Poll

Where do your political leanings lie? (read OP before voting)

Liberal29%29% - 5
Conservative11%11% - 2
Moderate - generally moderate17%17% - 3
Moderate - mixed lib/con views17%17% - 3
Other23%23% - 4
Total: 17
BVC
+325|6693
This poll is about where you believe your political views lie.  Not other peoples interpretations of them, but your own.

Say, liberal would be an obvious prefernce for liberal policy, likewise for conservative.  Generally moderate would be a tendency to prefer a middle ground between the two, mixed lib/con would typify someone who has liberal views on some issues and conservative views on others.

Assume your answer is relative to your local/national situation.  ie. Someone whose views would be liberal in Antarctica, but conservative in the Arctic should still consider themselves liberal for the purposes of this poll.

Poll creator null vote.

Last edited by Pubic (2008-04-02 06:34:54)

TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6622|Birmingham, UK
Other - anarchic/liberal/conservative/whatever-is-the-best-at-the-time-(I'm-not-stupidly-dedicated-solely-to-one-viewpoint).
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
I'd be regarded as a centrist in Ireland. I vote for a party that has consistently decreased taxes as Ireland has prospered over the past decade. The party has maintained a budget surplus year after year without fail, has ploughed massive amounts of taxpayers money into improving out transport infrastructure and attracted massive amounts of foreign direct investment with their pro-business policies. It has achieved all this whilst using masses of taxpayers money on things that are vital to our social and economic well being and success such as universal healthcare, social welfare and free education all the way to university level. I do hold certain right wing views such as conservatism with respect to the preservation of the Irish language, culture, heritage and character and a desire to see the British presence on my land ended. I do hold certain left wing views such as a preference for the priviliged to bear the burden during periods of austerity, given the greater impact on the poor that periods of austerity bring.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6708|Sweden
Mixed i like some things left some right then i tend to dislike politicans no matter which camp they are sleeping at.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6516|USA
it's a shame you have to tell us to read the OP before voting
you heard it here first
mixed lib/con.  there are issues i feel strongly about on both sides.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
For some Americans I'd be a lefty, just because I support universal healthcare and social security, but for most of the world I'm a moderate liberal.  Last year I voted a right wing party here for Buenos Aires Mayor.  I voted the former president of Boca Jrs., the football team I despise the most in the world, for mayor.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-04-02 08:32:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard