Poll

If you had to kill one out of this list, which one would you kill?

A child abuser36%36% - 65
A rapist12%12% - 23
A corrupted politician17%17% - 31
A terrorist14%14% - 26
A drug dealer2%2% - 4
A serial killer15%15% - 28
Total: 177
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6588|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Hardest poll ive ever had to answer so far.

I went with the Corrupted Politician tho.

I dont say he does deserve to die more than any other on the list...they all should die in excruciating pain. But in this case the corrupted politician seem like the one who can do the most harm.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6458|Chicago, IL

Turquoise wrote:

GorillaKing798 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

But... all the major dictators in history only were able to rise with the help or complicity of others.  If Hitler hadn't had a movement strong enough behind him to stay in power and the Germans had been more wary of his hate (and willing to fight him), he would've been overthrown.

I guess what I'm getting at is that a corrupt politician can be dealt with much easier than a suicidal terrorist, because the politician still has a self-preservation instinct and depends on the obedience of others to do anything.
A terrorist can't raise one of the greatest armies ever seen and bring them into a World War, and corrupted politicians are extremely hard to stop, as they have so many people who buy into their lies.
Perhaps, I should rephrase what I mean then.  Killing someone as evil and as powerful as Hitler was is more important than killing a terrorist, but...  killing the average corrupt politician vs. a terrorist is excessive.
Hitler was not a corrupt politician, he made his intentions very clear to the German people, and then acted accordingly, therefore, this debate is pointless.

If anything, he could be more closely called a terrorist, for inspiring people to commit horrific acts of hatred, but the level of corruption in Nazi Germany was very low, that was one of Hitlers original goals, to weed out corruption in the German government.

Corrupted politicians would likely refer to officials in Ecuador, Colombia, and the Middle east who are paid by cartels and terrorists to "look the other way," or our old governor George Ryan who accepted bribes to license truck drivers who failed the driving test, and in most cases, corrupt politicians mean only a slight hazard to overall safety (more drugs, bad drivers), while the terrorists are actively trying to kill as many civilians as possible, in as brutal a method as possible.  I think the choice is clear.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6769|Argentina
Oops, I missed the Genocide option.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6393|the land of bourbon

sergeriver wrote:

u mean like a dictator who engages in a little ethnic cleansing?  that would fall under corrupt politician, no?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6769|Argentina

steelie34 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

u mean like a dictator who engages in a little ethnic cleansing?  that would fall under corrupt politician, no?
A Genocide is not just a corrupt politician.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6393|the land of bourbon

sergeriver wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

A Genocide is not just a corrupt politician.
true, it takes more than one person to actually commit genocide, but it is ultimately the politicians who allow these things to happen.  hitler was just a corrupt politician, who sold his master race mantra to his people.  what happened next was definitely because of him.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6705|Brunei Darussalam

Being a father of two, it would be child abuser. Easy pick, actually.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6561|CH/BR - in UK

Since everyone seems to have ignored my comment, I'll bring my point forth again: How does a terrorist NOT fall into each category? Terrorists murder innocents. Doesn't matter which you pick: militants, suicide bombers, ones who organize coups etc. This includes women and children. How, then, is a child abuser worse than that?

-konfusion
The#1Spot
+105|6551|byah
A corrupted politician because they hurt more people than anyone else on the list and gets away with it.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2008-03-28 09:58:39)

Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6705|Brunei Darussalam

konfusion wrote:

Since everyone seems to have ignored my comment, I'll bring my point forth again: How does a terrorist NOT fall into each category? Terrorists murder innocents. Doesn't matter which you pick: militants, suicide bombers, ones who organize coups etc. This includes women and children. How, then, is a child abuser worse than that?

-konfusion
Terrorist doesn't pick hes/hers victims (usually).
Child abuser or rapist does.

Don't get me wrong, i hate terrorists too. Otheres i mentioned, feels much more personal, than just some random suicide bomber.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard