Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6547|North Carolina
So, essentially, Islam bribes people with sex in the afterlife like Christianity bribes people with salvation.

It's all kind of the same in that respect -- telling people what they want to hear.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6684|Texas - Bigger than France

Turquoise wrote:

So, essentially, Islam bribes people with sex in the afterlife like Christianity bribes people with salvation.

It's all kind of the same in that respect -- telling people what they want to hear.
I didn't think of it like that, but since you brought it up...

...don't you think salvation is a little different than banging 72 all the time?

Do you think it's interesting that the reward of living a pious life is hedonism?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6496

zeidmaan wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I asked a Muslim friend about, it He thought the post was funny and added that Zarcowi [sp] would not qualify as the Koran states you must give your life willingly and zarqowi did not. He fought for his life. He was pretty adamant about it. Anyone else ever hear of this take ?
Your friend is wrong. The virgins are one of many pleasures in paradise available to anyone who qualifies to enter paradise. And you dont have to die willingly to enter paradise. And I checked, the numbers are made up (40, 70, 72, 88) you probably get much more than that
Also did you all know that a woman gets all the Brad Pits and George Clooneys she wants in paradise?
are you for real or making a joke ?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6661|Πάϊ

Pug wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

...don't you think salvation is a little different than banging 72 all the time?

Do you think it's interesting that the reward of living a pious life is hedonism?
Yeah but check this out. As a Muslim you start from zero, with the prospect of doing good in this life and being rewarded in the afterlife with lots of sex and food (aka a rough and unrefined version of the Epicurean life model). In Christianity you start with the handicap of being a sinner so your life is your chance to change so as to gain salvation.
ƒ³
zeidmaan
+234|6557|Vienna

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I asked a Muslim friend about, it He thought the post was funny and added that Zarcowi [sp] would not qualify as the Koran states you must give your life willingly and zarqowi did not. He fought for his life. He was pretty adamant about it. Anyone else ever hear of this take ?
Your friend is wrong. The virgins are one of many pleasures in paradise available to anyone who qualifies to enter paradise. And you dont have to die willingly to enter paradise. And I checked, the numbers are made up (40, 70, 72, 88) you probably get much more than that
Also did you all know that a woman gets all the Brad Pits and George Clooneys she wants in paradise?
Im for real... kind of...

Paradise gives you most beutifful "partners" you can imagine, created just to give you pleasure. They are not from this world, they have been specially created for you. One can come to conclusion that the number doesnt even matter, the "partners" are out of this world and give you pleasure you can not even imagine in "this" world.
The word used to describe these people translated means something like "unbelievable hot secksy people" meaning both genders. The same word in old Arabic is the plural of sexy men and woman (both genders).
Which means that men get all the hot sexy chicks (or maybe even men?) they want and the chicks get all the sexy man (maybe even chicks?) they want.

It is a general misconception that (according to Islam) woman die and serve as servants to men in afterlife. Not true.

Im not a Muslim or a religious man so from a neutral point of view, the haven seems like a kick ass place
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6547|North Carolina

oug wrote:

Pug wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah but check this out. As a Muslim you start from zero, with the prospect of doing good in this life and being rewarded in the afterlife with lots of sex and food (aka a rough and unrefined version of the Epicurean life model). In Christianity you start with the handicap of being a sinner so your life is your chance to change so as to gain salvation.
Either way, they rely on false hope.  You might as well just live the hedonist's life here, because odds are this is the only life we get.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6684|Texas - Bigger than France
Now that I think more about it, I think religion is all about guilt.  I'm guilty so I lose salvation, or I'm guilty so I don't get a life of hedonism.  Wait a sec...If I live a life of hedonism, and I'm muslim, what do I get?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6916|Noizyland

Actually the whole Virgins thing has been disputed by some scholars. Apparently that passage can also be interepreted as "40 crystal-clear raisins".
How much would that suck eh? You've blown yourself up, gone to heaven and said

- "Alright, give me my 40 virgins!"

"Here are your raisins!"

- "Eh? Raisins? Um..."

"Yes that's right, die in a holy war, get 40 crystal-clear raisins, just like it says in the Koran."

- "But I thought-"

"Yeah you'd be surprised how many people think that - I mean c'mon though, where are we gonna find 40 of them? I mean for every one of you guys who blow themselves up and come here? It's impossible! And you know, it's not like you can re-use them either, they're pretty much like tissues, one use and you throw it away."

- "So I blew myself up and I get 40 raisins?"

"40 crystal-clear raisins."

- "Oh wow, look at that, they're completely see-through! That's pretty cool!"

"Yeah well, we deliver what we promise!"
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6661|Πάϊ

Turquoise wrote:

Either way, they rely on false hope.  You might as well just live the hedonist's life here, because odds are this is the only life we get.
Well sure! They are religions. Of course they rely on false hope. Epicurus ftw
ƒ³
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6496

zeidmaan wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Im for real... kind of...

Paradise gives you most beutifful "partners" you can imagine, created just to give you pleasure. They are not from this world, they have been specially created for you. One can come to conclusion that the number doesnt even matter, the "partners" are out of this world and give you pleasure you can not even imagine in "this" world.
The word used to describe these people translated means something like "unbelievable hot secksy people" meaning both genders. The same word in old Arabic is the plural of sexy men and woman (both genders).
Which means that men get all the hot sexy chicks (or maybe even men?) they want and the chicks get all the sexy man (maybe even chicks?) they want.

It is a general misconception that (according to Islam) woman die and serve as servants to men in afterlife. Not true.

Im not a Muslim or a religious man so from a neutral point of view, the haven seems like a kick ass place
you didn't address my friends point about zar-cow-wees(sp)  death not meeting the qualifications of "sacrifice"

Turquoise wrote:

Either way, they rely on false hope.
Please tell me how you know this..lol
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6661|Πάϊ

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Either way, they rely on false hope.
Please tell me how you know this..lol
God told him so. lol
ƒ³