wut?
+30|5928|Finland
Do this in any other tank/apc:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Weflect/screen106.png

So BMP gets my vote.
StNickBG
+1|5905

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

I think all of theese 4 deserved to be thrown a rotten tomato at them. Especially BMP - why does it suck so much? Is that anti-Russia propaganda or what? Geez, its just light-armored piece of sh1t.
M8, i think youre right about the antirussian propaganda in this case. In the army i had a pleasure to have a trips in BPM 2...older one, to learn about it and to see it in action. Believe me it have to me mutch greater than LAV-25 but it isnt...its maked very slow and not turnable in Bf2...but this is the life...only in computer game you can shoot with PKM directly in a wall from 2 cm from the wall and to stay unharmed...in real life its impossible, believe me i was machine gunner in the army:)

Also about other cars, chopers and...hmm im pleased from chopers in SF..slow..and slow... Even air n00b as me can make a kills with them haha:)
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Um.  Maybe it's just me...

But I think the Apache and Hind are the two best helicopters in the game.
the chopper missiles in SF is fkin too much pwn
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6535|California

thepilot91 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I agree.  Sometimes I think the SF choppers are more suited for some of the Vanilla maps.

The SF choppers are faster and their TV missile location is higher, which is fine for bigger maps found in Vanilla.
The Apache Longbow seems suited to large, dark and armored based maps like Daqing, Operation Harvest, Midnight Sun because of its speed and color. 
They could have used the Hind and added troop transport capability as the MEC / PLA answer to the pre nerfed Black Hawk in Mashturr City.

Also the Vanilla helicopters seem to work better in SF. 
It makes more sense.  Like why would the MEC Special Forces or Spetsnaz get a 30 year old helicopter?  You think they would have the MI-28.   And the Navy Seals could have the AH-1Z, because thats what you would expect to be on the Iron Gator / Essex. 

I like the helicopters in the maps, but just imagine using the AH-IZ or MI-28 on Ghost Town, Iron Gator or the Rebel maps.   

But this is EA we are talking about,  I believe I read in an interview somewhere that DICE originally planned to have at least the A-10 and the various SF armies and maps, and vehicles to be integrated in BF2, but EA rushed DICE to get BF2 out the door.

EDIT Spelling

Last edited by HCSkorpio (2008-05-06 23:15:10)

-r3-anubis
+73|6535|florida
All the vehicles because of how buggy and glitchy SF still is.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

Weflect wrote:

Do this in any other tank/apc:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/ … een106.png

So BMP gets my vote.
That sums it up right there, BMP sux
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
jason85
Banned
+58|5995|Mesa, AZ

HCSkorpio wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I agree.  Sometimes I think the SF choppers are more suited for some of the Vanilla maps.

The SF choppers are faster and their TV missile location is higher, which is fine for bigger maps found in Vanilla.
The Apache Longbow seems suited to large, dark and armored based maps like Daqing, Operation Harvest, Midnight Sun because of its speed and color. 
They could have used the Hind and added troop transport capability as the MEC / PLA answer to the pre nerfed Black Hawk in Mashturr City.

Also the Vanilla helicopters seem to work better in SF. 
It makes more sense.  Like why would the MEC Special Forces or Spetsnaz get a 30 year old helicopter?  You think they would have the MI-28.   And the Navy Seals could have the AH-1Z, because thats what you would expect to be on the Iron Gator / Essex. 

I like the helicopters in the maps, but just imagine using the AH-IZ or MI-28 on Ghost Town, Iron Gator or the Rebel maps.   

But this is EA we are talking about,  I believe I read somewhere that the A-10 and SF was originally planned to ibe ntegrated in BF2, but EA rushed DICE to get BF2 out the door.
That actually explains a lot. They probably rushed them on SF too, judging by the crappy ass coding.
HSG
+23|6472|British Columbia, Canada

NooBesT wrote:

BMP sucks, rest are awesome.
RECONDO67
+60|6634|miami FL
I forgot how much the bmp sucked

Last edited by RECONDO67 (2008-06-08 06:13:15)

DSRTurtle
+56|6684
The BMP, it's gun is too weak to deal with a tank when you run across one.  the crew compartment is worse than useless, atleast with the other APC's the crew can fire machine guns to help defend itself.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

DSRTurtle wrote:

The BMP, it's gun is too weak to deal with a tank when you run across one.  the crew compartment is worse than useless, atleast with the other APC's the crew can fire machine guns to help defend itself.
The BMP is king on Night Flight though...
Nihil
+15|5804|Malaga, Spain

DSRTurtle wrote:

Well, the problem with the BMP is that it's an APC that thinks it's a tank. It has tracks, a tank gun and a coax, but APC armour and troop carrying capacity. The gun appears to be as powerful as a tank gun, since it kills other tanks with two hits on the front or rear of the treads. An APC with a tank gun should be a cool thing.

Sadly, what could be a nice hybrid vehicle is buggered by the fact that the gun doesn't aim low enough to ever target the treads of a tank. D'oh! In fact it's almost impossible to target anything with the crappy elevation arc. The constant flipping doesn't help either. The vehicle is so narrow that when it climbs things with its tracks the odds are its going to overbalance and turn upside down.

If only the dudes sitting idly inside could make themselves useful by whipping out a wrench and repairing, then the BMP would be somewhat ass-kicking. You'd still fail to hit anything with the gun.

Last edited by Nihil (2008-06-27 09:15:18)

elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6452|USA
That one four wheeler wiht like 6 m249's on it is the worst imo.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon

elite.mafia wrote:

the AIL raider?  yeah it does suck for driving.  very tight turning radius... crap fire power (no .50 cal)... its a waste tbh.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6519|Polish state of EU

steelie34 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

the AIL raider?  yeah it does suck for driving.  very tight turning radius... crap fire power (no .50 cal)... its a waste tbh.
Off topic: bwahahaha steelie isnt your sign under nick retarded? (or is it the way you wanted to be? )
steelie34
pub hero!

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

Off topic: bwahahaha steelie isnt your sign under nick retarded? (or is it the way you wanted to be? )

steelie34 wrote:

my tv missle < your tv missle

thx

(intentional < sign)
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6379|Oslo, Norway
Forklift FTW!!! I have two promotions in those.
steelie34
pub hero!

Babb Master Flash wrote:

fork whore
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

steelie34 wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

fork whore
No, he's a warehouseman.
User007Gamer
???
+21|5980|Dubai, UAE
Worst weapon on SF maps = me. I have exploding barrel trouble in SF maps all the time (especially Iron Gator). Jesus, I mean every time i walk past a flammable barrel BOOOM!! teamkilled, taking cover behing non exploding barrel (which somehow just happens to be next to an exploding one), nade WHOOOSH!! pwned. Thsts why I dont play SF much (except for chopper whoring).
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5559|FLORIDA
I think all the vehicles in SF are garbage. I play vanilla for vehicle servers and when I feel like playing IO you can find me on SF servers! DAM warlord is a good one
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

DankKUSH wrote:

I think all the vehicles in SF are garbage. I play vanilla for vehicle servers and when I feel like playing IO you can find me on SF servers! DAM warlord is a good one
All vehicles are garbage?
Including the ones that are completely the same as in vanilla BF2 (tanks, AA, APCs, boats, transport choppers,...)?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
BMP, it's horrible.

Choppers in SF are awesome, so much splash damage from rockets. Hind is my favorite vehicle in the game right after the Cobra
steelie34
pub hero!
everyone who says the bmp sucks obviously hasn't raped the shit out of the sub on devil's perch.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.

steelie34 wrote:

everyone who says the bmp sucks obviously hasn't raped the shit out of the sub on devil's perch.
BTR-90 does it better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard