Poll

How'd you feel if they built a Mosque in your negihborhood?

I'd be mad and I'd complain about it14%14% - 48
I wouldn't care tbh55%55% - 184
I think it would improve the neighborhood2%2% - 9
Fuck Islam27%27% - 91
Total: 332
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You say Islam pushes their beliefs on us...

Um, you ever hear of a thing called missionaries? And how they were sent to almost every country the west conquered during the age of imperialism? "The White Man's Burden", as Rudyard Kipling put it.

Oh yeah, but a random muslim guy talking about Islam on the streets is "pushing their beliefs" on you. Yeah. Right.

So basically, it's okay for the Christians to do it, but because Muslims do it, it's not? Last time I was in NYC, I was pestered by a CHRISTIAN telling me to change the way I act (even though I was just walking...) or God will reject me in heaven and that I'll suffer greatly during the apocalypse. I felt like saying "I'm jewish, according to the bible I'm already one of the chosen people", but I just IGNORED HIM. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO. Is this like fucking elementary school? You can't ignore someone who you don't want to hear?

Christ. You guys (David, Lowing, etc) are the most intolerant people I've ever met. If someone said "I want judaism out of this country", you'd both be going up in arms about it because it's BIGOTRY. But because it's about Islam and you yourselves are saying it, it's fine apparentely.

Ironically, I was at a dinner party tonight for a relatives 30th birthday. There was a muslim man and his wife there and we were all discussing the elections and politics in the middle east. Just fine. But, you know, according to you guys he's intolerant of other people and wanted to blow all of us up considering everyone there was Jewish except them.
Hmm, I am intolerant and why is that? Because I do not like intolerant religions? Ok no sweat, I will live with that.
Yes, you are. Because you generalize, and you think that an entire religion is intolerant because of the actions of some, and you want it out of this country.

You can shape it any way you want, but the bottom line is (and most people here agree with me) is that YOU are the only intolerant person here.

eaglecorps wrote:

Aww c'mon you guys leave lowing alone for God sakes. He got his views and you shouldn't judge. Stick do the damn topic at hand for fuck sake!
hi were having this thign its called a debate we talk abot stuf and discus it and sumetiems da topc shiftz ok thx bai

If you don't want your views judged, DON'T FUCKING POST. K? K. <3
I will argue that the violence and intolerance of Islam throughout entire regions of the world would constitute more than just "some"

I will also argue that since I have been bombarded with just how small a population of Muslims there are in the US and Europe, that peace and tolerance within this religion is the exception and not the rule. Therefore I can conclude that you are guilty of "generalizing" when you say Islam IS a peaceful and tolerant relgion, based on the actions of a few.

Take a look at a map of the most concentrated Islamic regions of the world, then think about all of the violent and troubled hot spots in the world, you will see that they pretty much match. THat is not "generalizing" that is a fact.
here let me help, http://www.swivel.com/graphs/map/15071186

So if Muslims wanna leave their home countries to come to the US to escape the violence and intolerance of ISLAM there, I can hardly blame them. THat is why I do not want ISLAM here and can differenciate between the religion and the people.

Do not bring Islam to my country and do to it what Islam has done to the ME.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS
Take a look at a map of the most concentrated Islamic regions of the world, then think about all of the violent and troubled hot spots in the world, you will see that they pretty much match. THat is not "generalizing" that is a fact.
And you don't think that being poor led them to Islam? In such a chaotic life they would probably be drawn to such a strict, regimented lifestyle.

Not saying this is good, but I seriously doubt Islam is the cause of these places being shitholes.

Question: Would you, if given the chance, revoke any or all protections of the freedoms of religion to 'get rid of Islam'? Or would you keep your views to yourself, respecting the fact that your country allows all religions?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Spark wrote:

Take a look at a map of the most concentrated Islamic regions of the world, then think about all of the violent and troubled hot spots in the world, you will see that they pretty much match. That is not "generalizing" that is a fact.
And you don't think that being poor led them to Islam? In such a chaotic life they would probably be drawn to such a strict, regimented lifestyle.

Not saying this is good, but I seriously doubt Islam is the cause of these places being shitholes.

Question: Would you, if given the chance, revoke any or all protections of the freedoms of religion to 'get rid of Islam'? Or would you keep your views to yourself, respecting the fact that your country allows all religions?
Frankly, I do not care. The fact is Islam is a culture a way of life and a society every bit as much as it is a religion, and the undeniable fact is ( look at the map) where ever there is Islam there is trouble.
Now do not come back to me with "Islam is in Europe and the US and there is no trouble", because all of you have done nothing if not scream at me how insignificant the populations of Muslims are in the US and Europe. So that pretty much rules out that argument.

Islam is the cause of these regions not being allowed to move forward and grow the fuck up with the rest of world.

To answer your question, no I would not revoke any constitutional rights to "git rid of Islam", I would keep my views to myself and simply move to where Islam is not prevalent.

Now, Spark, do I have a point? Are my views a little more justified or do you think I am a hater because, they "simply dress funny", or some other dumb ass reason?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6771|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

You have never not once shown that I have posted that I hate Muslims or that I think ALL Muslims are extremists....If I said it, the fucking post it. Do not post something that you INTERPRET as me saying I hate muslims etc......If I said it then POST IT.
You said something even worse.  I can't find it but I remember you saying that extremists didn't worry you as much as the moderate ones, because moderates don't speak out against extremists.  And further more, you said that those rioting around the world coz of the cartoons and other BS, weren't extremists but moderate Muslims.  So, you aren't saying that all Muslims are extremists, but you are saying that both extremists and moderates are to blame for the failures of Islam.
Yeah, I will admit to this, but let me ask ya a question, if you do not want to blame the 10 extremists and the 1.5 billion muslims for the failure of Islam, who exactly do you wanna blame? Let me guess.......WHITEY!!
The extremists?  The conservative nutters?  Certainly I won't blame the moderate Muslims.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

lowing wrote:

I will argue that the violence and intolerance of Islam throughout entire regions of the world would constitute more than just "some"

I will also argue that since I have been bombarded with just how small a population of Muslims there are in the US and Europe, that peace and tolerance within this religion is the exception and not the rule.
There you go again. Arguing that (virtually) all Muslims are extremists. For someone who claims not to be arguing that point you do seem to do an awful lot of it.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6237|Brisneyland
Where ever there is Islam there is trouble eh???
Not true, cases in point, Turkey- quite safe place. Egypt - rare terrorist attack otherwise very safe. Saudi Arabia- safe. Lybia is closed off from the world but is a safe place. There are many more in the map that you linked. It is a lie to say that with Islam goes trouble.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

Not true, cases in point, Turkey- quite safe place. Egypt - rare terrorist attack otherwise very safe. Saudi Arabia- safe. Lybia is closed off from the world but is a safe place. There are many more in the map that you linked. It is a lie to say that with Islam goes trouble.
Saudi Arabia safe?

I dunno what kind of fantasy world you're living in if you think there's no trouble in Saudi Arabia....
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6237|Brisneyland
I just checked some facts. You are right Bert, Saudi is a hot spot for terrorism ( although it has a very low homicide rate). I am wrong there. However the overall point should be evident, and that is - Islam in a country does not equal trouble.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I will also argue that since I have been bombarded with just how small a population of Muslims there are in the US and Europe, that peace and tolerance within this religion is the exception and not the rule.
There you go again. Arguing that (virtually) all Muslims are extremists. For someone who claims not to be arguing that point you do seem to do an awful lot of it.
That is not what I said......now, stop trying to dodge my post and comment on what I actually DID say.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

Safe really?? I bet you would argue that Iraq was "safe" during Saddam's rules since it had a low crime rate as well.

How are women treated in these "safe" countries. How about homosexuals??
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

That is not what I said......now, stop trying to dodge my post and comment on what I actually DID say.
Violence and intolerance of Islam throughout entire regions of the world, peace and tolerance within this religion is the exception and not the rule - That's exactly what you're saying.

Unless you're saying that all Muslims, not just extremists, are violent and intolerant? Which is it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Violence and intolerance of Islam throughout entire regions of the world, peace and tolerance within this religion is the exception and not the rule - That's exactly what you're saying.

Unless you're saying that all Muslims, not just extremists, are violent and intolerant? Which is it?
I said the religion is violent and intolerant.......Are you saying that it is not??
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

There is no distinction between 'a Muslim' and 'a follower of Islam'.

If you hate Islam, you hate Muslims.

Do we need to spell this out any clearer?
Wow, just wow.  You really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Wow.

hint:  Muslim = Person
         Islam = Religion
         Christian = Person
         Christianity = Religion
         Scorpion0x17 = Should read more and post less
Let me ask the one person contributing to this thread with any authority:

Poseidon - am I right?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I said the religion is violent and intolerant.......Are you saying that it is not??
Bullshit.

You're saying behaviour in a region is not manifest by its people? Then you're an idiot.

And yes I'm saying that Islam is no more inherently violent than any of the Abrahamic religions.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-03-23 10:54:03)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6552|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hmm, I am intolerant and why is that? Because I do not like intolerant religions? Ok no sweat, I will live with that.
Yes, you are. Because you generalize, and you think that an entire religion is intolerant because of the actions of some, and you want it out of this country.

You can shape it any way you want, but the bottom line is (and most people here agree with me) is that YOU are the only intolerant person here.

eaglecorps wrote:

Aww c'mon you guys leave lowing alone for God sakes. He got his views and you shouldn't judge. Stick do the damn topic at hand for fuck sake!
hi were having this thign its called a debate we talk abot stuf and discus it and sumetiems da topc shiftz ok thx bai

I will also argue that since I have been bombarded with just how small a population of Muslims there are in the US and Europe, that peace and tolerance within this religion is the exception and not the rule. Therefore I can conclude that you are guilty of "generalizing" when you say Islam IS a peaceful and tolerant relgion, based on the actions of a few.

So if Muslims wanna leave their home countries to come to the US to escape the violence and intolerance of ISLAM there, I can hardly blame them. THat is why I do not want ISLAM here and can differenciate between the religion and the people.

Where the fuck in America do you see 1) Terrorism by Muslims 2) Rioting by muslims 3) Large scale protests by muslims 4) Muslims interrupting your daily activities? You DON'T. I think you just want them to, so you have an excuse to not like Islam.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Bullshit.

You're saying behaviour in a region is not manifest by its people? Then you're an idiot.

And yes I'm saying that Islam is no more inherently violent than any of the Abrahamic religions.
While interpretation and cultural context are everything, it can be easily said that Islam currently has the biggest problem with intolerance and hate of any major religion.

If you don't believe me, observe how intolerant much of the Middle East is with respect to its treatment of non-Muslims and with respect to its abuses against women.

Christianity had to go through a lot of changes before it reached its more peaceful current existence, and now, Islam is going through that process.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-03-23 11:06:53)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Where the fuck in America do you see 1) Terrorism by Muslims 2) Rioting by muslims 3) Large scale protests by muslims 4) Muslims interrupting your daily activities? You DON'T. I think you just want them to, so you have an excuse to not like Islam.
If you had actually read my post you would have see nthat I already addressed your point and shot it down before you even made it.

It has been argued on this forum that the Muslim population in the US and Europe is insignificant, therefore their contribution as an example of Islamic behavior is likewise insignificant.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bullshit.

While interpretation and cultural context are everything, it can be easily said that Islam currently has the biggest problem with intolerance and hate of any major religion.

If you don't believe me, observe how intolerant much of the Middle East is with respect to its treatment of non-Muslims and with respect to its abuses against women.

Christianity had to go through a lot of changes before it reached its more peaceful current existence, and now, Islam is going through that process.
there ya have it, straight from a guy that rarely agrees with me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

There is no distinction between 'a Muslim' and 'a follower of Islam'.

If you hate Islam, you hate Muslims.

Do we need to spell this out any clearer?

Wow.

Islam = Religion
         Christian = Person
         Christianity = Religion

Poseidon - am I right?
Considering I'm probably the only one here who is very, very close with a Muslim - yes, you are. If you do not like a "muslim", it means you do not like them because of their beliefs. If you do not like "Islam", you do not like every practicing PERSON in the entire religion because of their beliefs. It's as simple as that. It's like saying "I hate christianity!". You might as well just say "Fuck christians". Now, if lowing said "I don't agree with what they preach, but I don't mind them here", it'd be fine. But the fact that he wants it OUT of the country further proves the point of you and I.

I know lowing doesn't like muslims. I know he doesn't. Everyone else here knows that too. He's just not going to say it in fear of further being labeled intolerant (which is exactly what he thinks Islam is).

Yeah, let's fight the "intolerant" religion with more intolerance! Booyah!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Poseidon wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Wow.

Islam = Religion
         Christian = Person
         Christianity = Religion

Poseidon - am I right?
Considering I'm probably the only one here who is very, very close with a Muslim - yes, you are. If you do not like a "muslim", it means you do not like them because of their beliefs. If you do not like "Islam", you do not like every practicing PERSON in the entire religion because of their beliefs. It's as simple as that. It's like saying "I hate christianity!". You might as well just say "Fuck christians". Now, if lowing said "I don't agree with what they preach, but I don't mind them here", it'd be fine. But the fact that he wants it OUT of the country further proves the point of you and I.

I know lowing doesn't like muslims. I know he doesn't. Everyone else here knows that too. He's just not going to say it in fear of further being labeled intolerant (which is exactly what he thinks Islam is).

I can not help it if you are in denial as to what this religions track record is.

I do not like soccer, does this mean I hate soccer players...I don't think so
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

lowing wrote:

Not comparable. Again.

Because Soccer is not an ideology.

It's just inductive reasoning again and again with you lowing....
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Poseidon - am I right?

I can not help it if you are in denial as to what this religions track record is.

Honestly, are you fucking stupid or can you just not read? I've said multiple times that I know that Islam has it's extremists and certain parts of it are extremely violent/fundamentalist.

God, it's like talking to a god damn brick wall.

As Bertster said - it's impossible to compare Soccer and Islam. Soccer's not an ideology. Nice try though.

Just as followers of Islam are probably like 95% very religious. If you want Islam out, you're basically inferring you want the followers of Islam out too. Meaning you're IN-FUCKING-TOLERANT. Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket.

If you had actually read my post you would have see nthat I already addressed your point and shot it down before you even made it.

It has been argued on this forum that the Muslim population in the US and Europe is insignificant, therefore their contribution as an example of Islamic behavior is likewise insignificant.
So if they have such a low number of people (5-8 million people say several sources), why the fuck do you want it out of this country?

If they're such a small number of people and insignificant (as YOU said), and they're not rioting, not going around bombing busses, not blowing up buildings, etc etc.

While yes, there have been a few plots broken up (JFK Explosion Plot, Airliner plot of '06), they've been done by less than...50 people? Must I remind you of: Timothy McVeigh, The Unabomber, Cho (V-Tech), the Columbine massacre, Eric Rudolph...but no, only muslims are the purporters of terrorism. Of course.

You're scared. That's all. You're terrified of Islam. You're so freaked out that all of the muslims in America are going to declare jihad on the country they LOVE.

Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

You'll find that it's not only Islamic extremists commit acts of terrorism.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-03-23 11:35:50)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Not comparable. Again.

Nope it isn't but Islam is, and it is ideology that is based on violence and intolerance and I disapprove of that ideology. I make it  a strange habit to avoid shit I do not like. I do not cigarette smoke so I do not frequent establishments where people are free to smoke. I do not like NASCAR or soccer so I do not attend. I do not like Florida in summer, so I do not go to Florida in summer, and I do not like Islamic ideology becausee I do not agree with its position on women and non-muslims and homosexuals etc ALL PROVEN MIND YOU........THEREFORE, I do not want it in my fuckin face. How and why is that so hard to understand?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Not comparable. Again.

Nope it isn't but Islam is, and it is ideology that is based on violence and intolerance and I disapprove of that ideology. I make it  a strange habit to avoid shit I do not like. I do not cigarette smoke so I do not frequent establishments where people are free to smoke. I do not like NASCAR or soccer so I do not attend. I do not like Florida in summer, so I do not go to Florida in summer, and I do not like Islamic ideology becausee I do not agree with its position on women and non-muslims and homosexuals etc ALL PROVEN MIND YOU........THEREFORE, I do not want it in my fuckin face. How and why is that so hard to understand?
You realize that the bible has just as much of a hard stance on Homosexuals, Non-Christians and Women, right? Hell, even the Torah does.

Where in America do you see women being treated like they are in places like fundamentalist Saudi Arabia? Where do you see them stoning homosexuals? Where do you see them beheading non-muslims? Oh, that's right...you don't.

How is it in your face? Do you have muslims invading your home? Do you see Muslim culture EVERYWHERE you look? Are you forced to listen to Muslims trying to convert you?

No. You don't.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

How'd you feel if they built a Mosque in your neighborhood?
So long as the screaming wasn't too loud.

Really who cares?
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard