Poll

How many of you drink beer for its effects and how many for the taste?

Effects20%20% - 17
Taste25%25% - 21
Both41%41% - 34
Im too small to drink alcohol11%11% - 9
Total: 81
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6498|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I personally drink it because i like the taste

Mayyybe a little bit on the weekends for the effects.
But i love it when it gets to you and then your all pumped up for a game on Company of heroes
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6773

I drink for both.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6259|United Kingdom
lol @ too small for alcohol
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6745|Sydney, Australia
For both, but it's got to taste right for me to want to drink it.
Unzombified_Zombie
I'm a furry, get over it :3
+9|6187|Grantham, England
I'm too wittle at the moment *dammit* but they can't stop me anyway!
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6208
i like the taste of beer but i wouldnt drink it unless it got me drunk
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6678

Both; Even if I'm not getting totally wasted, I still like to drink some beer to loosen up. And I don't buy the shitty, tastes-like-piss, American, light beers.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6367
I would like one now, seeing that it´s 9:40 in the morning. Would keep me from doing whatever I intended to do today.lol...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6542|USA
great thread.  i'd like to post a small debate i had on the temp forums...but erm...where'd they go?

well, i argued that people only trick themselves into liking the taste (maybe subconsciously) because of the effects. 

one example i used is that a person drinking non-alcoholic beer will become just as relaxed as one drinking beer with alcohol content.

dang.  i wish i saved some debates i had on temp.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6359|Oregon
Beer is fucking revolting, in my opinion. And "good beer" is even worse. It's like drinking diluted shit, whereas cheap beer is more just like bad water.
I can only drink hard alcohol... beer is just fucking disgusting.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6694|The Netherlands
Is "Im too small to drink alcohol" also for people that just don't like to drink it even though they are allowed?
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6359|Oregon

Nessie09 wrote:

Is "Im too small to drink alcohol" also for people that just don't like to drink it even though they are allowed?
I actually kinda thought the same thing, as the word "small" could carry a condescending connotation. And I adore assonance and alliteration alike.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6678

djphetal wrote:

Nessie09 wrote:

I actually kinda thought the same thing, as the word "small" could carry a condescending connotation. And I adore assonance and alliteration alike.
I see what you did there.

But really, you guys don't like beer? I never did until I browsed around and tried different stuff and found what I liked. I'm sure there's bound to be something out there you like. I hated beer for the longest time because all I would have was Corona, Bud Light, Miller Lite.  Lately I've been into Newcastle, that stuff is great (technically ale I suppose). Amstel light is also good.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6774
Beer for taste, TEQUILA for the effects!
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6253|NSW, Australia

i dont drink it because its gross and i can taste it for days afterwards even with brushing my teeth like 10 times

+ its the onlydrink so far that gives me hangovers
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6705|Disaster Free Zone
Beer doesn't have any effects.... so it must be the taste.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6679|UK
both,but mainly so ugly birds look better
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6259|United Kingdom

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

both,but mainly so ugly birds look better
Is that a good thing?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6798|Noizyland

I'm more of a taste man, but I have been known to overdo it. Last weekend for example there were two occasions on one night where I threw myself passionatly at the bushes to take a private barf. Apparently I then spent the rest of the night partaking in my friend's conversations by grunting at odd intervals - or so they tell me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6697|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I just finished a 5 day bender, did about 40+ pints of cider as I don't do lager/beer.  It was purely for the effects this weekend but if I had a sneaky pint during the week its for the taste rather than the effects.

I'm no good at midday drinking always gives me an afternoon headache.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6416|Southern California

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

great thread.  i'd like to post a small debate i had on the temp forums...but erm...where'd they go?

well, i argued that people only trick themselves into liking the taste (maybe subconsciously) because of the effects. 

one example i used is that a person drinking non-alcoholic beer will become just as relaxed as one drinking beer with alcohol content.

dang.  i wish i saved some debates i had on temp.
Not really the same.

When you taste beer, you may feel relaxed...yeah, yeah, we know you mind relates the taste of alcohol to the relaxed feeling, and so after the two are paired together long enough just the taste will trigger the feeling your mind associates with it.

Feeling relaxed is not a taste. In the instance of the non alcoholic beer your mind is pairing the taste with its effect, two things that happen together with such frequency that your brain accepts them as a pair.

You are claiming that because you enjoy the effects that your mind alters your perception to believe you also enjoy the taste. But there was no pleasant taste in conjunction with your buzz so the same principal of your mind drawing a connection between the two does not apply.

They are examples of two different things. If anything based on the non alcoholic beer example feeling relaxed should leave a bad taste in your mouth if you drink often.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2008-03-25 03:52:15)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6221|Winland

I wouldn't drink it even if I was old enough.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jord
+2,382|6702|The North, beyond the wall.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I wouldn't drink it even if I was old enough.
Siddown Kpt92.

I've got Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 4 day party. On and off like, but can't wait.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England
Jord's a dingle that doesn't drink anymore.

I drink for the taste, the drunkedness just comes afterwards as a nice side effect. I usually stick to cider these days, much better taste.

If you want to get hammered and don't give a shit what it tastes like, just take pure vodka shots. That's also the quickest way to end up throwing up.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6463|Brisbane, Australia

Ty wrote:

I'm more of a taste man, but I have been known to overdo it. Last weekend for example there were two occasions on one night where I threw myself passionatly at the bushes to take a private barf. Apparently I then spent the rest of the night partaking in my friend's conversations by grunting at odd intervals - or so they tell me.
Sounds like my last weekend...except I supposedly walked with people like a kilometre and back
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard