FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
I have.

It was a fucking painfull split, but i think it makes you realise just how important your parents are.

Even though my father was the main reason for the split, the amount of work he puts in to make sure me and my sister are fine is totally amazing.

And in some ways, now the splits happened, the arguements have stopped, and everythings a lot more peaceful now.

Downsides, the household income has pretty much halved. Combined, it was about £130k a year, now it's down to £70k.

70K doesn't stretch far on a £500,000 house.

What are your experiences?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6202
My parents got divorced when I was just over 1 year old.  It's been this way all my life (all that I can remember, anyways), so I guess I'm just used to it.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks
My parents aren't divorced, but my girlfriends parents are and shes not taking it to good. I really dont know how to help and i feel bad about that.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

My parents aren't divorced, but my girlfriends parents are and shes not taking it to good. I really dont know how to help and i feel bad about that.
Just be there for her.

Depends how the split was, but things get ok in the end.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mine divorced when I have 5, and my mom moved directly into another guys house.

lmao whut?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
ScOrPiOn1189
+8|6432|New York
mine got divorced when i was in highschool. it seems that there are few intact families nowadays.
FallenMorgan
+53|5884|Glendale, CA
My parents got legally divorced when I was 7 or so.  My mother left and my dad made up a lie that she was just visiting the relatives on her side of the family in Bakersfield.  After a while he realized that his sick lie wasn't working and she came back.  I don't remember any of that, thank god, it would haunt me like everything else.  My parents live in the same house with me and tolerate eachother to some extent.  My mother has left for a week or more on several occasions in the past, etc.  My life doesn't suck as much but at 13 if I had a gun I would've shot myself.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Fortunately, no. They argue with each other and make fun of each other, but they still love each other.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks

FatherTed wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Just be there for her.

Depends how the split was, but things get ok in the end.
she allways comes to my house after school because her parents are allways yelling and shit. Once we were at a friends house and her dad called her and just started yelling at her. I'm allways there for her.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272
I could not answer your question.

My father lives about 10 minutes away from me and has never been there for me, Talked to him once but he ditched.

By the way, My parents we're never married.

My mother said he ditched on day 1.

Last edited by Bull3t (2008-03-20 18:03:59)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
Parents divorced when I was pretty young, stepdad became alcoholic and beat me and my sisters regularly for years

The current fatherly figure is awesome though.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
doesn't everyone?
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6117|Texas
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Divorce worked out good for me.

It fucked me up too, but in the long run my mom did the right thing.
v3kt0r
+7|6197|in a cave w/ my guns & dope
my folks are dead, which is why I live in a cave w/ my guns and dope.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

My parents are soon-to-be divorced. Their parents on both their sides are divorced, too, so I guess it was obvious it was coming.

They're differences are just in retirement. My dad wants to move away to somewhere quiet and relax, while my mom wants to hang around the suburbs/city and have stuff to do.

Problem is, my dad is making all the money, and my mom doesn't make much at all.

Thankfully I think they're sticking together until at least my younger brother gets to college or even graduates. (I'm in my third year of college right now, have a younger sister who's in her first, brother is a sophomore in high school).

Once the kids are all out of the house and we're all doing our own things, my parents will probably sell the house and go their separate ways.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6117|Texas

v3kt0r wrote:

my folks are dead, which is why I live in a cave w/ my guns and dope.
And a pc for bf2 and pron right?
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6214|TEXAS
Mom and dad split when I was 2 and he moved to Michigan, but when mom went for the big red child support button he went underground till I was 16. When we finally got a civil court case date set up, we get a note in the mail he won't be attending because he is deceased and has been dead for 3 years before that letter came in the mail. Oh boy talk about KARMA!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC
They've been separated for a year, going through the paperwork for divorce now. They don't hate each other though, so I guess I'm lucky compared to people whose parents split after years of yelling at each other.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

FatherTed wrote:

What are your experiences?
You dont wanna know.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6720

Since I was 5, I consider my stepdad to be my real dad anyway.
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6271
My parents split when I was about 9 I think, and now we don't see or hear from him at all. The only contact we have with him is when he sends over the child support money. My mum can't really work because she's still looking after my 9 year old brother and 7 year old sister, so we rely heaps on the money he sends over.

Life kinda sucks like this.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
My dad cheated on my mom in '02...I found out, and didn't talk to my dad for close to 3 months. Divorce happened in '02 as well, obviously.

I then got into a pretty major fight with my mom and moved in with my Dad because of her treatment of me (major change of events, huh) from mid-'03 to late '05. We lived in a small house in a private community, but my dad didn't like driving me to my school every day, so my dad bought my mom out of her house (which is gigantic) and lives there to this day. I was getting really out of shape and was generally not happy living with my dad and his gay rules, so I moved back in with my mom into her small, 3 bedroom 2 bath house and it's currently me, my mom and my 18 year old brother who's in college living together. I got back into shape and I'm very happy living with her. I go over my dad's occasionally (used to be every 2 weeks but it got to be a major hassle) and luckily, my stepmom is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

My dad's a complete asshole when it comes to money though, and is very, very frugal (inb4jewjoke...yes we're jewish) even though he's living in a house with a hot tub, a pool, 2 mercedes cars (one over $100k) and other major commodities. We actually recently had a pretty big fight over money. He claims things "are not his responsibility", which is a horrible thing to say, considering he's...ya know, my father and all. We kind of worked things out on Monday, but we'll see how it goes.

/sobstory

All I know is - as soon as I hit 18, I'm getting the FUCK off this Island and as far away from my family as I can. I wanna be independent already. :S

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-03-20 23:12:04)

Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

eaglecorps wrote:

Mom and dad split when I was 2 and he moved to Michigan, but when mom went for the big red child support button he went underground till I was 16. When we finally got a civil court case date set up, we get a note in the mail he won't be attending because he is deceased and has been dead for 3 years before that letter came in the mail. Oh boy talk about KARMA!
if you're still below the age of 18 you should be able to collect his social security.  you may also be able to collect back pay between the time he died and the time you applied.

just a suggestion.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6814|Waikato, Aotearoa
Mine have divorced. happened back in '93/94? (When I was about 18 or so). Surprisingly enough, it was an amicable split, and both my parents still talk to each other (well kind of) - I mean they still send xmas cards to each other, and when my grandfather passed away last year, they were talking to each other. I guess Im kind of fortunate in that it didnt turn nasty or anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard