GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ
So when I get home to the U.S im going to be taking my drivers test  (have permit, passed the test on the computer)

I really have no clue what to look out for (im in the state of Arizona btw) I have no idea how long it is, if we will do roundabouts, how strict people usually are, if theres any parking drills etc.

Basically im a bit nervous, im expecting it to be difficult but the little convos ive had with my fellow upper classmen  (the only really other training / testing for a license ive done would be scuba diving - I'm at master scuba diver which was some REALLY tough training)

See, im one of the first to get my license so I cant really ask friends

so any thing would help, even if your not in the state of Arizona

thanks all
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

when you get into the car with the DMV guy ....... take a sec to look around at the guages and check the mirrors then look down at the auto shifter and say " Does the R mean really fast "
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
yogi_is_bare
+8|5884|UK
why dont you ask your instructor to give you a mock test and see how you do?
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6726|Singapore
Just passed mine on 3rd Jan. not in US though.

TIPS: Be confident, greet the guy beside you, try to talk with him while you drive, shows him you are confident.

Last edited by Ayumiz (2008-03-14 09:50:11)

Smells Like Muff
+6|6101
best advice is just to relax.
[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan
Teh Ultimate Lurker
+16|6567|Kansas City
just remember to signal for everything.....I can't tell you how many times I got a tick mark because I didn't signal.  I passed tho.  Am 32 now and have never had any accidents and only 1 ticket (was racing down to my college class to be on time for a test and the bastard cop gave me a ticket anyways!)
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ

Ayumiz wrote:

Just passed mine on 3rd Jan. not in US though.

TIPS: Be confident, greet the guy beside you, try to talk with him while you drive, shows him you are confident.
Yeah I figured I would do that... in my mind I keep thinking it will be some sexist chic who is a bitch towards kids and thinks theyre irresponsible (so basically I think that my English teacher will be judging me )

I lol'd at "Really Fast"

edit:

just remember to signal for everything.....I can't tell you how many times I got a tick mark because I didn't signal.  I passed tho.  Am 32 now and have never had any accidents and only 1 ticket (was racing down to my college class to be on time for a test and the bastard cop gave me a ticket anyways!)
yeah I figure ill be whoring up the signals

What about speed? Im thinking driving too slow would "cause" accidents and driving too fast is speeding...

whats too fast/slow?

Last edited by GodFather (2008-03-14 09:55:35)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

have this playing ............ you could go through 5 red lights and hit an old lady and you'll still pass
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6702|Germany
My girlfriend got her car licence renewed last year while we were in Scottsdale (No joke !) and said it was pretty easy. Just a couple of minutes around the block and it was done.
Good luck !

Last edited by HellHead (2008-03-14 10:00:39)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

IF it's possible, take the test at a DMV that is in a smaller town.  In a big city, you're sking for a shitload of stress and loathing 

Or, try to talk to some people and find a DMV that is notorious for being incredibly easy.   The closest DMV to me was known to be a little difficult, so I drove to a DMV a few towns over that is known to be easy.  My test ended up being about, literally, five minutes.   I honestly thought I failed somehow when I was told it was over. My dad even gave me a look when we got back so quickly.

Usually, most DMV tests are not hard anyway.   The government would rather have you on the road where they can tax you for everything under the sun involved in driving, rather than fail you.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6119|So Cal
You took the written test online? Didn't know you could do that. Is that possible for Cali too?
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6519|Milkystania, yurop
Whore yourself out, there is nothing a driving instructor likes more than that. Also make a joke about that the  stick shift is almost as hard as your  "shifter" and offer him to look
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6182|Canada

GraphicArtist J wrote:

You took the written test online? Didn't know you could do that. Is that possible for Cali too?
when you pass the test, it's on a computer at the DMV. not your own personal computer at home. That's what he meant.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California
The important thing to remember is that the US will give anyone who isn't blind or retarded a drivers licenses.

Make sure not to do any burn outs or have a seizure and you should be fine.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6571|Columbus, OH
You need to drink some alcohol to feel relax; the driving examiner will understand.
cablecopulate
+449|6730|Massachusetts.
The best thing to do is to keep your mouth shut and do what your instructor tells you to do.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
As usual I havent read through the above posts so forgive me if the following is repeated.  I'm also UK been driving for 16 years now what difference that makes I dont know.

Treat your test like an Interview for a job. Dress smart, be confident in yourself, shake the tester by the hand and relax.  If you fail so what?  You haven;t committed a crime, you won't go to prision.  Go in with that attitude and you have a chance.

You will only start to learn properly how to drive and roads etc once you have passed, sounds odd I know but trust me on it.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland

cablecopulate wrote:

The best thing to do is to keep your mouth shut and do what your instructor tells you to do.
This, and use the indicator (and keep using it afterwards too, because people who can't use it are fucking annoying in traffic )
Make sure to keep an eye on pedestrians as well.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida
First of all, Goodluck man. I live in New York and i got my permit like 3 months ago, i still have another 3 months before NY state will let me apply for my Junior Drivers Licence.

A few friends have gotten there licences already and from what ive heard, just dont be afraid to do everything right. Even if it doesn't make for the smoothest driving session.

Complete stops!
Make sure he knows your alert.
Smooth acceleration and stopping.
Stuff like that.

Oh, and take it from my step sister who screwed up big time on her test, relax, and listen to what your instructor says
15 more years! 15 more years!
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5925|CA
Ask your instructor to hold your beer, so you don't spill it while operating your cell phone.  Impress him with you knee driving ability.  Disregard your turn signals and make abrupt merges to keep other drivers on their toes.  Make certain to maintain at least a 3 foot distance from the driver in front of you (they are called bumpers for a reason).  Never use two hands on the wheel, as it is a sign of weakness.  Throw up a couple of gang signs out the window, just to show him your "down".

This is apparently how you get your DL in California...
0akleaves
+183|6606|Newcastle UK
lol we have way harder tests over here and i found it easy, passed first time with 4 minors and i got told my examinor had the lowest pass rate ie the hardest, just dont worry theres always a next time, relax and most importantly eat a banana before u leave !
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida

GravyDan wrote:

Ask your instructor to hold your beer, so you don't spill it while operating your cell phone.  Impress him with you knee driving ability.  Disregard your turn signals and make abrupt merges to keep other drivers on their toes.  Make certain to maintain at least a 3 foot distance from the driver in front of you (they are called bumpers for a reason).  Never use two hands on the wheel, as it is a sign of weakness.  Throw up a couple of gang signs out the window, just to show him your "down".

This is apparently how you get your DL in California...
Hahaha

Ahahahaha!

I lol'd
15 more years! 15 more years!
13rin
+977|6472
First... get in the car.  Adjust your seat like the thug gangsters ride.  Advise the instructor that he too should adjust his seat the same way because people will take pot shots at you if they recognize you.

Tell him seat belts are for pussies as you adjust all of the mirrors to reflect on yourself.  Tell him you enjoy looking at yourself cheezin.  After you start the car, immediately adjust the radio to the local hiphop station and shout "dis shiz da jam yo!", max out the bass level and blow the speakers. 

Only drive with one hand on the wheel and stop at the first gas station to buy a "strawberry tampa nugget".  After returning to the car ignore any directions given by the instructor as you head to the closest slum.  Show him your slow driving skill as you look for a pot dealer (Just yell "Smoke, Smoke" at every person you pass as you drive down the street until you find a dealer.  After you've procured your dime bag have the instructor hold the wheel as you roll a blunt.  If he objects, remind him that he's a true instructor and should be more than qualified to perform this task and that if you mistakenly roll seeds too, its his fault and will fuck him up.  Proceed to smoke said blunt -with the windows up (naturally).

After you're both high (it shouldn't take much for the instructor) drive to a bank located near an interstate.  Park and leave the engine running.  Ask to borrow his ID badge.  If he refuses, pistol whip him (oh yea, bring a handgun) and just take it.  Put on said ID badge on belt and ski mask (yea, bring a ski mask too).  Now if you've pistol whipped him make sure he's unconscious or he'll just drive off when you go on your errand.  Proceed to liberate the bank of its dollars.  Put ID badge and dye pack in Instructors lap as you get on the interstate (head north while claiming to have a safe house in Mexico).  Impress the instructor with your high speed driving skills as you haul ass on the interstate evading spike strips and police cruisers.  Drive until you are forced off the road or run out of gas.  If you've knocked out the instructor try to avoid pulling over until he comes to.  If he's still unconscious from the pistol whipping, you're gonna have to wreck so it look like he was knocked out in the collision (put your seatbelt on).  Aim for an exit ramp shoulder on the passenger side of the car so it will flip and look cool (for the benefit of the viewers watching the pursuit on TV).

Upon being surrounded by the police, surrender, start crying and tell him that the driving instructor flipped the fuck out, robbed a bank and forced you to help him. 

You'll pass the driving test.  I guarantee it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Either you know how to drive or you don't. Just takes practice.

Only thing I missed on my driving test was not being able to find the defrost button I was so nervous and I never used it before.
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
my tips (i made a 100 on it)

practice parallel parking. k turn is easy.

drive teh SPEED LIMIT. not faster not slower.

and yeah, talk to them while u drive, but dont look at them.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard