BVC
+325|6717
I've got it.

Right next to the wahabist mosque there is...westboro baptist church!  (And across the street theres a gay bar)
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I wonder how the religion of peace would deal with this in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afganistan, Syria, Iraq, or any of the other Major Muslim countries.

Being that it is such a tolerant peaceful religion I would think that they would embrace the diversity and through love win over the gay communtiy and acknowledge their human rights.  Maybe they would offer a special surmon for them and welcome them into their Mosque.

Please discuss.
Name one religion that's known for it's tolerance and fair treatment of the gay community.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6665
the gay one
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the gay one
Scientology? Their most famous exponent is as gay as a Christmas tree.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6665
scientology is known to be very anti gay actually

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-27 15:11:08)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6427|North Carolina

Braddock wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the gay one
Scientology? Their most famous exponent is as gay as a Christmas tree.
...which would explain the anti-gayness.   Most secure straight people don't bother gay people.  They give them privacy and rights.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-03-27 15:13:08)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

scientology is known to be very anti gay actually
Ironic when you think of Tom Cruise. I always think of the scene in Family Guy where he's trying to run away from his gay thoughts in every film he makes.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I wonder how the religion of peace would deal with this in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afganistan, Syria, Iraq, or any of the other Major Muslim countries.

Being that it is such a tolerant peaceful religion I would think that they would embrace the diversity and through love win over the gay communtiy and acknowledge their human rights.  Maybe they would offer a special surmon for them and welcome them into their Mosque.

Please discuss.
Name one religion that's known for it's tolerance and fair treatment of the gay community.
Name one religion that is known for hanging minors in public executions for being gay.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Please discuss.
Name one religion that is known for hanging minors in public executions for being gay.
I asked you first!

All religions are pretty stupid when you boil them down. I'm not one to defend any religion, what I disagree with is judging an entire race or culture on the actions of it's more extreme adherents.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland
Well don't boil them and sorry you can't answer my question.  The answer to yours is Jews and Christians.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6788|Cambridge (UK)

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well don't boil them and sorry you can't answer my question.  The answer to yours is Jews and Christians.
But that is exactly what you're doing with Islam. Boiling the whole religion down to "hate and intolerance".

The whole point is that nothing is ever that black and white.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6667
they would blow it up....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Okay Jews maybe, I don't know as many Jews as Christians... but Christianity tolerant of homosexuality? Only in the sense of covering up paedophiles.

The Christian faith doesn't recognise the right for homosexuals to marry (does Judasim for that matter? I don't know) and regards homosexuality as unnatural and immoral... a very tolerant attitude.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Okay Jews maybe, I don't know as many Jews as Christians... but Christianity tolerant of homosexuality? Only in the sense of covering up paedophiles.

The Christian faith doesn't recognise the right for homosexuals to marry (does Judasim for that matter? I don't know) and regards homosexuality as unnatural and immoral... a very tolerant attitude.
NO, there is a difference between executing a person for being gay and viewing it as sinful behavior that is a choice.  Gays are welcome in all christain churches that I know of, just like any other sinner.  According to christ we all are sinners and can only be saved through christ.  I have found christians to be very tolerant of most any individual, but don't confuse that with being tolerant of sinful actions. 

The difference is that a christian would try to help you change by preaching to you, and I am sure the Majority of Muslims would too, but that doesn't excuse that there a whole NATIONS that will kill you because it is a crime against ISLAM. 

I will consider Islam tolerant and peaceful when I see Muslims fix these injustices in the name of their God and beliefs.  Until then I will judge them as I do.  Likewise when the Vatican decides to start killing people for crimes against God and it is tolerated and not stopped by Christians, I will then deem Christianity as intolerant and violent.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6752|Uhh... erm...
The problem with Islam today is that they take the Quran too literally. When anything is taken too literally, the result isn't good.

By the way, not once in this entire thread has Malaysia been mentioned.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

NO, there is a difference between executing a person for being gay and viewing it as sinful behavior that is a choice.  Gays are welcome in all christain churches that I know of, just like any other sinner.  According to christ we all are sinners and can only be saved through christ.  I have found christians to be very tolerant of most any individual, but don't confuse that with being tolerant of sinful actions. 

The difference is that a christian would try to help you change by preaching to you, and I am sure the Majority of Muslims would too, but that doesn't excuse that there a whole NATIONS that will kill you because it is a crime against ISLAM. 

I will consider Islam tolerant and peaceful when I see Muslims fix these injustices in the name of their God and beliefs.  Until then I will judge them as I do.  Likewise when the Vatican decides to start killing people for crimes against God and it is tolerated and not stopped by Christians, I will then deem Christianity as intolerant and violent.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What HE said..
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well they are both intolerant of homosexuality in my opinion... obviously some of the Muslim states are much more extreme in their level of intolerance but don't try and pretend that the Christian faith is tolerant of homosexuality because it isn't, it just doesn't go out trying to lynch practicing homosexuals as much as they do in countries like Saudi Arabia. Look at Ian Paisley, a Free Presbyterian Christian, as an example; he led a famous campaign a number of years back to try and get sodomites out of Northern Ireland... tolerance?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command

lowing wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What HE said..
But, did what he say above get him banned, or was it something else?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6170|'straya
i think the reaction (to OP) would be very similar if you built one next to a catholic church... irrelevant argument if you ask me... because almost ALL major religions or sects do not approve of homosexuals... the bible said they should be killed... so there you have it. according to the bible christians are meant to kill gays... yet u dont see them killing gays... islam is the same... it may say anti-homosexual things in their teachings but tell me... do you see muslims running around decapitating people for being gay?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6572|CH/BR - in UK

This entire thread is fucking futile. Lotta_Drool is simply trying to prove a point that he has already made up and will not waver, no matter how much counter-evidence or how many counter-arguments are provided. Why don't you just stick a fucking sign in the ground saying "This is my opinion, and I will call you an idiot until you agree with me"?

It's called Debate and Serious Talk for a reason. There is very little serious talk in here, so I'd go with the former - but sticking to your own opinion and portraying anyone who disagrees as an idiot without giving a real argument is not debate.

-konfusion
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6590|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland

konfusion wrote:

This entire thread is fucking futile. Lotta_Drool is simply trying to prove a point that he has already made up and will not waver, no matter how much counter-evidence or how many counter-arguments are provided. Why don't you just stick a fucking sign in the ground saying "This is my opinion, and I will call you an idiot until you agree with me"?

It's called Debate and Serious Talk for a reason. There is very little serious talk in here, so I'd go with the former - but sticking to your own opinion and portraying anyone who disagrees as an idiot without giving a real argument is not debate.

-konfusion
I feel I proved my point quite well.  Equating Islam as being the same as the other major religions when it comes to tolerance and nonviolence is utterly stupid.  Look back and read the posts.

I know it sucks to be wrong so I can understand why you would rather attack me than debate with me.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6572|CH/BR - in UK

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I feel I proved my point quite well.  Equating Islam as being the same as the other major religions when it comes to tolerance and nonviolence is utterly stupid.  Look back and read the posts.

I know it sucks to be wrong so I can understand why you would rather attack me than debate with me.
I feel that a lot of what you said is pure bullshit. I have not attacked you one single time - even the above is just stating that you aren't looking for a debate, but simple agreement.

Every argument that is good that is made against you, you ignore, and others you take out of context to sound like they're stupid or invalid. You have not proven your point at all - you have yet to convince many of us of your thoughts.

Debate with you is futile, as I said before, because you won't look at arguments that go against what you say. You are simply being stubborn and selective in what you choose to acknowledge. I have answered to this thread, but most of my answer was simply overlooked - maybe because it goes against what you think.

I refuse to sink to your level and debate with myself. To be frank, I'm sick of your threads, Lotta_Drool. They all end this way.

If you want to debate with yourself, do it in front of the mirror.

-konfusion
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6468|Chicago, IL

Lotta_Drool wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion

Christian:
https://a.abcnews.com/images/US/wpn_kkk_070501_ms.jpg

Hinduism:
Attacks against Christians throughout the country have increased significantly since the BJP began its rule at the center in March 1998. They include the killings of priests, the raping of nuns, and the physical destruction of Christian institutions, schools, churches, colleges, and cemeteries. Thousands of Christians have also been forced to convert to Hinduism. The report concludes that as with attacks against Muslims in 1992 and 1993, attacks against Christians are part of a concerted campaign of right-wing Hindu organizations, collectively called the sangh parivar, to promote and exploit communal clashes to increase their political power-base. The movement is supported at the local level by militant groups who operate with impunity.
full article

Buddhism
https://timesonline.typepad.com/faith/images/2007/09/27/26_09_2007_130903_afp_news_myanmarp.jpg

need i continue?

All religions can and often are used to incite violence.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland

S.Lythberg wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion

Christian:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/wpn_kkk_070501_ms.jpg

Hinduism:
Attacks against Christians throughout the country have increased significantly since the BJP began its rule at the center in March 1998. They include the killings of priests, the raping of nuns, and the physical destruction of Christian institutions, schools, churches, colleges, and cemeteries. Thousands of Christians have also been forced to convert to Hinduism. The report concludes that as with attacks against Muslims in 1992 and 1993, attacks against Christians are part of a concerted campaign of right-wing Hindu organizations, collectively called the sangh parivar, to promote and exploit communal clashes to increase their political power-base. The movement is supported at the local level by militant groups who operate with impunity.
full article

Buddhism
http://timesonline.typepad.com/faith/im … anmarp.jpg

need i continue?

All religions can and often are used to incite violence.
Please Continue, and explain to me why I am only picking on Islam?  Why on earth would I ONLY have a problem with Islam? 

Please take a guess and be honest.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard