Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

im going for my green P's whenever my boss writes a letter so i can drive turbo and supercharged cars +V8's and above
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

The only thing I'd say is hard to remember to come to a COMPLETE stop ON the stop line at a 4 way stop or stop sign or whatever. Even if coming to a complete stop means that the other guy takes your turn at the 4 way becauce he just slowed down instead of stopping, you still have to do it. And even if you can't see oncoming traffic when turning onto a road or something, you have to come to a complete stop on the line first and then roll forward to a point where you can see. Other than that, I'd say it's pretty straight forward. Remember to signal and do a head/mirror check when changing lanes.

Last edited by Home (2008-03-14 20:40:26)

sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6234

$niperkiller wrote:

just passed mine this week. I thought it was going to be hard but i didn't even have to do any parking, highway, or busy intersections. And the written test was the easiest part. It was pretty much just common sence.
lol
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida
1) Insert Cd
2) Hit play
3) Follow instructions given in song
4) Ghostride the whip!
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5957|Minnesota
it's really easy i passed on my first try and got a perfect score except my parallel park was a little bad because there was snow in the spot where they wanted me to do it
wiru-will
o<| :3
+13|6000|wat
"If you don't know what to do, just close your eyes and give 'er plenty of f***in horn."
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

did you get your licence?
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6513|Gold Coast
LOL.

Im getting lessons at the moment... driving a manual. We dont have a manual car, we only have autos so the only time I get to drive a manual is say once per week. I can never really take off perfectly. I give it too many revs and it takes me 5-10 seconds to take off. And  I always drop the clutch... my instructor guy flips the fuck out "OMFG DO U WANT TO GO BACK N GET MAH CLUTCH???" I just smile

Roundabouts arent that hard. I just hate fucking with the gears and merging. Its a pain in the arse.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
jason85
Banned
+58|5999|Mesa, AZ

Bertster7 wrote:

They let you take a test in an automatic?

Do you get a proper license doing that? Over here you only get an automatic license if you do that and that would be shit, since automatics are rubbish and for retards.
Manual is only good if you live in the fucking boonies. I'd rather concentrate on the road and the ass clowns that drive than on what gear I am in. Where I live there are so many idiot drivers, and a stick is just one less thing I have to deal with.

GodFather wrote:

As far as paralelle parking - Ill have to work on that, but I think there was one sentence dedicated to it saying wait for wheels and such, I dont know about backing into a spot too

do they make you back into parking spots?
Do you mean parallel park or go ass end first into a normal spot? If you mean parallel, I think they might. If you mean the other way, then no.

I never had to take the drivers test, I just did some thing through my school. I had to drive to downtown Chandler and parallel into a spot and drive back.

Last edited by jason85 (2008-03-16 02:06:45)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

once you learn how to drive manual it is just second nature

you dont even think about it
jason85
Banned
+58|5999|Mesa, AZ

Nappy wrote:

True. Although, shifting all the time gets really annoying.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ
Do you mean parallel park or go ass end first into a normal spot? If you mean parallel, I think they might. If you mean the other way, then no.

I never had to take the drivers test, I just did some thing through my school. I had to drive to downtown Chandler and parallel into a spot and drive back.
yes, the first one    and good...

im going to learn manual after I get my license, so i dont confuse shit (paranoid, I know)

The only reason i am doing this is, my dad has a Porsche Boxter that he will let me drive in the future... He says I might as well drive it because it would COST him more to trade it in and buy a new semi-good car...

I dont think I will drive it all the time, because id be too scared to fuck its shit up.... So im just going to drive his car, but when hes at work and what not I always have a car

and dont call me fucking rich boy or whatever its a 10,000 car (if you sell now - - - '04 or '03)
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

GodFather wrote:

and dont call me fucking rich boy or whatever its a 10,000 car (if you sell now - - - '04 or '03)
If someone calls you a rich boy over the internet, chances are they're jealous or envious.
Mr.Dude2
+13|6325| Bay Area Calif. USA
" Basically im a bit nervous ".....Have a couple of drinks and you will be fine.....hell smoke a joint too.   
N_sane21
+6|5893

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

" Basically im a bit nervous ".....Have a couple of drinks and you will be fine.....hell smoke a joint too.   
Smoke a joint, good advice there. Just hope your instructor isn't stacked, otherwise you won't keep your eyes on the road, if you catch my drift. Good luck.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

N_sane21 wrote:

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

Smoke a joint, good advice there. Just hope your instructor isn't stacked, otherwise you won't keep your eyes on the road, if you catch my drift. Good luck.
Every DMV has got a "stacked" instructor set aside for the guys. I thought everyone knew this.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
In a 30 mp/h zone, go about 28. Not over the speed limit, not too far under it.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

In Quebec, they have minimum speed limit signs.
GodFather
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ
Update: Hey all, got it today!!

it was pretty easy, took 10 minutes, did stop signs and one intersection and I got the pass...

100%  D

Karma for all who helped
spasticus5
A TEN! A TEN!
+9|6200|San Clemente(best city ever)

GodFather wrote:

it was pretty easy, took 10 minutes, did stop signs and one intersection and I got the pass...

100%  D

Karma for all who helped
gj man.
its a whole new world with the license
jason85
Banned
+58|5999|Mesa, AZ

GodFather wrote:

100%  D

Karma for all who helped
Good work. Now just don't drive like a Phoenix driver, please.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA
if anything gets you, its the autofails. make sure that stop sign is a stop sign, don't hit that bag in the road, stay off the curbs, etc.

everything else is just this: drive, check mirrors, stay in control of the vehicle, don't be retarded. if you fail for anything other than an autofail you need to reevaluate yourself.

@j5689: how the fuck hard is a 3.0? seriously?
GodFather
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ

jason85 wrote:

GodFather wrote:

100%  D

Karma for all who helped
I lived in PA for 13 years of my life, a year in NJ and 2.5 in AZ

it wont be problem
jason85
Banned
+58|5999|Mesa, AZ

GodFather wrote:

jason85 wrote:

GodFather wrote:

100%  D

Karma for all who helped
I lived in PA for 13 years of my life, a year in NJ and 2.5 in AZ

it wont be problem
Thank God. I can't drive anywhere without screaming at some idiot. So one less asshole on the road is a good thing.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
dont drive too fast and watch all the signs he may fail you at the last minute if you go over the speed limit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard