Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
there is evidence that showed zarqawi was in iraq, in baghdad, before march 03 as a guest of saddam's.
Its also doubted Zarqawi was formally part of AQ at that time - I think that was in the Pentagon report.

Bush, who has said himself that there is no evidence Iraq was involved in 9/11, sought to explain the distinction Thursday, saying that while the administration never "said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated" with Iraqi help, "we did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda."
Thats what Bush is saying now. Bush is backpedalling.
ORLY? How does one source firsthand experience?
By supplying some kind of evidence to back it up. 'Source or STFU' remember?
I don't believe your 'firsthand experience' when your memory is so selective and has such huge blanks.
In any case the only information you have in front of you is that sourced from other areas in the admin and the military so is less than impartial or reliable.
I DID read the thread. If my comment was ignorant, it's because you didn't provide the information to inform it. You didn't source your claim.
I think you'll find I did, the comments on the US missiles in Iraqi embassies were in the Pentagon report - which was sourced twice in the thread, and which the OP is about.
I have no plans to provide a weblink with every single sentence.
If you need it pointed out to you a comment in a thread is related to the OP thats too bad.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-04-05 19:57:30)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its also doubted Zarqawi was formally part of AQ at that time - I think that was in the Pentagon report.
Ill give you that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Gunslinger OIF II wrote:

Ill give you that.
Wow
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Bush, who has said himself that there is no evidence Iraq was involved in 9/11, sought to explain the distinction Thursday, saying that while the administration never "said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated" with Iraqi help, "we did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda."
Thats what Bush is saying now. Bush is backpedalling.
Funny. Your source didn't make that distinction. He made the second comment on Thursday...the first one was clearly prior to that. So not so much with the backpedaling.

Dilbert_X wrote:

ORLY? How does one source firsthand experience?
By supplying some kind of evidence to back it up. 'Source or STFU' remember?
I don't believe your 'firsthand experience' when your memory is so selective and has such huge blanks.
In any case the only information you have in front of you is that sourced from other areas in the admin and the military so is less than impartial or reliable.
How is my memory selective or with huge blanks? I know what I know, I experienced what I experienced. Most of my posts relating personal experience have involved: the intelligence process; the military objectives (and associated national objectives) for OIF and to a lesser degree OEF; general military planning processes. I'm fairly sure I haven't had "selective" or "huge blanks" in my memory. You just don't like it when real-world experience counters your argument and you have nothing but your own conspiracy theories and like-minded internet writers to support your position.

Dilbert_X wrote:

I DID read the thread. If my comment was ignorant, it's because you didn't provide the information to inform it. You didn't source your claim.
I think you'll find I did, the comments on the US missiles in Iraqi embassies were in the Pentagon report - which was sourced twice in the thread, and which the OP is about.
I have no plans to provide a weblink with every single sentence.
If you need it pointed out to you a comment in a thread is related to the OP thats too bad.
Or you could have just said "This was in the report in the OP". Instead, you throw out a claim without sourcing it (either by statement or link). I didn't say you had to link to every statement that you make...but it's helpful in the argument if you at least state where you got it.

Or you can just be a tool. Either way.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

Or you could have just said "This was in the report in the OP".
Why would I need to do that? Its a thread, the discussion evolves, do I have to link back to the thread every time I write something.
^ This is related to your point, thats why I quoted you in line one of this post.

FEOS wrote:

If so, please provide the source. If not, STFU.
It seems you're the tool, read the OP and try to follow the thread in future. Maybe follow some of the links before you tell people to STFU
^ This bit is in relation to my comment 'Interestingly the Iraqis claimed to have US missiles in their various embassies - US supports Iraqi terrorists? Even I wouldn't claim that one.' Which is in the thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=97074&p=1
If you've got a point to make please start by reading the OP which again is here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=97074&p=1 , or you'll just look a dick.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-04-06 06:13:56)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

You link us to a 5 volume, several hundred page report. The thread spins. Multiple links (other than the report) are posted. You make a wild-assed claim (or so it seems), implying (so it seems--you later clarified) that the US supplied Iraq with missile launchers. So I asked for a source. It cannot be assumed, after ~170 posts, that your source for the info was in the first post. However, if you had simply said "the Iraqis claimed in the report" (or used the quote box in some useful manner), then there would have been less confusion.

The fact that the claim is in line with your normally unsourced claims that are based solely on your own conjecture, led me down that path. Past performance is normally an indicator of present/future performance. Forgive me for thinking you were being your normal self.

I'm not worried about looking like a dick...but you should be.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You make a wild-assed claim (or so it seems)
No, you had a preconceived notion in your head and wildly misinterpreted the information in front of you so badly your conclusion was the complete reverse of the real situation.
Ring any bells?
implying that the US supplied Iraq with missile launchers
This has come out of nowhere, I didn't imply any kind of direct link between the US and Iraq, I just noted there was information Iraq claimed to have US missiles and stated it was not my belief the US was supplying terrorists. The idea I suggested a direct link between the US and Iraq has come from you.
Spooky isn't it?
The fact that the claim is in line with your normally unsourced claims that are based solely on your own conjecture, led me down that path.
I would say you led yourself down a path, no-one else did anything.
Deja vu anyone?
BTW I would stick my neck out and say I reckon I supply more links, sources, backup info than almost anyone else on this forum. You choose to ignore it which is why you never remember.
Past performance is normally an indicator of present/future performance.
And often it isn't, ask a stockbroker, and as you've demonstrated 'experience' of past performance often blinkers people so badly they can't see in front of their nose.
Is this sounding eerily familiar?
you later clarified
Not really, just pointed out you were wrong.
Come on, we've been here before haven't we?
Forgive me for thinking you were being your normal self.
Even when you screw up so badly your first instinct is to insult and ridicule the other side.

So in summary.
You're so busy looking for a fight, and blinkered by your prejudices about the sorts of things I say and mean, you misinterpret information right in front of you and create linkages and implications out of thin air.
Even when your shown to have goofed your first instinct is to start up with the insults.

Funny that you're an employee of the Pentagon and your micro-behaviour mirrors their macro-behaviour so neatly.

Or you could have just said "This was in the report in the OP".
Could have, but then there was that whole 'source or STFU' thing
I'm not worried about looking like a dick...but you should be.
I'm not worried, I'm well aware that ship has sailed.

Really this is intended (at least partially) in a constructive sense.
Maybe learning a little humility would be helpful.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard