david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6746|Comber, Northern Ireland
i have the flu at the moment, its pretty bad, high fever, sore throat, chest hurts from coughing, cant sleep, body hurts all over, feel constantly drunk, etc...

well i have tried everything, from tesco finest paracetemol, lemsip max (would not advise drinking more than 2 in 4 hours)

what do u reccommend?
mikkel
+383|6609
Eat all the pills you can find. One of them is bound to cure what ails you.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6502|Sydney, Australia
Drink lots of water, rest plentifully, perhaps increase your vitamin C intake. You should just let your immune response overcome it, although you can help the process along by boosting your immune system by eating garlic. Paracetamol won't cure the flu, it just eases pain. It's good for helping you function as you let your body fight the flu.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6396|New York

mikkel wrote:

Eat all the pills you can find. One of them is bound to cure what ails you.
And don't worry about OD'ing, it's a myth.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6401|The Gem Saloon
NyQuil.

big N, little Y.......HUGE FUCKING Q!!!!!!!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
Hot whiskey or hot port.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
Tobasco enema.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England

ATG wrote:

Tobasco enema.
Waterboard me instead
velocitychaos
+26|6504|Brisbane Australia
Olive Leaf Extract (peppermint flavoured....Trust me on this).

It's not a miracle cure elixer but i know heaps of people who take it and SO totally swear by it as do i.

It will help reduce the symptoms rapidlly, may not taste great but  works for me and i've just gotten over a dose of the flu, in bed for 2 days straight.

Back to work on 3rd day.

Find it at most good health food shops.
avman633
+116|6372
I'm sick today too. Had a 104.5 degree fever (Fahrenheit), sore throat and sneezing.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC
You and avman both have H5N1.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

havent gotten sick in >3 years tbh
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
velocitychaos
+26|6504|Brisbane Australia

haffeysucks wrote:

havent gotten sick in >3 years tbh
Then it's your turn next......ACCHHHOOOOOOO!
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6663|UK
get really pissed, for some reson that always helps with me, dont know if its the alchol that kills the virus or not, ok i get a hang over but the colds gone, kind of a visious circle

DONT DO IT IF YOUR UNDERAGE THO
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Dr 27 prescribes:

Orange Juice (ok if you OD on it you will shit like mad)

Tablets

Tobacco and then Cider (get pissed and think "Fuck it, Its only Flu"

My dog died of flu.

It flu under a bus

Thank you I'm here all week.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England

1927 wrote:

My dog died of flu.

It flu under a bus
You are the fucking best

Mek-Izzle wrote:

1927 wrote:

My dog died of flu.

It flu under a bus
You are the fucking best
I had another dog called "Cigarette"; it had no legs:

I took it out for a drag everynight.
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.
My Dog died of flu too...

Yep... flu.

Last edited by jord (2008-03-28 08:32:02)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6692|West Yorkshire, U.K
inb4manflu
Ryan
+1,230|6850|Alberta, Canada

Sleep it off.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6746|Comber, Northern Ireland
smoking hurts too much, havent had one sinse monday and i usually smoke 20 or so a day! fuck cider, bucky works lol err what else did u say bout...
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6647|Your moms bedroom
dayquil for day nyquil for sleepy time

I got the bug this year, no puking or nothing, but i was out for at least 4 days

woke up and knew i was fucked. Cancelled ski trip, slept for 2 days, drank tons of fluid but still thirsty. Had a temp of 102.9F started taking the quils and was back and moving in 2 more days

I had never felt this shitty in 27 years so ya it sucked

Last edited by Locoloki (2008-03-28 10:26:14)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478
Sorry to hear you're under the weather!

I've just recovered from a week-long bout of the flu / cold (or the 'manflu' for all you feminist cliché propagators).

No real cure, as I'm sure you're more than aware, my best advice is to take loads of a 'good brand' of pill (none will have significant effects, so don't constantly switch your medicinal regime because you're not seeing results), drink lots of orange juice and the like for the vitamins, and also make sure you're getting enough of your recommended daily allowances of food and water. As the old saying goes "You've got to feed a cold!". Being healthy and topped up on all your diet-musts will help you get back on your feet as soon as possible.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6647|Your moms bedroom

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

get really pissed, for some reson that always helps with me, dont know if its the alchol that kills the virus or not, ok i get a hang over but the colds gone, kind of a visious circle

This is really bad advice. Drinking alcohol actually lowers your immune system making you more susceptible to getting sick. Plus your body is fighting to get the alcohol flushed from your sytem, and it doesnt need the extra strain from that and fighting the virus/bug. Maybe a shot or so to help you sleep, but other than that, i wouldnt ever recommend this to anyone

Locoloki wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

This is really bad advice. Drinking alcohol actually lowers your immune system making you more susceptible to getting sick. Plus your body is fighting to get the alcohol flushed from your sytem, and it doesnt need the extra strain from that and fighting the virus/bug. Maybe a shot or so to help you sleep, but other than that, i wouldnt ever recommend this to anyone
Spoilsport

Without getting into a medical thing here it will make you feel menatly better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard