killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

Lucien wrote:

Ferrari's are going to be in GT5, aren't they? That and MGS4 combined ALMOST make me want to buy a PS3.
MSG4 is going to be bundled with the 80GB PS3.  That is what I am waiting for.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6400|Leuven, Belgium
Well Zimmer, the FF beta is alot more stable than Opera has ever been. Another reason for me not to use Opera.

And I still can make every damn comparison I want. See above point.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

elbekko wrote:

Well Zimmer, the FF beta is alot more stable than Opera has ever been. Another reason for me not to use Opera.

And I still can make every damn comparison I want. See above point.
Wow, great. I can't be bothered arguing with someone who will make unfair comparisons.
Why not try 9.5 and then maybe I will listen to what you have to say ( this would be a first, as I haven't even tried it myself ).
Why are you trying to drill the fact that you think FF is better and you aren't going to use Opera? I am merely saying that your comparisons are unfair. I am not saying Opera is better ( my judgement on 9.5 is purely from what I have read, and holds nothing in a debate over it ) and I am not saying that you should stop using FF. Do what you wish, but I don't think your argument holds any use here.

It would just be nice, for once, that someone actually made a fair point about browsers. I'm tired of seeing the same people with the same old argument again and again. It's a grey area for debating and when people start to claim bullshit or say pointless things, then it's time for a close.

There is no right or wrong answer. There are just facts and lies. Maybe instead of talking out of our asses, we could just come to the point where statements like yours, mine and others are just pointless, and that you can use whatever browser you want. Except IE6.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space
Zimmer, if you really cant be assed with arguing with the fanboys, ignore them. Don't go ranting on and on about how dumb they are, then post stats/facts etc. that they probably cant understand.  When you do so you are only letting them succeed in their goal to infuriate those who disagree; making you no better than them. And, quite frankly, its a waste of time.
Bagel_Bites
+14|5927
Both Firefox and Opera (and Safari) are up to spec when it comes to web standards. So, they're both great in my book.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Bagel_Bites wrote:

Both Firefox and Opera are up to spec when it comes to web standards. So, they're both great in my book.
Fixed, because safari is FUCKING SLOW
Bagel_Bites
+14|5927

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Bagel_Bites wrote:

Both Firefox and Opera are up to spec when it comes to web standards. So, they're both great in my book.
Fixed, because safari is FUCKING SLOW
Are you talking about Safari for Windows?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
ANY version of Safari.  At my high school we have 3 year old Macs in the computer labs and 3 year old PC's in the learning commons/library.  Sharing the same connection throughout the school (the whole place is also WIFI'd, im lucky this school is only in its 3rd year) the PC's using IE6 load pages faster and download faster than Safari on the Mac's.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6400|Leuven, Belgium
Zimmer, you obviously don't read my points then. I do wonder how I'm supposed to make points about different browsers if I can't even speak about my own experience?

It's become rather apparent that arguing with anyone on these forums is utterly pointless, as they'll never see beyond whatever they want to see. You, sir, are an Opera fanboy. Along with 80% of the users of these forums. For some reason unknown to me. It's incredibly annoying that whenever the word 'Firefox' comes up, within 30 minutes > 50 posts with 'use Opera!!!!' are made. And yes, you are one of those people.

But yeah, trying to make valid points based on personal experience obviously holds no ground in an environment like this, where bandwagons are the size of planets.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6219|Phoenix, AZ
Yeah... cant say ive had that problem, most memory was probably like 10 tabs @ 220mb which is cool cause I have 4GB RAM

I cant say Im a fanboy and im not going to defend FF...

As said before, try Opera, ive never used it.... But I do know one thing.... ITS NOT FUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER.

In closing.... PLEASE DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Ill state this again. I use all major browsers, but my preference goes to Firefox.  The customization actually is something i need (mediapirate for youtube videos, adblock).  I am also patient; the fact it is slower does not annoy me.  The browser is also more stable than what most people experience (i guess its hit-and-miss for computers when it comes to running FF) and so far i have not encountered a page i could not view, and if it ever came up i have the IE-in-FF extension.  Opera is regulated to high performance tasks or ones that require speed/multiple tabs on the same thing, which is what it excels at.
0akleaves
+183|6613|Newcastle UK
different broswers are best in different situations, best anyone can say.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6629|Mexifornia, USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Randomly Firefox will just start eating RAM like there's no tomorrow.  The highest I've seen it get is around 800K.
It gets hungry

I use it, but it's been pissing me off lately. Just minor stuff, like not saving the passwords I told it too.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

elbekko wrote:

Zimmer, you obviously don't read my points then. I do wonder how I'm supposed to make points about different browsers if I can't even speak about my own experience?

It's become rather apparent that arguing with anyone on these forums is utterly pointless, as they'll never see beyond whatever they want to see. You, sir, are an Opera fanboy. Along with 80% of the users of these forums. For some reason unknown to me. It's incredibly annoying that whenever the word 'Firefox' comes up, within 30 minutes > 50 posts with 'use Opera!!!!' are made. And yes, you are one of those people.

But yeah, trying to make valid points based on personal experience obviously holds no ground in an environment like this, where bandwagons are the size of planets.
You obviously don't read mine. I haven't for one minute stated that you should use Opera.

In fact, I am posting from FF2 right now.

If I am an Opera fanboy, then that must make you a FF lover. Am I correct?

Thanks for judging me on points which you didn't even bother to read properly.
It always seems to be you coming back up with shots against Opera, but never against FF. Both have their flaws. FF is a memory hogger and Opera can crash under stress. FF can't render some pages very well but Opera doesn't have the CSS attributes that FF has. See? I can actually argue for and against. Unlike yourself, who keeps loving FF all the way.

Where are the valid points when you haven't tried the equivalent of FF3 in Opera? Fine, you keep comparing an outdated browser ( in beta terms ) to a brand new one, and keep telling yourself that bum sex will ensue if FF gets loved properly. I really don't care. But the fact that you tell yourself you are arguing makes me laugh. There has been no effective comparison where you can give valid points for and against.
"Opera crashed, which makes me laugh" "I just opened 28 tabs in FF3 with hardly any lag".

Also, it's about 10%, if that, who use Opera. Exaggeration in these cases is not your friend.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Also, stay away from betas or you get raped by spyware.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6556|Brisbane, Aus

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Exactly right.  Because memory leaks and Java applets causing the browser to crash...yeah, that's the user's fault.

Good logic there, chief.  Care to try again?  Or, you know, should I just leave your post viewable so you look like an idiot to the general public?
didn't mean to offend but i wasn't exactly wrong

Fenix14 wrote:

sorry the more I read your post the more it seems like its goading a response.
I managed to get firefox to chew memory last night, but with the 'downloadThemAll!' addon, but thats as far as I got, might not have saw my other post about Its different for all people and what they do.

I'm not in a situation where I use FF and java like that really ever, so maybe my words aren't valid, but you did post it here for all to discuss.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

Freezer7Pro wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Big Rigs!
Wolf Quest!
Need poll tbh.

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Cheez wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Big Rigs!
Wolf Quest!
Need poll tbh.

Wolfquest one needs more fail.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center

Fenix14 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Exactly right.  Because memory leaks and Java applets causing the browser to crash...yeah, that's the user's fault.

Good logic there, chief.  Care to try again?  Or, you know, should I just leave your post viewable so you look like an idiot to the general public?
didn't mean to offend but i wasn't exactly wrong

Fenix14 wrote:

sorry the more I read your post the more it seems like its goading a response.
I managed to get firefox to chew memory last night, but with the 'downloadThemAll!' addon, but thats as far as I got, might not have saw my other post about Its different for all people and what they do.

I'm not in a situation where I use FF and java like that really ever, so maybe my words aren't valid, but you did post it here for all to discuss.
It's just shitty because sometimes I'll forget to open the link specifically in IE...so while I have three or four tabs open with work related things, FF will freeze and need to be restarted.

As for the memory leak issue...I've since upgraded to the beta and have yet to experience that problem.  I almost always have between three and five tabs open...but I do leave my browser open for extended periods of time.  However, having a browser start using 800,000kb of RAM is a bit, well, unnecessary.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6829|Denver colorado
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Wolf Quest!
Need poll tbh.

Dude... That video is what Solf Quest was SUPPOSED to be. Wolf Quest sucks so much more dick than what's seen in the video.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)
I know this about browsers, not OS's, but....

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I have never seen my firefox memory leaking... EVER...

I am still going to deliver your long awaited comment: No u
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5961|Washington DC

Freezer7Pro wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Need poll tbh.

Dude... That video is what Solf Quest was SUPPOSED to be. Wolf Quest sucks so much more dick than what's seen in the video.
Exactly. Wolf Quest was intentional fail. Where as Big Rigs seemed like the developers actually wanted to make a racing game, but they were all high when they coded it.

edit: For example, the guy in this video is trying to be serious with his singign but he sucks

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-15 08:53:25)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Also, as I type this, Firefox is using 523,200K of RAM.  I don't know if it's a memory leak.  I don't know if it's a cache issue.  Randomly Firefox will just start eating RAM like there's no tomorrow.  The highest I've seen it get is around 800K.
I took the 800k challange.

It took 7686 pictures open at the same time to get this:

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/7686.png

Also, if you never clean out your flle fetching history, it gets slow and uses A_LOT more RAM. I noticed that some time ago, when I had 4 months of file downloads int he download manager, it'd use tons of RAM and fetching files would take ages.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard