Maj.Do
+85|6723|good old CA
Hey Fellas,

Seesh i haven't posted in here for some time.  Anyways i have a meeting in about 2 days at my house and i wanted to present something on my laptop through my Phillips Plasma TV.  From Looking at the back of the TV, it doesn't seem to have a lot of ports.  No DVI ports or anything closely related to computers.  I've seen before those cables that plug in from the back of a laptop to the TV's Component area.  Would this work??
Thanks!

-Maj.D
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

What about VGA? Probably not.

I think s-video could work, although it's pretty bad quality.

Do you have a port, where this can be connected to your laptop:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/SVideoConnector.jpg

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-03-24 16:43:01)

Maj.Do
+85|6723|good old CA
I believe i do, its yellow and the icon is a S--> TV box
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
That'd be Composite / S-Video then! Give it a whirl.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

The idea is, if you have the s-video out in your laptop:

https://techreport.com/r.x/ti4600s/pny-verto-side.jpg

Like the one in the middle.

Then you use s-video - composite cable(yellow).

The yellow end gets connected to your TV.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Composite.jpg

This will only give you picture without sound.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-03-24 16:55:16)

ReDevilJR
+106|6322
I thought most TV's have a VGA in the back? Mine's got DVI.
Maj.Do
+85|6723|good old CA
Hmmm strange my tv isnt too old (2 years i think)  and it doesnt have DVI or VGA.  Cheap. -_-
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6616|Ohio
I'm glad my 37 inch lcd has a couple DVI ports so I can use it as a monitor.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Just be glad you don't have my TV. I have a 15+ year old 27" JVC (tube TV) in my basement. It's massive and it has no DVI/VGA or S-video ports.
ReDevilJR
+106|6322

Maj.Do wrote:

Hmmm strange my tv isnt too old (2 years i think)  and it doesnt have DVI or VGA.  Cheap. -_-
Damn, my entertainment TV is about 5 years old and it has DVI!

Maybe rent a TV?

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2008-03-24 19:05:23)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

ebug9 wrote:

Just be glad you don't have my TV. I have a 15+ year old 27" JVC (tube TV) in my basement. It's massive and it has no DVI/VGA or S-video ports.
My TV is a 21" Salora colour TV from 1982. One scart that gives you shocks if you touch anything connected to it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

My TV is a 21" Salora colour TV from 1982. One scart that gives you shocks if you touch anything connected to it.
No, your TV is a $6,000 projector
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Or a food tray/drink coaster.
Maj.Do
+85|6723|good old CA

ebug9 wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Or a food tray/drink coaster.
hahahahah
Maj.Do
+85|6723|good old CA
Yeap my TV doesnt have DVI...lame.  Just checked the Manual.  They said to just get a DVI--> HDMI converter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard