FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
Why do people chat shite about console players?

Examples:

millmax wrote:

The massive autoaim of the consoles throws me right off
Hardly "massive"

Swope wrote:

PC > console
Purely opinion

karl wrote:

lol FPS on XBOX or PS3 sux it takes allot of time turning around.
Little tab for sensitivity. Go fetch.

That's just a little taster, taken purely from the CoD4 forums.

I like PC gaming, hell i first got into gaming on the PC. Yet i really honestly do enjoy console game's, particularly FPS's.

I guess the main arguments break down to tech issues, or just general unfounded hate.

Your opinions?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France
My car is better than yours
My wife's got bigger boobs
My country is better than yours
My Dad can beat up your Dad
Your Mom is hot
I shit bigger than you

Shall I go on?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6447

Well, this is more of a PC gaming forums, hence BF2. If you go to like gametrailers.com, where 75% are console gamers.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
PC = FPS/RTS

Console = EVERYTHING ELSE (I played CoD 4 on console and it felt really normal, the only time FPS has felt normal for me on a console)
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
Well, i like both, but prefer PC for FPS.

I like the PS3 and don't like the 360, if only 'cause of the controller (don't harm me kptk ) (you DO have a 360, right?)

Anyway, i'm not a fanboy of the PS3, but im just rambling on now.

I prefer sports games on consoles because the controls are easier, and games like GTA on consoles.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
The only thing we have on common here is that we all have computers and at one time or another played a PC game. This forum is based around a computer game so you gotta expect a little bias. Everyone knows the pro's and con's of both by now.

Inb4sam.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6639|Your moms bedroom
do they make mouses for console???

can i make a million bucks by designing one?

hah just remember the mariopaint for snes

Last edited by Locoloki (2008-03-19 09:58:58)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6411|Belgium
PC = everything
Console = everything

It's just up to you to decide what works for you and what doesn't. Some formulas are perhaps more suited for one type but that doesn't mean the other can't be entertaining as well for people.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6560|Southampton, UK

FatherTed wrote:

karl wrote:

But then when you want to move about an inch to look and fire quickly, you move and look in the opposte direction because of sensitivity.
Im agree'ing with this guys point. Console looking does infact suck in comparison to pin point mouse accuracy.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
Console player blow on the CD's or cartridges before putting it in the console. PC gamers do not.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6639|Montréal, Québec
Personally i don't hate console gaming, at the time i only have a stupid Wii ( which i don't really like,its my sister's console nway..) but i've played CoD4 at one of my friend's house and its pretty cool !! The thing is that it depend of your setup on both side... If you have a crappy Pc with a 17" CRT , then your gaming experience is reduced. But if you have a high-end Pc with a 20" + LCD monitor then you might have an advantage on console because you can play much more games then a xbox-ps3-wii console... On the other side, if you got a console, its pretty much the same thing for everyone, exept the TV you got ( my friend had a 42" 1080p) but there is also controllers... He had a mouse and mini controller with a joystick & buttons, so that make a fuckin big difference in FPS.

So its up to the person...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

naightknifar wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

karl wrote:

But then when you want to move about an inch to look and fire quickly, you move and look in the opposte direction because of sensitivity.
Im agree'ing with this guys point. Console looking does infact suck in comparison to pin point mouse accuracy.
At first, i'd probably agree with you. But when you get used to it, it's natural.

Also, everyone on a console has the same disadvantage, so it balences out.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6131|Scotland!
played cod3 for a while on consoles. felt awkward and I hated people watching me play cause it's too slow and bulky to get the cool strafing insta snap to head kills that I enjoy on pc FPS games.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6387|New York
I like PC gaming and Console gaming equally. Each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I grew up on consoles, so I really enjoy playing on them. It's nice to get in front of an HDTV that's 10 feet away (or more) and sit on a couch rather than sitting in front of a monitor that's 2 ft away from my face.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Unlike my sex life I like a bit of both.

I enjoy giving the kids a run around on the Wii on Sunday afternoons they txt me while I was in work today to say "Mario Kart April 11th" thats the reason I bought the thing more than any.

I love pc gaming as myself and my mates have a right laugh playing till the early hours pissed up and went on the lash in Bournmouth for a weekend. If it wasn't for BF2 I wouldn't of mate such cracking lads.

I prefer PC but would never say Consoles are for homo's/is shit etc etc. Cant be millions are in existance around the world.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

I dont hate consoles, just the xbox and 360

fps, rts = pc

other = ps
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6722|SPARTA
why i hate em? look at the console games. i smell console conversions from a mile away, so dumb and plain are they.
but serious, real games = pc
                  fast and simple entertainment = console

p.s. : im a nintendo fan, so i dont really hate em
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6549|CH/BR - in UK

Until I can use keyboard and mouse for console FPS' I'm not going near them. Anything else, I like.

-konfusion
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6479|Somewhere else

Computers can do so much more, and as the consoles catch up to theses abilities, they are basically becoming PCs, only upgrading is very limited.

Plus, the Price, holy god the PS3 and 360 are expensive.  While PCs do cost more, Pcs are about as common as TVs anymore, and Console are more of an extra toy than a standard home electronic.

I have nothing against Consoles, I don't see much of a point for them cosnidering PC capability covers most of them.  Then again, I don't like the idea of a monopolized gaming market, anymore so than it already is anyhow.

However,  the Wii took the console style in a new direction, which I think is very cool.   Pretty soon some company will release controlllers that plug into the USB that are similiar in use to the Wii contollers.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-03-19 12:13:25)

jord

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Computers can do so much more, and as the consoles catch up to theses abilities, they are basically becoming PCs, only upgrading is very limited.

Plus, the Price, holy god the PS3 and 360 are expensive.  While PCs do cost more, Pcs are about as common as TVs anymore, and Console are more of an extra toy than a standard home electronic.

I have nothing against Consoles, I don't see much of a point for them cosnidering PC capability covers most of them.  Then again, I don't like the idea of a monopolized gaming market, anymore so than it already is anyhow.

However,  the Wii took the console style in a new direction, which I think is very cool.   Pretty soon some company will release controlllers that plug into the USB that are similiar in use to the Wii contollers.
Simplicity. I know for a fact that when I buy a 360 game it is going to work. I don't need to worry about specs, installation crashing, lag, drivers etc. You see PC's being upgradable as a good thing. For the average Joe that isn't loaded, and hasn't got PC knowledge it means we have to shell out big money to play a new game. Which is ridiculous. Asking around a few months back I found out it would cost me £600 to play COD4...
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6132|Carnoustie, Scotland
Everyone can buy a console.
Not many people can buy a high spec PC and put it together.

Console has an influx of TARDS and those who buy decent enough Pre-made PCs to run games are too retarded to install the game.

So therefor PC'rs have a much better community.

Have you seen/heard how many RETARDS there are on CoD4 Online with their balls in the stomachs? Fucking annoys me. I quit playing CoD4 on Xbox a long time ago. Hell, I think I'm gunna cancle my membership online. I only play offline games now anyway. The only DECENT XBL game was Halo, and I'm fed up of l0o0l0ol pwnz0rd n00b lol pwnd j00!! (It happens, it's not a myth.)

FUCK XBOX.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6549|CH/BR - in UK

Funky_Finny wrote:

Console has an influx of TARDS and those who buy decent enough Pre-made PCs to run games are too retarded to install the game.

Have you seen/heard how many RETARDS there are on CoD4 Online with their balls in the stomachs? Fucking annoys me. I quit playing CoD4 on Xbox a long time ago. Hell, I think I'm gunna cancle my membership online. I only play offline games now anyway. The only DECENT XBL game was Halo, and I'm fed up of l0o0l0ol pwnz0rd n00b lol pwnd j00!! (It happens, it's not a myth.)

FUCK XBOX.
As much as I detest consoles - PCs attract at least as many idiots as consoles do. And I have to say that in terms of cost, playing games on consoles is much cheaper. PS3, that is - XBox will make you buy extra stuff so you can play online.

But yeah - there are retards all around. Just poke your head into any CSS or WoW server - it's the reason I have neither

I will buy a PS3 when I get into uni, but my dad would not let me have one at home right now - besides, the IB isn't leaving me much time to do other stuff.

-konfusion
=DB4D=Slight
+8|6184
PC has the history of on-line gaming, so has a much longer and deeper community. On-line playing with the PC, especially in the early days, could be a bit of an art! Any fuckwit can plug a console in, so you get a much more committed community with PC, that and modding. You'd never get anyone doing something like CS (a mod) or a DoD (a mod) or Desert Conflict for a console.

I've not played console for years, since PS2, and I've never played on-line with a console, so I can't really comment, but I would suspect that while graphics and sound would be awesome, the game play would be a bit suspect. I do fancy one of those Wii s though
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6132|Carnoustie, Scotland

konfusion wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

FUCK XBOX.
As much as I detest consoles - PCs attract at least as many idiots as consoles do. And I have to say that in terms of cost, playing games on consoles is much cheaper. PS3, that is - XBox will make you buy extra stuff so you can play online.

But yeah - there are retards all around. Just poke your head into any CSS or WoW server - it's the reason I have neither

I will buy a PS3 when I get into uni, but my dad would not let me have one at home right now - besides, the IB isn't leaving me much time to do other stuff.

-konfusion
Where did I say anything about cost?
I know it costs more to build a PC, but you get SO much more!
Plus, WoW is for nerds and if you DO play it, you don't deserve to die.
CSS, who plays that anymore?
jord

Funky_Finny wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

FUCK XBOX.

-konfusion
Where did I say anything about cost?
I know it costs more to build a PC, but you get SO much more!
Plus, WoW is for nerds and if you DO play it, you don't deserve to die.
CSS, who plays that anymore?
CSS is still one of the most popular PC games. Only PC game I play anyway, not shelling out £500 to play new games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard