Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
I know most of you guys don't like indie or anything remotely like it, but DCFC is my favorite band of all time.

Any other DCFC listeners out there?
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6423|My room
Soul Meets Body ftw.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
haha yes.

that was the first song I heard from them, excluding Ben Gibbard's work on the postal service project.

Great song.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6423|My room
And Passenger Seat...
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
I tried to.. um.. listen to indie music when I was friends with some hipster douche bags but I really never could understand how people could obsess over such simple crap (no offense)

And then when the hipster douche bags acted like plain douche bags and tried to use pussy ass empty insults they got from their stupid bitchy music I totally couldn't stand anything or anyone claiming to be indie.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
Yea, passenger seat is a good song.

I'd like to learn how to play the piano piece in that song. Its really awesome.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

lavadisk wrote:

I tried to.. um.. listen to indie music when I was friends with some hipster douche bags but I really never could understand how people could obsess over such simple crap (no offense)

And then when the hipster douche bags acted like plain douche bags and tried to use pussy ass empty insults they got from their stupid bitchy music I totally couldn't stand anything or anyone claiming to be indie.
haha im not even close to those people I just like the music, that's all.

Death Cab is one of the few indie bands I like.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

Bulldogz wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

haha im not even close to those people I just like the music, that's all.

Death Cab is one of the few indie bands I like.
Oh.

In that case I like steadier footing. Thats a K song.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
death cab =/= indie. btw.

all their songs are the same. not really a fan.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
Definitely, Steadier footing is a nice mellow song, and one of the few I like from their "the photo album" album

Some of their old stuff, like "something about airplanes" and "we have the facts, and we're voting yes" albums aren't my favorite. I really like their later stuff like "plans" and 'transatlantacism"

oh, and did anyone hear about their new album coming out in may? I'm pumped.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

death cab =/= indie. btw.

all their songs are the same. not really a fan.
They are indie rock. Most lean away from the indie side, but there are a few which are very much indie.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Listened to one song and didn't like them. I'm more of a heavy metal/punk rock guy.
m0v3m3nt
+15|6158
That's one shit name for a band right there.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
I love death cab for cutie.. Lightness ftw
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6538|Chicago
I'm a fan.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
Glad to see some others here who like em

m0v3m3nt wrote:

That's one awesome name for a band right there.
fixed.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
indie music = emo no?
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

ig wrote:

indie music = emo no?
haha not always.

and even if the music is emo, doesn't mean the listener is
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

ig wrote:

indie music = emo no?
Excuse me bulldogz for inserting my commentary into this thread but what I know is that indie is the sort of predecessor of the emo genre.

indie is folk and light 90's rock and then emo is all of that but with punk and goth wrapped into it.

So far as fashion goes indie defiantly was the first type of emo. and the same could (arguably) be said about the feelings and angst portrayed in the music.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

I like a few of their songs, but I'm not a huge fan. Title and Registration ftw.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

lavadisk wrote:

ig wrote:

indie music = emo no?
Excuse me bulldogz for inserting my commentary into this thread but what I know is that indie is the sort of predecessor of the emo genre.

indie is folk and light 90's rock and then emo is all of that but with punk and goth wrapped into it.

So far as fashion goes indie defiantly was the first type of emo. and the same could (arguably) be said about the feelings and angst portrayed in the music.
No, no problem lava.

While I do agree with you that some DCFC could definitely come off as "emo" its not "emo music," per say, if anyone understands what I mean.

Alot of the songs (looking at my itunes) are indie/rock, while some are even considered just rock. (not anything hardcore, mind you) And then there are a few which are just considered indie.
Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
Sorry to ressurect such an old topic, but any of you DCFC fans, any of you download the new album yet? It leaked a couple days ago and I got it, and it is quite simply one of the best they have made. A little more rock-oriented this time around tho.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.
I saw them do an acoustic show when they opened up for Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews like 3 weeks ago. I'm not usually a fan of that type of music but I thought that they sounded great. They played some of their new songs which I liked.
i g
Banned
+876|5865|GA

ig wrote:

indie music = emo no?
get banned more

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-05-04 11:53:06)

Bulldogz
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

Kamikaze17 wrote:

I saw them do an acoustic show when they opened up for Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews like 3 weeks ago. I'm not usually a fan of that type of music but I thought that they sounded great. They played some of their new songs which I liked.
Yeah I'm personally trying to acquire tickets to a showing for them in here in Oregon, but the tickets are so freaking expensive...I've never payed over 20 dollars for a concert ticket, and they want almost 40. Ridiculous.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard