FloppY_
­
+1,010|6293|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

ebug9 wrote:

bahahahaha that's epic
I especially love the ones where he moves to dodge an incoming car, only to have it bounce and smash him, while he would have been fine had he stayed where he was in the first place
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
Pff, that happens in Manhattan every day.
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

Pff, that happens in Manhattan every day.
I believe that is called jaywalking... not as funny as these vids
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6319

GFWL really is a piece of shit. Finally got to play EFLC though and it's pretty
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

ebug9 wrote:

Yeah, I wish they would've updated GTA IV to take advantage of the new stuff that GFWL has added since GTA IV came out.  I think they added a savegame cloud feature similar to Steam but I don't remember for sure.

It's a shame because I can't find the fucking savegame files for GTA IV and I have to start over every time I reinstall Windows.
FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Yeah, I wish they would've updated GTA IV to take advantage of the new stuff that GFWL has added since GTA IV came out.  I think they added a savegame cloud feature similar to Steam but I don't remember for sure.

It's a shame because I can't find the fucking savegame files for GTA IV and I have to start over every time I reinstall Windows.
They're in your documents -> savegames folder you tool...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

OMG, how did you know I made that folder and put it in there?

Dead serious, cuz I even even put a .txt file in there telling me where to put the Savegames folder and everything and I just happened to have the savegames backup folder in my documents and you guessed it all on the spot, lol
FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Dead serious, cuz I even even put a .txt file in there telling me where to put the Savegames folder and everything and I just happened to have the savegames backup folder in my documents and you guessed it all on the spot, lol
Erm... afaik GTA IV puts them there by itself
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

No for me it's

C:\Users\Marty\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV

I can't get Independence FM to work again either, I took out all but one song, that's probably why.
FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

No for me it's

The fuck?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

No for me it's

The fuck?
Yep, there are the savegames.
In My Documents there are only the user music and video dump folders.

Guess you're becoming psychic. Psychic but without a clue:
The Cassandra Floppy dilemma.
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

No for me it's

The fuck?
Yep, there are the savegames.
In My Documents there are only the user music and video dump folders.

Guess you're becoming psychic. Psychic but without a clue:
The Cassandra Floppy dilemma.
o i c

I just assumed Rockstar were not idiots... I see I was wrong...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Yeah, hopefully they take the normal documents approach with L.A. Noire and hopefully it'll actually work when you want to back it up.  Although L.A. Noire will obviously be new enough for Rockstar to be able to choose to utilize Steam's cloud feature(not just for Valve games, New Vegas uses it too) or whatever GFWL has.
FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

Yeah, hopefully they take the normal documents approach with L.A. Noire and hopefully it'll actually work when you want to back it up.  Although L.A. Noire will obviously be new enough for Rockstar to be able to choose to utilize Steam's cloud feature(not just for Valve games, New Vegas uses it too) or whatever GFWL has.
I hate when games sold on steam don't support the cloud share of savegames :<

It was the only thing I hated about Aquaria...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

You'd think developers could just retro-update their games to support it, especially with games that already share similar enough characteristics with their predecessor, like New Vegas with FO3 and Oblivion, although their savegames are all pretty easy to transfer anyway.  GTA IV especially needs it badly but apparently it has some kind of smart-save system where you can't use them from another computer or installation anyway, otherwise mine would work.  I think Steam's cloud feature is just basic copy and pasting the files with the installation, so it wouldn't support the stupid extra authentication bullshit like Rockstar seems to have done with GTA's save files.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-01-23 12:11:07)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6350

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

You'd think developers could just retro-update their games to support it, especially with games that already share similar enough characteristics with their predecessor, like New Vegas with FO3 and Oblivion, although their savegames are all pretty easy to transfer anyway.  GTA IV especially needs it badly but apparently it has some kind of smart-save system where you can't use them from another computer or installation anyway, otherwise mine would work.  I think Steam's cloud feature is just basic copy and pasting the files with the installation, so it wouldn't support the stupid extra authentication bullshit like Rockstar seems to have done with GTA's save files.
Plants vs Zombies got the cloud feature long after release.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

Sisco wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Plants vs Zombies got the cloud feature long after release.
Yeah but that game seemed like one of the ones that would be jacking off Steam from the beginning almost like Valve's own games, the way it seemed to be marketed on Steam.  Still, this proves games from other brands can be retro-updated after release to support it, but these big-name companies would probably never do it anyway.  Oh well

All I can hope for is that L.A. Noire, Skyrim, and DNF support it when they're released.  Really any game that comes out now pretty much, lol.

Edit: Awesome, just found a way to easily figure out which games you have support it:

http://boards.ign.com/pc_general_board/ … 522352/p1/

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-01-23 13:51:03)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
i like that this thread is back
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5760|Roma
Anybody know if GTA5 is in works?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

aerodynamic wrote:

Nobody knows for sure, Rockstar's big thing right now is L.A. Noire and probably on a lesser scale also Max Payne 3.  If they make another GTA, it'll likely be GTA:(insert which city) II because they don't usually do the next main number up until the next version of their engine(or their version of that engine), which comes with the next generation console.  It tends to be several releases on the same engine(pretty much what they did with Red Dead Redemption and in the works with L.A. Noire I'd guess) with a few upgrades (better ragdoll intelligence in RDR and face-mapping voice acting in L.A. Noire)while they wait for the next generation of console, which is when they re-optimize and completely upgrade what they can do.

So if they do another GTA on the 360/PS3 generation, don't expect it to be called GTA V, but that's just a name anyway.
FloppY_
­
Yeah I doubt they will jump directly from GTA IV to V
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

rockstar isn't deving LA Noire
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

Miggle wrote:

rockstar isn't deving LA Noire
They're the ones promoting it, so I assumed they were developing it
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

aerodynamic wrote:

I'm sure it is, although they released a sort of teaser with TBOGT that indicated a recreated Vice City would be next.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5760|Roma

_j5689_ wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Nobody knows for sure, Rockstar's big thing right now is L.A. Noire and probably on a lesser scale also Max Payne 3.  If they make another GTA, it'll likely be GTA:(insert which city) II because they don't usually do the next main number up until the next version of their engine(or their version of that engine), which comes with the next generation console.  It tends to be several releases on the same engine(pretty much what they did with Red Dead Redemption and in the works with L.A. Noire I'd guess) with a few upgrades (better ragdoll intelligence in RDR and face-mapping voice acting in L.A. Noire)while they wait for the next generation of console, which is when they re-optimize and completely upgrade what they can do.

So if they do another GTA on the 360/PS3 generation, don't expect it to be called GTA V, but that's just a name anyway.
Don't they have many studios working on different titles?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard