Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA
@ aimless: not getting it pulled. getting it root canaled.

@K-J: my mom says that a root canal with a live tooth is the most excruciating pain she's ever felt. a dead tooth, on the other hand, is like taking a nap.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Ive had loads of them in the hope they save my teeth as usually the nerve has died.  Hence, no pain but that means the blood flow to the tooth has died aswell.

Mine usually last 18 months/2 years and then Im back having half a tooth removed as the tooht is hollow and snapped and all kinds of shit.

In some cases with me they have had to burn the remaining part of the nerve and Im looking at the dentist and his young chick with him and she got a lighter in her hand and I can see smoke going towards my mouth and Im like

"Gok the guck goo gink ya gooing, gugging gock ik"  Its funy but they can always understand you when your mouths wide open like that stuffed wite little pads and your numb.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Had one when I was 9. It was only painful when the drill hit my root, couldn't feel it at any other time. My nerve was dead I think, so that might be why I didn't feel anything. (I smashed my front teeth at some bouncy play device, now THAT hurt like hell)

Last edited by PBAsydney (2008-03-20 04:37:58)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

PBAsydney wrote:

Had one when I was 9. It was only painful when the drill hit my root, couldn't feel it at any other time. My nerve was dead I think, so that might be why I didn't feel anything. (I smashed my front teeth at some bouncy play device, now THAT hurt like hell)
wow that sucks. if it was a baby tooth they could have just pulled it lol.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia
What causes you to have a root canal anyway? Can you never have one if you brush/floss/etc, or are there other factors at play?

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

What causes you to have a root canal anyway? Can you never have one if you brush/floss/etc, or are there other factors at play?
Normal tooth decay, gingivitus maybe (no not to do with the colour of your pubes, more gum receding) absess sometimes, normal filling failure a few things I think.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA
@sup3r:

a lot of different things. the stuff 1927 said for sure, but you can also get one via a sinus infection, eye infections, genetics (poorly formed teeth that don't protect the root, like me).

to clarify: an absess happens in one of two situations. the first is purely the death of the root, the second is because of infection. if you need a root canal because of a cavity you've got an absess too, guarenteed. also,  you REALLY fucked up your brushing.

@everybody. well, i went in at 8 PST today and got my tooth turned into a cave. didn't feel a thing. thank god for Novocaine and dead teeth. i took some Tylenol, but when i was drinking water most of it spilled out because i can't move the left half of my face.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Ender2309 wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Negative, I had already grown the adult ones at the front .

They were bent inwards at a 30° angle, it was quite freaky.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

PBAsydney wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Negative, I had already grown the adult ones at the front .

They were bent inwards at a 30° angle, it was quite freaky.
that sounds so awful i just flinched. no joke. i feel your pain, even though my root canal didn't hurt at all. i was shaking like a baby though. the nice little tool platter they had out was the most uninviting thing i've seen in my life.

Ender2309 wrote:

@sup3r:

a lot of different things. the stuff 1927 said for sure, but you can also get one via a sinus infection, eye infections, genetics (poorly formed teeth that don't protect the root, like me).

to clarify: an absess happens in one of two situations. the first is purely the death of the root, the second is because of infection. if you need a root canal because of a cavity you've got an absess too, guarenteed. also,  you REALLY fucked up your brushing.

@everybody. well, i went in at 8 PST today and got my tooth turned into a cave. didn't feel a thing. thank god for Novocaine and dead teeth. i took some Tylenol, but when i was drinking water most of it spilled out because i can't move the left half of my face.
Oh shit, well hope the numbness clears up and you have no complications with it afterwards and you made me wince when you said Sinus Infection, its like a headache but in your face, toothache, headache, earache all concentrated in one area.

Toothache is the worst pain ever I reckon and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

1927 wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

@sup3r:

Oh shit, well hope the numbness clears up and you have no complications with it afterwards and you made me wince when you said Sinus Infection, its like a headache but in your face, toothache, headache, earache all concentrated in one area.

Toothache is the worst pain ever I reckon and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
a dying nerve is worse. you have unlocalized pain (the other night fucking half my mouth felt like it was being drilled without Novocaine), so its like toothaches all over the place.

i dunno if its the worst, but its definitely the most persistent and annoying thing i've ever felt.

Ender2309 wrote:

1927 wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

@sup3r:

a dying nerve is worse. you have unlocalized pain (the other night fucking half my mouth felt like it was being drilled without Novocaine), so its like toothaches all over the place.

i dunno if its the worst, but its definitely the most persistent and annoying thing i've ever felt.
Yeah thats a good one aswell, you cant point to the area when your in "The Chair" and feel silly.

I don't know if your old enough to drive but everytime my car clunks, I take it to the garage, pull in and the bloody thing stops clunking.  My teeth dont clunk but same thing with them sometimes, its as if I walk in the dentists and my teeth are having a party "weee heee we can stop playing p now we're here".
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I was expecting a HL2 thread
should try reading the entire title next time.
Ignoring the text in caps will get you further in life.
Try telling that to my Uncle Ben.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

Yea, it does hurt. My dentist is polish and like a fucking butcher.

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

should try reading the entire title next time.
Ignoring the text in caps will get you further in life.
Try telling that to my Uncle Ben.
Tell him his Microwaveable rice is fucking excellent, comes out perfect everytime but his Sweat n Sour sauce needs more pineapple, tight bastard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard