sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6777|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

I don't think a gay bar would be built by a mosque or a church.  Usually when people want to celebrate their immorality they try to stay away from a mosque/church.
I agree that a gay bar next to a Temple, Mosque or Church would be inadequate, but you can't say gays celebrate their immorality.  They don't choose to be gay, they just are gay.  Who wants to be pointed as different or weird by the whole society?  Nobody does.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker
Same would apply to a swingers bar or tranny bar or whatever other bar that's geared towards a specific sexual preference.  The point is people do not like to be near religious institutions when doing things that are generally considered immoral by such institutions.  They would rather be in an environment that is accepting of their choices.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
Well, I posed a pretty simple question and I can see the people who can not confront reality.  I like how it all comes back to christans are intolerant and in America nothing would happen. 

But would anyone like to confront what would happen to YOU if you decided to open a gay bar near a Mosque in Saudi Arabia?  Any where in Mecca?  How about if you decided to openly wear a shirt with a cross on it or the star of David while touring Mecca? 

Last I knew EVERY muslim has to make a trip to Mecca.  Logically that would be the place most influenced by Muslims and therefore the most tolerant peaceful place on earth.  Where better to have a pig roast southern style Bar-b-que.  I am sure the local clerics wouldn't mind that.

I realize that many of you on here can never come to the realization that the religious police would pull you off the street in a minute.  Being gay is a crime in the birthplace of the most peaceful and tolerant religion.  Don't draw a picture of Mohamad there or get caught bearing a cross or star of David.  Fact is that if you are a woman and get raped you very well could be killed for your crime.  Please don't show cleavage because the locals can become unfriendly. 

OK, now you can go back to complaining about how fucked up America is and christians are while defending Islam.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland

Stingray24 wrote:

Same would apply to a swingers bar or tranny bar or whatever other bar that's geared towards a specific sexual preference.  The point is people do not like to be near religious institutions when doing things that are generally considered immoral by such institutions.  They would rather be in an environment that is accepting of their choices.
I would suggest that some Catholic Ministers have no issues with this.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5975|Minnesota

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I don't think a gay bar would be built by a mosque or a church.  Usually when people want to celebrate their immorality they try to stay away from a mosque/church.
I agree that a gay bar next to a Temple, Mosque or Church would be inadequate, but you can't say gays celebrate their immorality.  They don't choose to be gay, they just are gay.  Who wants to be pointed as different or weird by the whole society?  Nobody does.
they do a great job with not trying to be viewed as weird in their gay pride parades
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I would suggest that some Catholic Ministers have no issues with this.
Of course there are priests and ministers who have violated their own moral code.  And they wouldn't want to do so right next to their church.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6652|949

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I wonder how the religion of peace would deal with this in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afganistan, Syria, Iraq, or any of the other Major Muslim countries.

Being that it is such a tolerant peaceful religion I would think that they would embrace the diversity and through love win over the gay communtiy and acknowledge their human rights.  Maybe they would offer a special surmon for them and welcome them into their Mosque.

Please discuss.
You are wondering how Muslims would feel, so you turn to a video game debate forum?

I wonder how women in Ethiopia feel when they are pregnant.  Let me go ask a toddler from south Orange County...

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-03-26 12:44:19)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

sergeriver wrote:

Who wants to be pointed as different or weird by the whole society?  Nobody does.
https://photo.net/photo/pcd0155/gay-parade-20.4.jpg

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-26 12:46:26)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6652|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Who wants to be pointed as different or weird by the whole society?  Nobody does.
http://photo.net/photo/pcd0155/gay-parade-20.4.jpg
But hey, you do know how to rock a shawl.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
my nipples were chaffing
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6570|CH/BR - in UK

Lotta Drool - you are alone in this one. Whilst we DO agree that there would be a reaction from conservatives - perhaps to the point of outrage - and that radicals would be besides themselves, this does not make them different. What you seem to fail to see is that most religions are highly intolerable of gays. Furthermore, why would you want to plant yourself in the middle of an non-accepting location?
Common sense - I'm hoping - would keep most people from making retarded decisions like that.

Just you go on and enjoy your Muslim bashing - just note that most people do not agree with you - something which you seem to have the impression of.

-konfusion
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6622
Ok from my Muslim perspective, if they'll leave us alone, we'll leave them alone. Even though we will feel a bit disappointed and will want to move.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5951|Somewhere out in Space
I browse this thread and i see this at the bottom...

https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=COe2gbmVisquhwEQ2AUYWjIIR2kGiI-SwBE

Purely coincidence i assure you.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6777|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

http://photo.net/photo/pcd0155/gay-parade-20.4.jpg
There's a difference between being just gay and that thing in the pic.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6601|SE London

They'd secretly love it.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6468

There are other things in life that you can talk about, other than Muslims...you know. These threads are getting too damn old.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-03-26 15:36:12)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
true that
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I hope that Scorpion and Poseidon come and educate the bigots in this thread on how Muslims really feel about gays.  They know a lot about this because they know Muslims and stuff.  Poseidon brought it to my attention that the Media lies about Muslims and are just spreading hate towards the religion. 

Many of you seem really out of touch with reality.
Oh yeah, and all of us (CamPoe, Bert, Serge, Etc) are all just out to get you, and we have no idea what's going on in these horrid, horrid countries!!!

EVERY ONE OF US ARE NAIVE! YOU GUYS KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ISLAM! Silly me.

You and lowing are pretty much by yourself in thinking that all of Islam is violent. Ever wonder why?
There is only one of me and would you mind contributing and telling me what you feel the result would be in one of the countries listed and why.

Be careful what you say though or Lowing will come in and call you a racist bigot and what not.
Or worse..............I would call him a liberal
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Depends..
https://i32.tinypic.com/xgl0cp.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6557|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Oh yeah, and all of us (CamPoe, Bert, Serge, Etc) are all just out to get you, and we have no idea what's going on in these horrid, horrid countries!!!

EVERY ONE OF US ARE NAIVE! YOU GUYS KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ISLAM! Silly me.

You and lowing are pretty much by yourself in thinking that all of Islam is violent. Ever wonder why?
There is only one of me and would you mind contributing and telling me what you feel the result would be in one of the countries listed and why.

Be careful what you say though or Lowing will come in and call you a racist bigot and what not.
As I said in the other thread - oh yeah, I'm a total liberal, even though I support the death penalty and will always support Israel. Typical conservatve remark when they know they're losing an argument.

You remind me of Lil' Cheney from the Lil' Bush show on Comedy Central. "Ra ra ra, LIBERALS ra ra ra."
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

As I said in the other thread - oh yeah, I'm a total liberal, even though I support the death penalty and will always support Israel. Typical conservatve remark when they know they're losing an argument.

You remind me of Lil' Cheney from the Lil' Bush show on Comedy Central. "Ra ra ra, LIBERALS ra ra ra."
Please do not go to an Islamic country and openly support Israel, that peaceful and tolerant religion will hand you your head on a platter. As a matter of fact do not try and enter an Islamic country with an Israel VISA on your passport, you will be denied entry, but of course I am generalizing.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6557|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Please do not go to an Islamic country and openly support Israel, that peaceful and tolerant religion will hand you your head on a platter. As a matter of fact do not try and enter an Islamic country with an Israel VISA on your passport, you will be denied entry, but of course I am generalizing.
That has to do with what I said...how? I said - you call me a liberal with no basis. You chose to dodge my rebuttal, which pretty much proves that you've taken up the old "when in doubt, call him a liberal" ploy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

That has to do with what I said...how? I said - you call me a liberal with no basis. You chose to dodge my rebuttal, which pretty much proves that you've taken up the old "when in doubt, call him a liberal" ploy.
Actually I have no idea if you are a liberal or not, when I get pissed off at someone I can not think of anything as bad as that to call someone.
IRONCHEF
+385|6510|Northern California
Forgot where I saw it, but in Dabai, next to a mosque is a large dance club..and there's gays in Dubai..and nobody slaughtered yet.
The_Mac
+96|6245

ATG wrote:

And Islamic Muslims would cut their heads off.
I sense a redundancy in the force.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard