d4rkph03n1x
+131|6750

In many FPS games, namely Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike:Source, snipers are extremely valuable assets in locking down a position with supreme firepower and advantage of distance/position. Take players like Danny "fRoD" Montaner for instance. One of the most popular gamers of late. He is widely regarded as the best sniper in the world for CSS, and his contribution to his team, has many a time, spurred them onto a commanding position in matches. You have to have practice, dedication and skill to be this good.

The sniper in Battlefield 2 is an impractical kit to play in scrimmages, simply because of the medic. You can't get enough accurate shots off to kill the player and the medic before they're both up and running again. The sniper in public games of bf2 can help by damaging enemy players, and spotting out enemies for closer infantry players, and it does happen often. Claymores can stop attacks on flags pretty damn easily. Once again, it takes a lot of time to get good at sniping in BF2, and playing the kit. Snipers lack really "heavy" CQC abilities, which is why they have claymores and the silenced pistol.  Don't like it? Go back to your tank and spawn rape karkand, or get some clue and a pair of balls and man up to admit that you're not the best in some situations.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
If hitboxes would be good in bf2...sniper would be the best kit after medic imo.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Special_Op wrote:

I agree that snipers camping on an oil platform are shit.
Exactly.

As for the tank - of course it takes more skill. A good tank driver can win the entire round for his team! (if the commander drops crates and several infantry player are close by).
On Ghost Town, my tank is a threat to attack helis, they have hard times 
A sniper can do that too on the right place and moment.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6446|Wales
Depends 95% of snipers = useless thats a fact. ALot are those noobs with around  >5k points and think sniping is the best thing ever.

Other 5% or those like Barrakuda who not only play for kills but play to win the round. I'm pretty sure if you check his stats he'd have a high wlr due to him controlling rounds.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

I didn't bother to read because it was written by some idiot who sits in mainbases in a tank and sucks at this game.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
when they stay in the oil rigs they just put themselves a target in the face. You just need to be at the top building to get them easilly. From that spot you cover like 80% of the map.
The oil rigs are also easy targets for a tank shell or an attack chopper.

A good sniper is the one that:
- takes the time to do the shot, one bullet directly to the head.
- Helps the advancing squad from behind front lines by spotting and hurting/killing enemies near flags.

A shitty sniper is the one that:
- stays in the same spot all round, no matter theyre getting raped there.
- is a SVD cracker.......
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City

Nikola Bathory wrote:

On Ghost Town, my tank is a threat to attack helis, they have hard times 
thats why GT is the best map of the game. No vehicle has an advantage. Takes skill to finish with a kdr of 5:1 (or a lot of noobs at the enemy team)
Barrakuda777
+86|6737|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

A shitty sniper is the one that: - is a SVD cracker.......
O Rly?

This is a topic about bad players, not bad snipers. And it is OP is a tankwhore - nuff said.

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2008-03-19 11:13:08)

thepilot91
+64|6237|Åland!

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Snipers really don't know what the BF series is all about! wtf? How can they be so "stooped"?
These days I play a lot Ghost Town 24/7. Very often, our team has 1 or both of the oil platform flags (the islands, you know). And very often we have some snipers there. They spend the ENTIRE round there, without moving, just sniping. What's wrong with that, you may ask? Well, even if the enemy comes and takes the flag - no reaction from our snipers! I guess they never look at the minimap. THey have their backs turned on the flag and continue to snipe as if nothing has happend!! Why not get down there and take the FLAG???
But no, they are not interested, Useless scum! I hate snipers all the way from BF1942, I hate that kit since then At least in Bf2 they have claymores, which is pretty much the only reason to use that kit. Oh, there is another reason - you can TK for the heli, how cool, eh?....

Rant over.
you're just one of those nadespammers/claywh0res and probably mediwh0re g36e n00b bunny and so on...regular bf2 nub who plays bf2 / bf games the easy way= the way that ruins the whole game...i dunno if you are but i suppose...anyway its not cos they are playing the kit sniper they dont do anything...its simply because theyre unobservat nubs...any good player (sniper or not) looks around and see whats going on YES EVEN A SNIPER OMGZORS! so its just the player who sux not the kit (if you handle it right=no claywh0ring)
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

A shitty sniper is the one that:
- is a SVD cracker.......
You called me a hacker for doing that once.

SVD is semi auto with 10 bullets and re-centers itself. Lots of times its much smarter to spam 3 body shots then waste time lining up a headshot.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6287|eng

Toilet Sex wrote:

I didn't bother to read because it was written by some idiot who sits in mainbases in a tank and sucks at this game.
To be fair, he is entitled to his opinion, and he is actually quite good in a tank.

But in this case, his opinion is wrong. I shall go on to name a few snipers who are brilliant, jsut to prove a point.

[*] Barrakuda777
[*] dont_be_ss
[*] LordOfWar843
[*] raidensen
[*] hintakaari
[*] K3rT6699
[*] the_black_rat(ss)
[*] cypress_mesiah
[*] Drunk_Musketeer

I could go on and on Bathory..

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-03-20 00:49:18)

#rekt
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

Mint Sauce wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

To be fair, he is entitled to his opinion, and he is actually quite good in a tank.
I never said he wasn't...

And all I've seen him do is sit in a mainbase (and get knifed by me), so I'll base my opinion on what I've seen him do.

edit:

thepilot91 wrote:

so its just the player who sux not the kit

thepilot91 wrote:

you're just one of those nadespammers/claywh0res and probably mediwh0re g36e n00b bunny and so on...regular bf2 nub
lol

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2008-03-19 11:49:25)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Titlefailthread wrote:

Snipers = useless n00bs who can't play FPS games
FPS. First Person Shooter, Shooter Sounds strangely familiar to what Snipers to.

Last edited by RDMC (2008-03-19 11:50:16)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

RDMC wrote:

Titlefailthread wrote:

FPS. First Person Shooter, Shooter Sounds strangely familiar to what Snipers to.
Nobody said snipers don't shoot, or that snipers aren't first person shooters.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

I'm Jamesey wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Titlefailthread wrote:

Nobody said snipers don't shoot, or that snipers aren't first person shooters.
Snipers are n00bs who can't play FPS. By shooting in first person you are actually playing.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6413|Belgium

Barrakuda777 wrote:

I have the perfect SS response to this on my computer at home.

Its basiclally a round from the BF2s vs BFstats match where a sniper sits at the top of the scoreboard. I believe tank bitch OP was playing and managed a rather poor showing.

How about you dont generalise about snipers, I know many dozens that would beat you into dust.... but then, thats why you play armour right?

If you wish to vent about pathetic players, feel free to also include people that TK for vehicles as a crutch for their only way of surviving in a game.

/rant

Anytime bub.

Kooda

P.S.

Yes, that's a useless sniper in 1st vs the OP in a tank in 11th. GG.
You did own pretty hard during that game <3
I on the other hand didn't But I had good fun and was part of a rather efficient squad.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

Barrakuda777 wrote:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280 … chRND1.jpg

gg
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Toilet Sex wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

gg
Tbh everyone plays sniper on mashtuur, therefore you were fighting tons of useless noobs while the tank whore in the OP was fighting the only players with skill who went out to cap flags.

You vs every useless sniper on the other team on mashtuur means of course you'd be first.

It's also the same reason mashtuur sucks to play.
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6585|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I rate playing Sniper by maps...

Best Sniper map has to be Sharqi Peninsula.  I've seen it where US snipers can hold the MEC at the construction site the entire game.  Claymores in the TV station and shooting the choppers down with the .50 cal.   The only way to lose is a massive assault by the other team or no one to stop the tanks coming in or letting the Hind rape the TV station.

Ghost Town is great for snipers since you actually have a way to get on buildings (zip lines + other squad members with grappling hooks) and terrorize people from above.

Mashturr is good for snipers, but too many on one team can cause you to lose quickly.  Once the mosque goes...it's pretty much a lost map.  The snipers there just sit on random buildings too far from any flags.

Karkand is an all purpose map, and I've seen it go stalemate the whole round just like jalalabad with snipers sitting on the hill with medics reviving them.  It's an almost pistol/knife situation.  If I go as assault, and run for a flag, I can hear SVDs from every direction on me.

The large maps like Dalian, Leviathan, Zatar, Shonghua, Dragon, Fushee, Kubra are worthless with snipers.  Can you imagine how long it would take to sniper someone while sitting on an oil derrick in Zatar...plus, this person has to be unlucky enough to not be in a APC.

And Highway Tampa...ROFL...let's not even go there.

Though, I have to admit, if I am tired of the kill/die kill/die kill/die artillery/grenade, J10 bomb, tank shell, knife, SRAW to face, suicide jumping from a tiny hill routine of dying....After all that shit has gone on.....it's soooooooooooooooooooo nice and to sit somewhere quiet and relax like on a crane and take pot shots at random people.

----------

TBH, though, I usally don't play sniper because I just end up as artillery fodder unless I sit near a tree or some obstacle that hides me or deflects artillery.  I.E. Those sentry towers on Wake, Cranes, or on top of that big building at the back of Karkand.

As for the CQC sniper, I bring my knife and watch people freak out trying to attack me or switch to knife to fight back...

---------

For once though, I'd love to join or make a squad with everyone a different class rather than 3 medics, 2 AT, 1 sniper...the damn SL in a jet...the sniper under a rock...medics whoring around throwing packs...and the AT class running around with the "waaaaaah, I want my Happy Meal" everything should die in one shot attitude. 

Teamwork in general is a hard thing to get in a public game...working as a team with clan members with ventrilo...now that makes a fun game since you can say "bob, spawn as medic or supply" or "someone go sniper and get rid of that other sniper on the crane over there"
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6413|Belgium

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

gg
Tbh everyone plays sniper on mashtuur, therefore you were fighting tons of useless noobs while the tank whore in the OP was fighting the only players with skill who went out to cap flags.

You vs every useless sniper on the other team on mashtuur means of course you'd be first.

It's also the same reason mashtuur sucks to play.
Jamesey, the screenshot was taken during the match vs BFstats. Believe me, none of them were playing sniper. They ALL played medic or at/ You're detracting from Kooda's performance by spouting blatant lies. We won that game with 2 tickets left, that should give you an idea of the opposition.

Don't take your grudge on snipers out on people who actually have mastered that kit, like kooda.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6522|Polish state of EU
so true, snipers sucks balls
thepilot91
+64|6237|Åland!

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

lol exept the SVD then? hahahacker..
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6287|eng

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

No. You suck balls at sniping.
#rekt
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6639|Amsterdam, NY

AWSMFOX wrote:

I suppose a tank requires 10 billion times more skill than CQC sniping.

GG you berk.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such
1 bodyshot+ 1 Pistol Shot = Win
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard