AutralianChainsaw
+65|6205
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 … 09,00.html

General Merrill "Tony" McPeak, Senator Barack Obama's military advisor and co-chair of his presidential campaign is a longtime anti-Israeli critic who has slammed Israel harshly during his career, according to an inquiry by conservative American media outlets.

In an interview with The Oregonion about five years ago, McPeak argued that the influence exerted by American Jews is responsible for the lack of progress in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. According to the general the problem was New York and Miami.

"We have a large vote here in favor of Israel. And no politician wants to run against it," he said.

In the same interview, McPeak spoke of his personal experience with Israel.

"I've spent a lot of time in Israel, worked at one time very closely with the Israeli Air Force as a junior officer," he said, "but that's maybe the more cosmopolitan, liberal version of the Israeli population."

McPeak also charged that Jews and Christian Zionists manipulated American foreign policy in Iraq.

"Let's say that one of your abiding concerns is the security of Israel as opposed to a purely American self-interest, then it would make sense to build a dozen or so bases in Iraq," he said.

First the pastor, now this..  Obama is surrounded by anti-israel adviser.. Does that make him anti-israel?  Will he be the first President of the USA able to resist the huge pressure of the pro israelis lobby in Washington?

hey gunslinger, since you think that Ron Paul was a nazi because he was supported by david duke and other white supremacist, do you believe that since Obama is surrounded by anti Israel people, he is really anti Israel? And can you still support him knowing that he is anti israel?

Yes we can.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
I wouldn't say he's anti-Israel, seeing as he's worked worked in Israel and even with the IAF. I'd say that's the media once again blowing things out of proportion, calling him a Nazi/Anti-Semetic eg..

According to that small article you copy/pasted, he seems to be speaking the truth. The US needs to not be so influenced by the Jews if it ever wants to see Peace in that area. That doesn't mean that he hates all Jews/is a Nazi
IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California
5 years ago...he said, she said.  Judge unfairly now because I'm sure Obama fully supports what his adviser said 5 years ago...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3523709,00.html

General Merrill "Tony" McPeak, Senator Barack Obama's military advisor and co-chair of his presidential campaign is a longtime anti-Israeli critic who has slammed Israel harshly during his career, according to an inquiry by conservative American media outlets.

In an interview with The Oregonion about five years ago, McPeak argued that the influence exerted by American Jews is responsible for the lack of progress in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. According to the general the problem was New York and Miami.

"We have a large vote here in favor of Israel. And no politician wants to run against it," he said.

In the same interview, McPeak spoke of his personal experience with Israel.

"I've spent a lot of time in Israel, worked at one time very closely with the Israeli Air Force as a junior officer," he said, "but that's maybe the more cosmopolitan, liberal version of the Israeli population."

McPeak also charged that Jews and Christian Zionists manipulated American foreign policy in Iraq.

"Let's say that one of your abiding concerns is the security of Israel as opposed to a purely American self-interest, then it would make sense to build a dozen or so bases in Iraq," he said.

First the pastor, now this..  Obama is surrounded by anti-israel adviser.. Does that make him anti-israel?  Will he be the first President of the USA able to resist the huge pressure of the pro israelis lobby in Washington?

hey gunslinger, since you think that Ron Paul was a nazi because he was supported by david duke and other white supremacist, do you believe that since Obama is surrounded by anti Israel people, he is really anti Israel? And can you still support him knowing that he is anti israel?

Yes we can.
Why is it such a cardinal sin in America to criticize Israeli actions? The Israelis have done many questionable things over the years and the Jewish lobby's influence in the US is well documented, is it not right to question one lobby's level of influence? How would you all feel if the Arab lobby ascended to a position of such prominence? You'd be screaming from the rooftops I expect.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
ask me if i give a shit about israel.  ask me.
IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California
Hey, do you give a shit about Israel?

Me neither.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
https://www.africawithin.com/mmm/march.jpg
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
no, I sure dont.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

Well, to a certain extent he is right.  I wouldn't blame the actual population so much as the organizations such as AIPAC that promote their agenda, both through media pressure and lobbying of politicians.

The population he speaks of as "cosmopolitan and liberal minded" is a large chunk of the population of Israel, not just an outcast group.  Look at the many organizations in place (both in the US and Israel) that are trying to foment peace between Palestinians and Jews.  It is the hard-liners in both the US and Israel that are hindering the peace process.

Israel is an ally in the region.  Of course we are acting for the self-interest of the US and Israel - we want regional stability along with our economic interests.  It may not make it right, but he (McPeak) certainly isn't saying anything not completely obvious.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The population he speaks of as "cosmopolitan and liberal minded" is a large chunk of the population of Israel, not just an outcast group.  Look at the many organizations in place (both in the US and Israel) that are trying to foment peace between Palestinians and Jews.  It is the hard-liners in both the US and Israel that are hindering the peace process.

Israel is an ally in the region.  Of course we are acting for the self-interest of the US and Israel - we want regional stability along with our economic interests.  It may not make it right, but he (McPeak) certainly isn't saying anything not completely obvious.
Ken, Israel brings America little or no strategic benefit and actually costs the US billions of dollars. Overfunding one nation and underfunding others right next to it creates a perilous imbalance in living standards regionally which will only end in tears. By mollycoddling Israel they're actually driving nails into its coffin as far as I can see.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6205
from the same article:

"By choosing to have a military advisor and national campaign co-chairman like General McPeak, serious questions and doubts are once again being raised about Senator Obama's positions and judgment on Middle East issues," said RJC Executive Director Matt Brooks.

"Senator Obama continues to surround himself with advisors holding troubling and disturbing anti-Israel bias," Brooks said. "We call on Senator Obama to immediately remove General McPeak from his campaign leadership role and as a key advisor."

Obama should obey this order from the Republican Jewish Coallition ASAP or he will never be president.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

I agree with General Tony.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6190|Ireland
The Nazis knew it was all the Jews fault years before you liberals did.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

Lotta_Drool wrote:

YOU'RE ALL LIBERALS! WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6190|Ireland

Poseidon wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Obama is a ________?  Liberal/Conservative

Obama supporters are _________? Liberal/Conservative

Obama's staff/advisors are ____________?  Liberal/Conservative

Please fill in the blanks, I will grade it later.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6529

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Obama should obey this order from the Republican Jewish Coallition ASAP or he will never be president.
Why?

His campaign is in no way dependent on the Republican Jewish vote. Hell, its not even dependent on the republican vote.
And who the hell is the RJC and how the hell are they even relevant in....anything? Honestly, how many jewish lobbies do we need?

Just because one of his advisers has an opinion on Israel doesn't mean he's going to throw them to the wolves.

And, honestly, we need to fix our own country before we start sweating over whether Israel thinks we're their bff, ffs. Priorities.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
It's a shame that speaking the truth is a political liability in a country that prides itself on freedom of speech.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

from the same article:

"By choosing to have a military advisor and national campaign co-chairman like General McPeak, serious questions and doubts are once again being raised about Senator Obama's positions and judgment on Middle East issues," said RJC Executive Director Matt Brooks.

"Senator Obama continues to surround himself with advisors holding troubling and disturbing anti-Israel bias," Brooks said. "We call on Senator Obama to immediately remove General McPeak from his campaign leadership role and as a key advisor."

Yes that is obviously the OPINION of the author. I'm sure Yitzhak Benhorin would love to see the United States continue the unchallenged and open-ended financial, military, and diplomatic support for Israel. He is suggesting that looking at the situation from a different angle is Anti-Israel . Well guess what? Fuck you Yitzhak Benhorin, your Un-American. (See, it's easy to through out labels.) Don't ever let anyone scare you into not asking questions.

...  the Republican Jewish Coalition called on Obama to remove McPeak as his military advisor and national campaign co-chairman.
Gee a real shocker.

Thank you, I'm nominating this for the official face palm article of the day.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Obama is a ________?  Liberal/Conservative

Obama supporters are _________? Liberal/Conservative

Obama's staff/advisors are ____________?  Liberal/Conservative

Please fill in the blanks, I will grade it later.
"You liberals"

Inferring us.

And I certainly am not a liberal. It's the typical bullshit you conservative nutjobs like to spew when you're losing an argument, regardless of knowing their political alliance or not.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6205

Protecus wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Why?

His campaign is in no way dependent on the Republican Jewish vote. Hell, its not even dependent on the republican vote.
And who the hell is the RJC and how the hell are they even relevant in....anything? Honestly, how many jewish lobbies do we need?

Just because one of his advisers has an opinion on Israel doesn't mean he's going to throw them to the wolves.

And, honestly, we need to fix our own country before we start sweating over whether Israel thinks we're their bff, ffs. Priorities.
Don't underestimate the power of the jewish vote.. republican or democrat.. you want them on your side. If he doesnt fire this guy, expect a lot of negative press on TV and in the papers against Obama this summer.. and we all know that image is very important to the american voters.. and if the media start to bash him daily.. it doesnt look good.

This guy is to Obama what wolfowitz and rumsfeld were to Georges W Bush.  If he chose him as his military adviser, its probably because he agree with most of his opinions about foreign policy.

Sadly, i have the feeling that McCain will be the next president if Obama doesnt do something to have the jewish vote on his side.

I really start to like that obama guy.. after Ron Paul of course.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Protecus wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Why?

Don't underestimate the power of the jewish vote.. republican or democrat.. you want them on your side. If he doesnt fire this guy, expect a lot of negative press on TV and in the papers against Obama this summer.. and we all know that image is very important to the american voters.. and if the media start to bash him daily.. it doesnt look good.

This guy is to Obama what wolfowitz and rumsfeld were to Georges W Bush.  If he chose him as his military adviser, its probably because he agree with most of his opinions about foreign policy.

Sadly, i have the feeling that McCain will be the next president if Obama doesnt do something to have the jewish vote on his side.

I really start to like that obama guy.. after Ron Paul of course.
If he keeps him we could use this as an experiment to see if the Jews really run America!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

lol@Braddock

Obama looked really worried about this today. This is how he addressed his latest attack.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6412|North Carolina

Braddock wrote:

Why is it such a cardinal sin in America to criticize Israeli actions? The Israelis have done many questionable things over the years and the Jewish lobby's influence in the US is well documented, is it not right to question one lobby's level of influence? How would you all feel if the Arab lobby ascended to a position of such prominence? You'd be screaming from the rooftops I expect.
...because people can't handle the truth.  The shit that Wright said is just stupid, but what McPeak is saying is true.

Zionists really do have too much power in America, but it's not just Jewish Zionists, it's actually mostly Christian Zionists that have the power in the AIPAC/military industrial complex connection.

Granted, CAIR is no better.  CAIR just doesn't have the same power level that AIPAC has.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire

Kmarion wrote:

lol@Braddock

Obama looked really worried about this today. This is how he addressed his latest attack.
Size 12!? F*ckin hell.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lol@Braddock

Size 12!? F*ckin hell.
I'm pretty sure the sizes are different in the states.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard