CommieChipmunk
+488|6579|Portland, OR, USA
Okay, so I borrowed the orange box from a friend, he has a steam account, I have a different one.  If he uninstalls the orange box from his account can I use it on mine?
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6552|My head
negatory.  if he linked it to his, you wont be able to use it legally.

i said legally...

i am not mentioning illegal ways here.  thats your problem.
CommieChipmunk
can I sign in on his steam account on my computer?
Snowmanimal
+30|6552|My head
yes you can.  but any files you download with his steam account wont be good for your account.
CommieChipmunk
But i can just switch between accounts right?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten
if you have his current password, yes.
EE (hats
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

It's how I first got my hands on Half-Life. Stryyker lent me his Steam account login details, I could download any game he had linked to his account. I could only play the games when I logged into HIS account but that wasn't a problem. Come to think of it I did the same thing when Stryyker got Bioshock. I'm glad I didn't have to buy that one.

The thing about using someone elses account for multiplayer games is that they may want to use their account to play another multiplayer game. Not a problem when you're borrowing single player games like Half-Life or Bioshock but tricksy when you're talking about things like TF2.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Snowmanimal
+30|6552|My head
Thank you Ty.
CommieChipmunk
Okay so I installed it and everything... but it's choppy as hell!

e6600
8800 GTS 512 (g92
4 GBs DDR2
Vista ultimate 64x

What the hell, I put it down to the lowest settings and it's still choppy?? help
CommieChipmunk
nevermind, just the first part? weird
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

Ty wrote:

It's how I first got my hands on Half-Life. Stryyker lent me his Steam account login details, I could download any game he had linked to his account. I could only play the games when I logged into HIS account but that wasn't a problem. Come to think of it I did the same thing when Stryyker got Bioshock. I'm glad I didn't have to buy that one.

The thing about using someone elses account for multiplayer games is that they may want to use their account to play another multiplayer game. Not a problem when you're borrowing single player games like Half-Life or Bioshock but tricksy when you're talking about things like TF2.
I did the same thing with a mate of mine went to America and got the Premier Pack and COD4.

Awsmly, I discovered COD4 doesn't need Steam at all and now we play same time, different server. I should probably buy my own but I'm too cheap.

As you may have already discovered, when you log back into your account, the games are listed as Pre-loaded, meaning they're on there but you have to buy them.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard