tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

Maxxxie wrote:

I did wonder what had happened to Smokey. It seems though that he has not filled others in on our plans for the BF2 server. We will shortly be partnering with another gaming community (not trackr) and they in turn will take over admin duties for the BF2 server. That's not to say that existing admins will be kicked out, just that the server will "belong" to this other community.

An announcement will be made in due course and I am sure you'll be welcome to pick up where Smokey left off

Max
The word BELONG scares me tbf....

To be honest, BF2s wont have a head admin on the server anymore. And thus, we've got a problem. As i see it, apparently, AusBattlefield is going to take up the whole server as some kind of aggreement with aussieclans. and all of us admins, are just gonna be that. Just Admins. New head admins will come in from ausbattlefields and run the show.

If this is gonna be a good thing or bad thing, i do not know, but if it does turn shit, trust me, i'll do all that i can for you fellas.

---------------------------------------------------------

Update.

I'm gonna look for a new server for us boys. Ranked of course. As then we can have another server once again, "Belonging" to us... I'll see what kind of advertisement Deals i can get in etc.

If i do find a new server, then i'll make myself Head Admin. As i feel Maxxxie has dogged us. All AU Citizens that have admin, will still have admin, and even so maybe a few moar will be given admin. If you play, or not play BF2 anymore, will influence greatly.

<3 you all Tazz

Last edited by tazz. (2008-03-21 05:09:41)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

THE FAT FUCK wrote:

Ashlite sez: we just got fucking jewed
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6740|St. Andrews / Oslo

Can I be head-admin pwease?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6237|NSW, Australia

if you need me, i am available

Last edited by Nappy (2008-03-21 18:39:52)

B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6398|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
LOL ausbf is fag, do not want
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

as I said, new adkins may be added, a new thread will be made if so. Please don't post I be admin comments in here pl0x
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
i be admin?
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

ou num nut
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

This sounds ghey.

If anything, we should all get equal admin rights on the server (like having the ability to restart the server when it screws up, as even normal admins can't do that, thus screwing us all over).

If this turns out any worse, I might as well resign.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6456|Newcastle NSW Australia
What did I say in the "LETS MERGE WITH AUSBF" thread? /facedesk.

I don't really care about not having equal admin powers but allowing all admins to be able to login using deamon could be bad. If someone fucks the server someone with remote access will have to contacted to completely reboot the server.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

LOL ausbf is fag, do not want
Yeah, I got banned there and then for being a hacking 4 star.
Apparently their elite admin team doesn't even have an account on a hacking site to see what the latest hacks are, beyond me.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

Invaderzim wrote:

I don't really care about not having equal admin powers but allowing all admins to be able to login using deamon could be bad. If someone fucks the server someone with remote access will have to contacted to completely reboot the server.
That's the thing - none of us are head admins and so none of us can completely reboot it.  We can restart the game, but not much else.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
who you gon call?

https://lh5.google.com/dreamweaver/RxkUn2o0fTI/AAAAAAAABT0/pZJ0eBCedb0/screens_feature-39345_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

Last edited by B00MH3ADSH0T (2008-03-21 19:41:05)

d4rkph03n1x
+131|6757

I can help pay for an independent server if you want, by paypal. PM me. I'm thinking along the lines of GA or something.

Last edited by d4rkph03n1x (2008-03-21 19:45:46)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

No, We do advertisement deals... Like on the front page...

If you have a look

www.bf2s.com

Down the bottom left....
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6757

tazz. wrote:

No, We do advertisement deals... Like on the front page...

If you have a look

www.bf2s.com

Down the bottom left....
And that pays for all the hosting and makes you head admin? Not for much longer, as far as I can see.

Last edited by d4rkph03n1x (2008-03-21 19:49:39)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

As i said, i'm looking for a new host.

UPDATE!!!!

Maxxxie has given me acces to the "Head Admin" section of the server. I can now continue to do what smokey used to do, and will work with AusBF

I will still look for a new server, as this, i still believe would be benifitial.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6546|Internetfitlerland

Okay, i was linked to this by panda on MSN, and id just like to clarify a few things.  When i opened talks with AusBF, it was for a joint server partnership between the two sites, where no site had more power than the other, both worked together to get the server populated for the communities to enjoy.  Max and the admins at AusBF went into talks about aussieclans/gamesdepot getting sponsorship on the AusBF site, much like how we sponsor aussieclans on the homepage.  i became occupied with RL stuff, so i left them to it for a while.  Now it would seem like Max has changed the deal that i was initially setting up, so that AusBF now run the server, and we play a minor role.

However, something you should all remember, Max pays for the server out of her own pocket, so really its up to her what she does with it, we have no right to say what she can and cant do with it.  If she feels she can get a better deal out of AusBF, then thats up to her, and the fact she is letting us continue to admin the server is something we should be happy with.

In the meantime, if Tazz wants to look at a cod4 server for trackr, then you should all support him in doing so if thats what you all want.

no, im not coming back yet
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6757

tazz. wrote:

As i said, I'm looking for a new host.

UPDATE!!!!

Maxxxie has given me access to the "Head Admin" section of the server. I can now continue to do what smokey used to do, and will work with AusBF.

I will still look for a new server, as this, i still believe would be beneficial.
Fixed Gotta use that spellcheck Gl with that, my offer still stands.
https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6162/20234293tl3.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

~Smokey~ wrote:

Okay, i was linked to this by panda on MSN, and id just like to clarify a few things.  When i opened talks with AusBF, it was for a joint server partnership between the two sites, where no site had more power than the other, both worked together to get the server populated for the communities to enjoy.  Max and the admins at AusBF went into talks about aussieclans/gamesdepot getting sponsorship on the AusBF site, much like how we sponsor aussieclans on the homepage.  i became occupied with RL stuff, so i left them to it for a while.  Now it would seem like Max has changed the deal that i was initially setting up, so that AusBF now run the server, and we play a minor role.

However, something you should all remember, Max pays for the server out of her own pocket, so really its up to her what she does with it, we have no right to say what she can and cant do with it.  If she feels she can get a better deal out of AusBF, then thats up to her, and the fact she is letting us continue to admin the server is something we should be happy with.

In the meantime, if Tazz wants to look at a cod4 server for trackr, then you should all support him in doing so if thats what you all want.

no, im not coming back yet
Ok, so in the meantime, i have been given head admin on the server by max. I will still look for a new server for BF2, and COD4 maybe

When we move to trackr, then i will see even more servers, but for know, i think we should stay put.

Thanks smokey for your input, much <3

Any suggestions from the current Admins?
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5994|Aus, Qld
Well, this kinda sucks.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea
1: I thinky AusBF and Aussieclans just scored themselves a new server
2: IMO, we should just go idependant, as if a 20on64 kark server wouldnt be populated
3: Pheonix:

psH wrote:

proceed to gtfo.

Last edited by Pea....Tear.....Griffen (2008-03-21 23:08:03)

Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6456|Newcastle NSW Australia

some_random_panda wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

I don't really care about not having equal admin powers but allowing all admin's to be able to login using deamon could be bad. If someone fucks the server someone with remote access will have to contacted to completely reboot the server.
That's the thing - none of us are head admin's and so none of us can completely reboot it.  We can restart the game, but not much else.
Nah thats not what i meant. Currently we login under rcon in bf2cc. Head admin's login under daemon which allows them to softreset the server but the person who owns the server has to hardreset it if someone fucks it up. Trust me I've fucked my clans server up a lot.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6237|NSW, Australia

io ?????
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

Invaderzim wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

I don't really care about not having equal admin powers but allowing all admin's to be able to login using deamon could be bad. If someone fucks the server someone with remote access will have to contacted to completely reboot the server.
That's the thing - none of us are head admin's and so none of us can completely reboot it.  We can restart the game, but not much else.
Nah thats not what i meant. Currently we login under rcon in bf2cc. Head admin's login under daemon which allows them to softreset the server but the person who owns the server has to hardreset it if someone fucks it up. Trust me I've fucked my clans server up a lot.
Oh, right.  Somehow screwing up the server seems really amusing to me (once I jammed RCON and gravity got stuck at -3).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard