SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6718|SPARTA
I was on *SCK* Warlord Server FF=OFF and this guy , potzkoten30 (i swear must be a german turk) was hideout glitching for two rounds. so me and my clanmates wanted to kick him all the time, the kick votes never ended and we were getting closer to the needed 12 votes.
and now the funny part: he threatened us, that if we kickvote him he let's the server crash.
1500 hours of bf2 and i never saw that so we made fun of that, but no kidding, he said 3 seconds and we all crashed to desktop. the server is empty now,  15 minutes ago it was full. i saw bf2 not crash for ages, so wtf????? is there a new bug glitch or hack i never heard of, or did this guy hack the netcode or can admins do that????
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6479|P-way, NJ
I've heard this and I've seen it personally, so I will believe you.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6718|SPARTA
so wtf is this??? it's like extortion "kick me and your server goes boom, so let me do whatever i want"
goddamn kiddy turks, and i say this because i know such fucks are doing these things pretty much often
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991
Part of the 187ci hack pack I think, the very top end one. Don't think AA has that.

It differs from the spam hack that resets a server, however I'm unsure of how it's done, not through a bug abuse in CC, as I have seen servers that don't run via CC reset.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6128|Scotland!
Well he sure showed you
cablecopulate
+449|6733|Massachusetts.
Maybe you should have banned him before he crashed your server just for threatening it.
Fateless
+36|6238|Jennifer Connellys Pants
I've seen it done also and it sucks. I'm guessing its some sort of query (ddos/ping) attack on the server ip Stupid and lame as it is, theres not much that can be done until the new patch. (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)

*Edit* How about posting the IP publicly for all to see?

Last edited by Fateless (2008-03-22 18:55:01)

100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6155|Dublin
I was playen on [22ND] Uk Ranked server, was doing really well, some naab hacking twat was like 40-2 and got banned for cheating, as soon as he was banned, it spammed the chat with 'Go to 'Hackwebstie' for cheap effective hacks'' and the entire server crashed and EVERYONES game crashed also.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6718|SPARTA

cablecopulate wrote:

Maybe you should have banned him before he crashed your server just for threatening it.
wasn't our server
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6239|TEXAS

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Well he sure showed you
QFT

Yeah seen that hack noobs need it so they can threaten that if you stop their hacking on your server they crash it.
punisher
+1|6595|netherlands
what i don't understand is why i have to update punkbuster so many times.....
what's the use of it if everyone can do and use what they want.......
Adamshannon8
+94|6180

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

I've heard this and I've seen it personally, so I will believe you.
tell me about it, having a 20 slot server packed, and then boom we ban a 4 star called "B I G C * * K"  and server crashes.

its there and its stupid
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6554|Hungary
Yes its true this happend to me to but that was worser. We were playing on a server when a fag came in and said "you all will see your desktop in 20 sec" and the server crashed but i also had ctd. I want back and all people said they had ctd. We continued playing and after 10 mins that asshole came back and said "again you will meet your desktop" and band ctd again. I gave it a last try but he showed up again with a namehacked account as we banned him before he could enter the server again. He made us all to crash.
Then i gave up.
Adamshannon8
+94|6180
ouch
Bulletproof.inf
+2|6148
yeah its happend to me some1 name hacked Epsilon.walkah and he was giving abuse and he kept emptying the [miss] waib server ^^ all the time ppl joined
Mantlsman
+1|6641
Is it wrong for me to want something bad to happen to all those d-bags.?!?!
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5914|Minneapolis, MN
Is there a known fix for this?  Like I see in our server chat logs that they spam something in the chat like 10 times a second until everyone crashes to desktop.  It just shows up as blank messages in our chat log though.  Is it sometype of macro or what?

Can we add something to the banned words filter to prevent them from typing in whatever it is?

There has to be something.  Our server gets up to like 60 people every evening and then every evening someone does the stupid message spam that crashes everyone to desktop.  We ban whoever does it because it's easy to tell who did it from the logs, but it's getting annoying and it's ruining our population.
siimjesse
+1|5861
ive seen it happen tooo...
Is there anyway you can prevent it...
Or is EA doing something about it?
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6719|Doncaster, England
I've had it done to me, but I don't know how.

A while ago, can't remember the server.
Some guy types in chat "who wants to crash to desktop?"

Next thing I'm looking at my desktop thinking WTF

I opened BF2 and the server was refilling.
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5914|Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, this crash hack is rediculous.  Our clan pays good money to have a server and we put in a lot of work to get it populated the way it is and then some dick just comes in and can ruin it any time they want.  It's rediculous.  I like people who use aimbots and other hacks more than these people (althought they still suck of course).  Crashing the server ruins our hard work and doesn't even benefit anybody.  There has to be something we can do.
siimjesse
+1|5861
yeh it is redicolous... it has no point to do so...i belive these "idiots" (sorry for my language) get fun from it....
Probally just somebody who sucks at bf2 and needs to ruin other people servers.
But EA has to do something about it.Becose people are paying alot of money to keep their servers up and all they want is
to keep it popular.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6128|Carnoustie, Scotland

siimjesse wrote:

EA have completely given up on BF2. It's a wonder the stats are still up.
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5914|Minneapolis, MN
There has to be a way to prevent it.  Is it just exploiting a weakness in the way the servers are setup or are they actually performing some legitimate hack?  Does anyone know exactly what they doing, like what message they are spamming?  I know they spam some kind of message literally like 10 times per second until apparently it kicks everyone to desktop.  It doesn't even crash the server, it just crashes everyone in the server to their desktop.

Something has to be done, otherwise it literally becomes pointless to even run a server anymore if someone ruins it every day.
siimjesse
+1|5861

Funky_Finny wrote:

siimjesse wrote:

EA have completely given up on BF2. It's a wonder the stats are still up.
Well they have to keep the stats up becose they are in an agreement with us(Buyers)
We bought the game and they have to keep it running(also ranks)
Becose its a part of the game.
But are they working with special forces and euro forces ?
prototype
+52|6307
the virtual world is not a safe place

ip addresses can be proxy

screen names and emails can change

codes can be put in proper places and doors
swing open

I was aware of this kind of stuff since windows 3.1
when yahoo chat was popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard