Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA
dammit. its this kind of shit that makes me want to return to a full electoral college. hey, great! obama's pastor said some stuff that people don't like! well, thats great. don't vote for the pastor then. but wait! he's not running. so basically he's just an angry guy with a harsh point of view that happens to be the spiritual leader for somebody running for president. thats great. i don't know about you, but my pastor's points of view are not my own.

why do americans, and really people in general, love to shit bricks every time somebody even remotely connected to a candidate does something "wrong?" if obama's cousin's best friend's uncle who met obama once had a thing against mexicans would we weigh that? no! so why his pastor? what is so special about something that this man said? why must his private life dictate his political one? look at clinton! yeah, he had a fucked up personal life, but nobody can deny he was a pretty damn good president. yeah, he shafted the military a little bit, but nobody's perfect and we don't really need a large standing army anymore now that the cold war is over.

i'm so sick and tired of the nature of the times voters, the party allegiance voters, and the no content voters. VOTE FOR ISSUE STANCES!

if you hate absolutely everything McCain stands for, don't vote for him! what does it matter that you're a registered republican? I am too, but i'll take Obama over McCain over Clinton.

the reason the world is so fucked up is because of the stupidity of the masses, especially in america. our political system is far too tangled for corrupt politicians to do major damage.

/rant.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Newsflash ... Obama had this man as an adviser to his campaign.  Doesn't agree with him huh?  Obama has supposedly been a member at the man's church for over 20 years.  If he disagrees with him enough to disown his views in front of the nation, why continue to attend there and have him as a campaign advisor?  He told the nation he disagrees with this man out of political necessity, nothing more.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-03-18 11:04:26)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
the only people this issue will effect are the ones that wouldnt vote for him in the first place.
Stingray24
I hope some of the other change bots will wake up after this.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6634|Sin City

Stingray24 wrote:

Newsflash ... Obama had this man as an adviser to his campaign.  Doesn't agree with him huh?  Obama has supposedly been a member at the man's church for over 20 years.  If he disagrees with him enough to disown his views in front of the nation, why continue to attend there and have him as a campaign advisor?  He told the nation he disagrees with this man out of political necessity, nothing more.
Exactly. Now Obama is trying to do some damage control by giving a B.S. speech to cover his ass.
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5904|MN
if you want goverment run you vote democratic,   if you dont dont have any morals vote democratic,  if you like to pay more taxes vote democratic ,  if you like open boarders vote democratic ,  if you enjoy being on welfare vote democratic..
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
I think if Obama's pastor's words really change your opinion on Obama, youre an idiot.
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5904|MN
ever seen the movie space balls?  they pressed the self destruct button lol
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I think if Obama's pastor's words really change your opinion on Obama, youre an idiot.
qft

What about that Hagey guy or whatever endorsing McCain. He blamed the Catholics for the holocaust I think.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

Stingray24 wrote:

I hope some of the other change bots will wake up after this.
'Change Bots' ...nice Orwellian use of language. Are you not allowed to change your mind in American politics? Do you have to stay red or blue even if you no longer agree with the party line?
Stingray24
So if John McCain had a white supremacist pastor as his adviser it shouldn't change anyone's opinion?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

Spearhead wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

qft

What about that Hagey guy or whatever endorsing McCain. He blamed the Catholics for the holocaust I think.
While this pastor does not change my opinion of Obama, there is a huge difference between a person endorsing you and a person who is an advisor on your campaign.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

SenorToenails wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

qft

While this pastor does not change my opinion of Obama, there is a huge difference between a person endorsing you and a person who is an advisor on your campaign.
again, the same people that are making such noise about this pastor being on obamas campaign are the same ones that are quick to make make excuses for ron paul and his campaigners (one of whom happened to be the head of a chapter of the KKK), for the most part

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-18 11:13:48)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Since day one of following various campaigns, I've been astonished by the ability of candidates to dig up dirt on their opponents, and if not them, their fucking family or maybe their neighbour.

Campainging and elections have become jokes. It's not who's the best person for the job, it's who can cover up their past the best/the past of their relatives/people near them. E.g. who the fuck would give a flying fuck if someone puffed some herb in the 70's? Apparently, everyone, if the opponent manages to spin it correctly.

And no you tits, I'm not speaking of the U.S alone. We all suck.

Endrant.
I need around tree fiddy.
Stingray24

SenorToenails wrote:

... there is a huge difference between a person endorsing you and a person who is an advisor on your campaign.
Exactly
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Agreed 100% with DonFuck, what kind of democracy is that shit. And then you have the super delegates, don't get me started on that
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California

Stingray24 wrote:

Source for Obama's "previous" pastor as a campaign advisor?  Did you also just watch his "race speech?"  If there's ANY reasoning ability by ANY human, said human can thus reason that one thing has nothing to do with the other. 

Stingray, if the NRA did something bad, should you, a member, or at least as a gun rights advocate, be responsible for that bad behavior, even if you're running for president?  If the NRA was actually created as the KKK was disbanded and outlawed (as depicted in Mike Moore's movie), and actually had KKK leaders running it, should you be considered as a racist?  Even if you didn't condemn the racist language used by said NRA leaders who you give money and support to?

I wouldn't consider you a racist, slanted, or an idealogical tool at all.  I'd consider you a member of a club that has good and bad ideals.  I consider Obama a "previous" member of a congregation whose pastor said some stupid, racists, anti-American things..that's it. 

Sorry if this is heated, I just had this argument with my Mom.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

again, the same people that are making such noise about this pastor being on obamas campaign are the same ones that are quick to make make excuses for ron paul and his campaigners (one of whom happened to be the head of a chapter of the KKK), for the most part
I didn't pay attention to Ron Paul's campaign, but did he have this guy as part of his campaign?  Ron Paul also had supporters using botnets to spam the shit out of people's email, but that doesn't make it official.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
not like he's losing votes from this anyways.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Agreed 100% with DonFuck, what kind of democracy is that shit. And then you have the super delegates, don't get me started on that
Super delegates have no role in the actual presidential election.  They are a political party creation, and a pretty dumb one at that.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

SenorToenails wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I didn't pay attention to Ron Paul's campaign, but did he have this guy as part of his campaign?  Ron Paul also had supporters using botnets to spam the shit out of people's email, but that doesn't make it official.
http://www.mlive.com/news/bctimes/index … amp;coll=4

the point is his involvement with in a campaign, the same thing thats is being used against Obama.  But with Paul, not a peep.  And they (david duke) say there is a media conspiracy

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-18 11:22:33)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

He got rid of his pastor as an advisor anyway, so who cares?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

ghettoperson wrote:

so who cares?
all the people that werent going to vote for him anyways.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

not like he's losing votes from this anyways.
I agree that this is a non-issue.  I think that people digging this kind of crap up to try and 'discredit' a candidate is pathetic.  Ideally, elections should be won and lost regarding campaign platforms and ideals for office, not on the rantings of an advisor or supporter.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

http://www.mlive.com/news/bctimes/index.ssf?/base/news-11/1201623404297180.xml&coll=4

the point is his involvement with in a campaign, the same thing thats is being used against Obama.  But with Paul, not a peep.  And they (david duke) say there is a media conspiracy
hahaha, that's something special.  I didn't know that.  Ron Paul is out anyway (and I didn't support him, so this guy had no effect on my opinion).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard