heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
Drives me up the wall sometimes. I have one gripe with it, that they manage to have different levels for the same range. For example, reading one review will give you an 8.8, which is 'Impressive' for one game, but another game can be 'Great' at 8.8.

Does anyone have any idea why they're so inconsistent with their reviewing system, or provide some insight as to how they do it?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
I don't even bother with review sites/magazines anymore. I can't stand them. When you realise that they like games like Halo and Final Fantasy, and I find them to be total pieces of shit. You know that their minds work differently, so their opinion is no use to you. My taste in games is usually different, so I don't bother anymore
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

I've only ever read the reviews in PC Powerplay, and only once have they steered me wrong: The Witcher.

I played The Witcher before Yahtzee reviewed it, and my conclusion was pretty much exactly the same.
_raab
+28|6235|Western Aust.
The only review system I go with is through my mates. And when that fails, I usually look at metascore. If I still can't make up my mind, I'll read up about it on wiki and look at screens and judge it by that (then maybe test it out and go from there).
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6405|Alberta, Canada
I went by PCGamer's reviews until they let the stupid intern Norman review a game. When he was reviewing CoD4, he said it didn't feel enough like MoH and that in SP, you were always with team-mates which "made it feel like babysitting".
What the fuck Norman?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

I went by PCGamer's reviews until they let the stupid intern Norman review a game. When he was reviewing CoD4, he said it didn't feel enough like MoH and that in SP, you were always with team-mates which "made it feel like babysitting".
What the fuck Norman?
He gave CoD4 a 90, wtf are you talking about?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise
I have never used review sites.  I usually look at forums or other sources. 

Recently, like most everyone it seems, I taken a liking to Yahtzee's reviews.  Not just because his reviews are witty and amusing, but because we actually have a similar taste in games.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6338|Oregon
I generally go by metacritic, and then from there, I read a couple high and low reviews to get a feel for what people did and did not like, whether anyone's assessment was biased, and whether or not the overall score seems more influenced by the single- or multi-player experience.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard