Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Yeah, I pre-ordered mines ages ago. Got a discount for it too because they delivered my GT5:P a day late (you might remember my postman topic rant )

This time It best come on time!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York
So, what are all of you going to do on launch day? I'm not doing ANY homework that day, that's all I know. It's GTA IV all night for me.
K3rt6699
+70|6377
Hehe, May will be crazy for me in college, lots of crap to do. So on launch day I hope to get as much play time as I can
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5970|Washington DC

Poseidon wrote:

So, what are all of you going to do on launch day? I'm not doing ANY homework that day, that's all I know. It's GTA IV all night for me.
idk my bff jill

I will hopefully be able to play it. I'm visiting Georgia Tech the Friday of the week GTA4 comes out, so I'll probably play a bunch Thursday night
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Another reason why I'm 100% happy with my choice to get GTA IV on my 360, and not my PS3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/19/rumor … ew-cities/

GTA IV DLC may just be...entirely new cities.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
An interview with Dan Houser. Some outlines of it.

*  GTA 3 through San Andreas focused on removing restrictions; GTA IV focuses on implementing things that make sense for the location or for the character.
    * In GTA IV, Rockstar aims to recreate the feeling of jumping from GTA 2 to GTA 3. It's not just an improvement; it's something completely different. GTA 2 to GTA 3 was 3-D; GTA 3 to GTA IV is a phenomenal increase in detail.
    * Physics in GTA IV make the game feel more alive; greatly improved graphics make emotions easier to convey. It's all about making the game more natural.
    * The story reflects the gameplay. The more realistic the game looks and feels, the more realistic the story can be.
    * Rockstar's dream with their games is to always make everything a flowing, completely integrated experience.
    * The development process for GTA IV was professional yet unstructured. The team hasn't really changed since GTA 3, so the process is largely intuitive.
    * The original Liberty City (from GTA 3) was never meant to imitate New York City; it was just "vaguely East Coast-ish".
    * As with previous Grand Theft Auto titles, extensive research was done to capture the true essence of New York City.
    * When coming up with the concept of Niko, Rockstar wanted someone that was tough yet foreign; he's both battle-hardened and innocent at the same time.
    * It took approximately six months to come up with a rough design of what represents New York City. Actually building that representation of New York (Liberty City, in this case) took years to complete.
    * As the city is created, the story begins to develop with Dan bouncing ideas off of Sam and Leslie Benzies. The story begins to be developed, artists start to work on the characters, and the designers begin to break down the story into missions.
    * Developing the actual Grand Theft Auto experience is a daunting task; although the game isn't linear, Rockstar sets it up in such a way that any given situation is predetermined. From the article: "We know where you can move around the map. We know when you can unlock everything. So although the thing to you playing game is non-linear because at any point you might have 15 things you can do, we can track on a huge multi-tiered doc, where you can be. So we know at that point can’t see other things. We’re trying to tell a story, design a videogame and take you on a trip around the world all at the same time."
    * While San Andreas and Vice City took influence from films, GTA IV does not. With the Rockstar team being based in New York City (and much of the team having lived there their entire lives), it makes more sense to base the game off of their own first-hand knowledge and experience of the city.
    * The main reason that we haven't seen multiplayer Grand Theft Auto in the past is technical limitations; the hardware just couldn't handle the strain that a full GTA multiplayer experience would dish out.
    * For GTA IV, the multiplayer experience isn't meant to be revolutionary or completely innovative; it's simply meant to be the best multiplayer GTA experience possible.
    * Multiplayer recreates moments while singleplayer creates narrative; it's all a very cinematic experience.
    * The storytelling experience in GTA IV is far beyond anything we've seen in any Grand Theft Auto title to date.
    * When we look at Niko's situation in GTA IV, we see him as a serious individual with problems that he most overcome; the world that he's stuck in, and the issues of those around Niko, are considerably ridiculous by comparison. It's this tone that defines the game.
http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scen … s-ver.html
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5970|Washington DC

Poseidon wrote:

Another reason why I'm 100% happy with my choice to get GTA IV on my 360, and not my PS3.

if that's true I hope it gives every 360 the red ring of death
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

HurricaИe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

if that's true I hope it gives every 360 the red ring of death
sux2bu for selling your 360

-is glad he now has a PS3 as /b/lackup=
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
Now this what I'm talkin bout!
lol, an article on the in game audio advances
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/grand-theft … 2838249060
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
I can tell you now, if the DLC is new cities expect to be paying atleast $60 for it, making cities of such scope and detail take YEARS to make.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

Vilham wrote:

I can tell you now, if the DLC is new cities expect to be paying atleast $60 for it, making cities of such scope and detail take YEARS to make.
I agree, it wont be new cities, especially when its only a few more hours. Also it wont be anything crucial to the story, as that would mean a huge proprtion of gamers would miss out
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

$60? What are you smoking? For 10 hours of content? 15 bucks, 20 at max. You can get a full original Xbox game on the market place now for 1200 MSP ($15).
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6457

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

It wont be full cities, but small towns. I think a cool town will look much better than another huge city.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

$60? What are you smoking? For 10 hours of content? 15 bucks, 20 at max. You can get a full original Xbox game on the market place now for 1200 MSP ($15).
No, he's saying if it actually was something big like that, It would cost that much. The fact that it's much cheaper, means that it isn't a whole new city/area
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5983|England

cant wait still :DDDDDDDDD
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
sam you're logged in twice

gtfo one of you
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6457

Unfortunately all those who thought they would get the game early from retailers such as GAME or ShopTo are in for a surprise, ShopTo have thrown a thread up on their forum informing everyone that they have signed an agreement with Take-Two not to send the game out any earlier than Monday 28th.

This is taken from ShopTo:

"After countless meetings and hours upon hours of phone calls, blood, sweat, tears and a one off meeting inside a toilet (inside joke) and ShopTo are proud to announce that we will now be able to (subject to it arriving when we have paid for it to arrive and in full order quantity) fufil all pre-orders of Grand Theft Auto IV on both XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 with both normal and limited editions for all pre-orders made before Saturday 19th April 2008.

"Ok, thats great news but when are you guys gonna ship?"
As predicted by myself and many others months ago, Take2 sent us a street date agreement that we have had to sign which means we cannot ship until Monday next week, this also includes an embargo on staff getting copies either paid for or free so alot of us are in same posiion.

Is your stock going to be UK or European?
The stock will also be a mix of UK and European, there is no way to guarentee a certain version for anyone so if you are not happy with recieving a European version feel free to cancel your pre-order.

PAL and European Copies, whats the difference?
The only difference is the rating board which has rated the game, the UK versions will be rated by the BBFC as 18 and the European ones have been rated 18+ by the PEGI board. The Euro version may also give you some difficulty if you want to trade it in as not all high street retailers accept them but many others still do and you could always sell it on SellTo aswell Wink.

We will be working through Sunday to prepare all envelopes. YOU WILL RECIEVE DESPATCH CONFIRMATION ON SUNDAY BUT THE GAME WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL MONDAY FOR TUESDAY DELVIERY".

Source - http://www.shopto.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2988
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I hope play.com don't do that, but I guess they will to. Fuck. If there's anything this country cant do, it's next day delivery. Oh well, looks like we'll get it on Wednesday instead...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Meh, not too bothered if it's a day late.
d.Luxe
Banned
+64|5860
Sucks to have no console
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
My LCD TV is arriving today.

Can't wait to go to Gamestop, pick up the game and play it on some mofuckin' 1080p!
K3rt6699
+70|6377

d.Luxe wrote:

Sucks to have no console
Steal one, then send a voice message to the owners xbox live account saying you took it. Then you'll go to jail and it hurts less that you still have no console.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I hope play.com don't do that, but I guess they will to. Fuck. If there's anything this country cant do, it's next day delivery. Oh well, looks like we'll get it on Wednesday instead...
Next day delivery isnt usually too bad for me. But I'll be gettin it a few days late, cos the pre-orders had sold out, so I have to wait for the second batch
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6116|Birmingham, UK

r'Eeee wrote:

SAM your name is still pending in my list. ACCEPT
He's playing hard to get.

I bet he does the same with me when i add him.

And, if my finger and toe math is correct, 7 days to go.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard