Trobow
+1|6715|Kettering, Ohio
They need to fix team punishment to make it fair. 

FOR EXAMPLE:

If someone drops a Bomb from a plane on their own team........PUNISH AND LOSE POINTS!

If someone on your own team sees the SKULL AND CROSSBONES and still tries to get into the jeep or contimue down the road or climb up that ladder........................NO PUNISH

I am tired of people not htinking about the reason they are punishing and whether it is actually thier fault or not.  If you are pissed at yourself because you thought you could make it by the mine or claymore, don't punish me.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6708|Wilmington, DE, US
the bomb thing is stupid. i've dropped and killed teammates by accident while going after tanks and APCs. There was one time i wasn't paying attention and didn't realize until after the bombs were dropped that there was a large concentration of teammates at the bombing site.

Very few people bomb their teammates on purpose.
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

I also hate it when you have a inaccurate gun like the m249 saw, and theres an enemy trying to get 3 of ur teammates. what r your instincts but to shoot the nenmy. but its kinda hard to miss you teammates, so whoops, you killed the enemy, and a teammate. then ur teammate punishes you!

thats rediculous when you were just trying to save his life, but you accidentally killed him as well.

same situation, but lets say we are using the LAV-25. the shells from the cannon explode, no doubt. so you now its ugnna be a bit hard to get the enemy with ur teammates around. they KNOW for a fact ur trying to get the enemy, but if you ACCIDENTALLY kill them as well, they decide to punish.

and people that purposely climb up ladders, get blown up by friendly claymores, and then punish need to go back to elementary school.

and why sumtimes you are allowed to punish for a teamkill, and other times not. SORRY TRIGGERHAPPY IF I DIDNT SEARCH, SUCK IT UP.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-01-06 09:57:03)

fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6754|The Netherlands

Ikarti wrote:

Very few people bomb their teammates on purpose.
i would go further vey few people TK on purpose since it ruiins their stats. and the ones who DO TK on purpose get kicked by an admin or vote sooner or later
Reaper2325
+2|6722|New Hartford, New York
I think a time delay of 5-10 seconds before you can vote for TK punishing would be nice. I don't know how many times that I've accidently TK'd someone because they shot at me first and I get Punished for killing them. It's like "Dude, you unloaded 10-15 rounds at me first" Then they vote to punish you without even getting a chance to say sorry. Damn noobs.

If I get TK'd, I don't punish unless I'm 100% sure it was on purpose (ex. Get Tk'd by the same person 3 times in less than 3 minutes or something like that).

I liked BFV's TK punishment, just give negative points for TK'ing
dukel33to
Begorrah!
+2|6694|Birmingham, UK
I think a reasonable idea would be to allow, for example, 5 teamkills before you can be punished. Everyone tk's for one reason or another at some point, mostly by accident and the punish system does promote a more careful attitude (IMHO). You can only imagine what would become of the game without some sort of penalty for repeated tk's.
RDMC_old
+0|6735|Almere, Holland

Trobow wrote:

FOR EXAMPLE:

If someone drops a Bomb from a plane on their own team........PUNISH AND LOSE POINTS!

If someone on your own team sees the SKULL AND CROSSBONES and still tries to get into the jeep or contimue down the road or climb up that ladder........................NO PUNISH

I am tired of people not htinking about the reason they are punishing and whether it is actually thier fault or not.  If you are pissed at yourself because you thought you could make it by the mine or claymore, don't punish me.
I play maps where the punish has been removed!
NukeDK
+1|6829|Denmark
As far as i see it all punish, an i just hate it, an some ever TK just because they did not get in the heli.

I think it is all those 14-15 years boys how TK an punish...

Sometimes i get so mad that i give the live again just to kill them, in the TK way so they know what there is TK an what there is not...

Ps. Sorry for my bad english hehe
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6775|Kansas, USA
I see this complaint a lot. But, the reality is that you either have punishing or not. You can't program the game to determine if a player intentionally TK'd or not.

Trobow wrote:

That wouldn't work. Then you would get people throwing AT mines on top of vehicles to either 1) Prevent their teammates from takng them, 2) getting cheap kills if an enemy takes the vehicle because they know there are no concequences if a friendly takes it or 3) just to be a smacktard. Also, I have seen people as a Squad leader be a sniper and lay down claymores - when a squadmember spawns on them and is near the claymore they are blown up as soon as they move. And then of course you would get people blowing up their teammates with C4 for the fun of it.

You can exclude TK punishes for kills with a certain weapon (e.g. arty by commander), but the only one that would remotely make sense would be explosives and I already explained why that won't work. The computer can't read your mind to see if you TKd intentionally or not. So, if you don't like ti play on a server without punishing. I don't like being punished for accidental TKs either, especially when it was their own fault. But it is what it is.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6693|Howell, Mi USA
just yesterday i was in an APC in Kubra Dam i had just capped the refueling station CP when a teammate spawned in the building. i started firing down the hill at the other CP when the teammate runs out of the building and jumped (perposly) into my line of fire and needless to say got killed. next thing i see im being punished for a teamkill, i was like wtf? someone explain how that makes sence.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/derish14/smallpic-3223.jpg
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

Lol @ the last pic.

BUT. This has been discussed Ad Nauseum. So has the responses. Save it.
DSRTurtle
+56|6685
I hate getting punished for a team kill when people can see that you have laid explosives.  Or then they run in front of you as your shooting at the enemy then you kill them.

If you do something dumb like that you deserve to die.  Don't punish someone for your own stupidity. 

I usually only punish when I get killed by grenades or rifles.  If I get run over I usually forgive them cause I've run out in front of them

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-01-06 17:42:35)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Trobow wrote:

FOR EXAMPLE:

Hello.......and welcome to last year.
Wild1234
+1|6685

Trobow wrote:

Yes... AT Mines+Team of Noobs=Much Fun, no? Here is a SS I took from a game eairler today, was doing a nice job against the enemy armor... downside is my mines took a toll on my team as well:/ Part that really annoied me was when somebody said, "Stop TKing me!" after running over a mine yet again... *sigh*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/ … een122.jpg
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6736

Trobow wrote:

FOR EXAMPLE:

Honestly u should be glad theres a choice for it. most games just punish u automatically. I only punish ppl for really stupid stuff personally.
mustang0341
+0|6685|Nebraska
There are to many impatient , selfish assholes who give no courtesy after a teamkill to wait and see if you apologize before they even punish you....WTF??? Unless you know the player is an idot....if they apologize then let it f*&king be....too many times I have been kicked from my fav. server by players who are not regulars because they run in front of my LAV fire then punish in .2 seconds. When I am the top player on the board do you really think I f&*king  team killed your bottom feeding ass on purpose.........please. Sorry about the rant but that really burns me and not to mention takes away my Beautiful Gold Medal.
NukeDK
+1|6829|Denmark

mustang0341 wrote:

There are to many impatient , selfish assholes who give no courtesy after a teamkill to wait and see if you apologize before they even punish you....WTF??? Unless you know the player is an idot....if they apologize then let it f*&king be....too many times I have been kicked from my fav. server by players who are not regulars because they run in front of my LAV fire then punish in .2 seconds. When I am the top player on the board do you really think I f&*king  team killed your bottom feeding ass on purpose.........please. Sorry about the rant but that really burns me and not to mention takes away my Beautiful Gold Medal.
So true, we all hate thoose noobs, an there is to many of them an all servers just sad so sad...
Sgt.ZeroHerO
+0|6684|Aalborg, Denmark
I think the teamkill punish system works fine (almost) If you forgive a teamkiller, he shoul not be punished at all but he is. 
If you are the last one to jump out of a tank, car, helocopter etc. and your tammates are killed, you get a teamkill, this should really be fixed.

#1 I usually forgive teamkill, since they can fairly easy happen, butt removing or slacking the punish will lead to more TK, since there are a lot of anoying player out there.

#17 agreed

Sincereely ZeroHerO
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6719|The Netherlands
I only punish when the tk is delebarate so i hardly ever punish at all cause most of the tks are accidental.

Edit: loads of ppl seem to think you lose points when you get punished, but you dont. This is what Wiki says about it: If you team kill you will get -4 minimum regardless of weather you are punished or not.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-01-07 06:52:09)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6687
Gotta understand alot of young overweight kids play this game and i mean ALOT and if you're overweight no offence cause im sure alot of you are but to the point.

No matter the situation if you run some one over by mistake or obviously on purpose if you're shooting some enemies and then you're team mates run into you and you kill them by mistake or if you start shooting them on purpose no matter what if its by mistake or on purpose every one ALWAYS punishes you.

Simply they wanna just fuck up you're score i usually punish if its on purpose or retarded but if i know its by mistake i forgive them specially if they say sorry.

But they should just remove the punish thing it really ruins are score so the odd time you got a tker just simply ban him.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6684
The worst TK system ever invented.

-If I crash my helicopter with people inside, why do I get teamkills for it?
-If someone crashes their car into my tank, why do I deserve a teamkill?
-If someone drives over my AT mine, why do I get a teamkill?

I say get rid of the teamkill crap completely.  You make 5 teamkills and your out.  Of course, stupid ones like I just listed don't count as TKS.  Very simple, very effective.
DSRTurtle
+56|6685
Worse your flying the blackhawk and get kamikazed by a chineese jet. You get charged for tk's because of the kamikaze.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard