clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|6109|Minnesota

S.Lythberg wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

LOL...  Yes, one undeniable fact about much of the Islamic World is that it makes Pat Robertson's crowd look like The Village People when comparing their attitudes on gays.  Iran is especially despicable in its treatment of gays.

Women's rights are another touchy area for the Islamic World as well....
Iran doesn't have gays
"but this is new york baby" - snl
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6682|Global Command

Turquoise wrote:

Why...  why... do you have to use the Daily Mail as a source?

Well, assuming the story is actually somewhat true, it doesn't surprise me.  Green Lane Mosque is sketchy enough in its own right.
I'm unbiased. Msnbc, Fox, internet mostly. I used to go to different Arab news sites, but even in the commentary sections I found there too be...too much reason and peace mongering, it just didn't correspond with the public face of Islam as rabid, drooling suicide bombers.

Maybe there is a lesson there for my other right wing brethren. You should spend some reading reading that shit, find out what their beef is, instead of watching the latest news about another handful of Americans killed, another suicide bomber and think, oh well, the goat fucking Muslims deserve it.
Since Sept. 11 2001 the world has gone mad.

On that dark day in modern history, America was attacked, the Twin Towers were destroyed and three thousand innocent victims of different nationalities, cultures, faiths and colors lost their lives. America was deeply hurt, Americans were stunned, and the world at large condemned the crime.
Source Go ahead, read some of the opinions. Some of them are not easy to read, perhaps because...well again, see my sig.

When an administration fucks up this badly, it causes reasonable people to take a good hard look at the actions. The causes and effect; what was promised verses what happened. Under such scrutiny by any but the most devote parrots, this system is fucked up.

I have to admit, I am rethinking some of my previous statements in regards to the Palestinians.  That happens when you stop being spoon fed lies, I'm afraid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

And Islamic Muslims would cut their heads off.
I think you mean Middle Eastern...   Islamic Muslim is redundant.
Pleonasm, to be exact.
BVC
+325|6849

S3v3N wrote:

What happens if they put a mosque next to a pork processing plant or vice versa
What about a pork processing plant on one side, a gay bar on the other, and an Israeli consulate across the street?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Pubic wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

What happens if they put a mosque next to a pork processing plant or vice versa
What about a pork processing plant on one side, a gay bar on the other, and an Israeli consulate across the street?
Forgot the giant SPAM billboard.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina
I have a better one.  If a gay bar was built in Jerusalem, how would Muslims, Christians and Jews feel?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-26 04:44:55)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6564|'Murka

It would likely mean the bar owners have violated some coding law, as bars are usually required to be a certain distance away from schools/churches/public parks, etc.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

It would likely mean the bar owners have violated some coding law, as bars are usually required to be a certain distance away from schools/churches/public parks, etc.
Good call counselor Feos.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6382|NSW, Australia

lol at pakistan

they have a place called islamabad

islam-a-bad     lol
JahManRed
wank
+646|6781|IRELAND

Re-write your OP so its not lased with venom and bias and I might comment.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6884|Uhh... erm...
I really would laugh at the irony of it. But other than that, I wouldn't care.

By the way, are there any gays, bars or any combination of the two in the Vatican City?
David.P
Banned
+649|6427
Like this.

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6621
edit: Fuck you David

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-03-26 05:09:11)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

JahManRed wrote:

You just did.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6781|IRELAND

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

You just did.
Very witty. Here's a cookie.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

JahManRed wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

You just did.
Very witty. Here's a cookie.
I shall add it to my ever-growing and well-deserved collection.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6774|London, England
The same shit that would happen if you put it near a Christian Church (in America)

No offence, but alot of American Christians are pretty fucked up (like European Muslims)
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6682|Global Command

Mek-Izzle wrote:

The same shit that would happen if you put it near a Christian Church (in America)

No offence, but alot of American Christians are pretty fucked up (like European Muslims)
" You want to meet some screwed up people? Go to church "

Famous pastor Rick Warren
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6598|The Land of Scott Walker
I don't think a gay bar would be built by a mosque or a church.  Usually when people want to celebrate their immorality they try to stay away from a mosque/church.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6802

A better question; if a gay mosque was built next to Spit's house, how would he feel?

I personally feel he'd join right in and get his gay on. Whilst wearing a rainbow burqa.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6489|Oregon
and what if you built a gay bar next to a fundamentalist christian church?
theelviscerator
+19|6442

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I'm sure they would much like it, but, if it was in the USA.... there shouldn't be anything much they could do about it.
fixed.....all the other countries mentioned would never issue the permit....ESPECIALLY the asian knob gobbling UK politicos..
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6793|Your moms bedroom
trying to think if our town has a bar to church proximity limit
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6598|The Land of Scott Walker

djphetal wrote:

and what if you built a gay bar next to a fundamentalist christian church?
That's precisely what I was talking about.  A gay bar would not want to be that close for the reasons I mentioned above.
topal63
. . .
+533|6871

Stingray24 wrote:

I don't think a gay bar would be built by a mosque or a church. Usually when people want to celebrate their immorality they try to stay away from a mosque/church.
That's just fucking hilarious...

I have no comment, ... it's just one of those spit-take moments.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard