND07-2.GIF

Apparently, this is a £2 coin as well - although I have never seen any of these before:

https://www.royalmint.gov.uk/web/MultimediaFiles/2POUND07-1.GIF

It turns out that they actually change every year, or at least come out with new production designs. Check out this site to see them all. Some I recognize, some I don't.

Last edited by kylef (2008-04-02 07:38:55)

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6523|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
You should all get Euro's tbh.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Take that fucking harp off your coins.
jord

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye, cut my Dick off with some fingernail clippers and hang myself.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
You should.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

kylef wrote:

That's the reason we don't have £1 notes. Coins last something like 15 years before they are considered being removed; I have coins still usable and of standard form that are nearing 20 years old. Notes on the other hand usually become "unusable" in a lot less than 15 years

jord wrote:

2 pound coin?
There was a new design in 2007 / 2008 - celebrating 200 years.

http://www.royalmint.gov.uk/web/Multime … ND07-2.GIF

Apparently, this is a £2 coin as well - although I have never seen any of these before:

http://www.royalmint.gov.uk/web/Multime … ND07-1.GIF

It turns out that they actually change every year, or at least come out with new production designs. Check out this site to see them all. Some I recognize, some I don't.
I had a pound coin yesterday with the Newcastle Millenium Bridge on it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

Take that fucking harp off your coins.
Go on, Poe. What's the history behind all this then?

Also, silver one pound coins? WTF. They're not called nuggets for no reason. GTFO.

Why would we do that, when currently the exchange rate means that Pound > Euro

Mek wrote:

GTFO

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-04-02 08:38:04)

jord

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Because he doesn't like the fact that our currency is stronger. And retained just a shred of history by not jumping at the chance to bandwagon it.

Last edited by jord (2008-04-02 08:47:24)

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick

jord wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Because he doesn't like the fact that our currency is stronger. And retained just a shred of history by not jumping at the chance to bandwagon it.
It makes it alot easier, now when you go to France, you don't have to change currency from Guldens to Marks to get on the tollroads, same with Germany. When I went to London 3 years ago, I was wtf'ed at what I got back from changing a 50,00 Euro note for pounds.
jord

jord wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

It makes it alot easier, now when you go to France, you don't have to change currency from Guldens to Marks to get on the tollroads, same with Germany. When I went to London 3 years ago, I was wtf'ed at what I got back from changing a 50,00 Euro note for pounds.
I'd rather exchange currency everytime I go to Europe than convert to the Euro tbh.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

I'd rather exchange currency everytime I go to Europe than convert to the Euro tbh.
For when you go on vacation, it's no problem since you may go once or twice a year but other people go through whole Europe for work, example:
-truckdrivers
-product promoters
-students that study in foreign countries
jord

jord wrote:

For when you go on vacation, it's no problem since you may go once or twice a year but other people go through whole Europe for work, example:
-truckdrivers
-product promoters
Then they can exchange it like everyone else does...

You don't go to a tribe in the Amazon and expect them to deal in your currency because it's easier. No, you respect their culture.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
check out our new $5 bills.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Five_Bill_Obverse_2005_Series.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

check out our new $5 bills.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … Series.jpg
That's right, remove the green and include purple. Now your money looks gay, just like ours!
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

-truckdrivers
-product promoters

You don't go to a tribe in the Amazon and expect them to deal in your currency because it's easier. No, you respect their culture.
I don't see how currencie's connect with culture.
jord

jord wrote:

-truckdrivers
-product promoters

No you wouldn't.

Heritage might be a better word. Or being unique and keeping with traditions.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

No you wouldn't.

Then all country's should keep them. The plan was to get every EU country to use Euro's so the economy's would balance. Every country in the European Union has got the Euro and you are also part of the EU.
jord

jord wrote:

No you wouldn't.

Then all country's should keep them. The plan was to get every EU country to use Euro's so the economy's would balance. Every country in the European Union has got the Euro and you are also part of the EU.
Eu  Shmee-U.

And thanks for the karma GS.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
Use Euro's.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard