killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

HurricaИe wrote:

fail bbcode is fail
That's what happens when you type 83 wpm.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6401|Leuven, Belgium
Stop comparing FF3 to Opera 9.26. Your argument is not valid.

Also, yes, it crashes sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, yet again, stop comparing 2 browsers which cannot be compared.
The argument is very valid according to all the Opera fanboys who claim it to be infallible. Every browser can be compared. I can very well say that IE4 < IE7. Or can you not compare completely different browsers anymore? Everything is quite ueless then.
I just found it hilarious that Opera crashed so quickly, with a rendering engine everyone claims to own.
I'm not saying it's a bad browser, I'm just saying it's not infallible and Opera users should get off their high stool claiming to be the best.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5961|Washington DC

killer21 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

fail bbcode is fail
That's what happens when you type 83 wpm.
Get a G15 or G11 and put the codes on macro buttons
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

HurricaИe wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I just opened 31 tabs in FF2.

All YouTube.
On an Athlon 1600+ with 1GB RAM.
It used 315000k RAM.

Truth to be told, it went slow, but it was 100% "browsable". Only thing that didn't wanna work properly was changing tabs, but that's due to the weak CPU. (Opening a new tab without any Flash objects would let me change tabs).

Oh, and Hurricane, Wolf Quest (Or something like that) is the worst software. By fucking far. Imagine a chat that is not blocking certain words (Like fuck, shit etc), but instead only allowing certain words. Scentences would look like this: "would run wood food" (I would run to the woods to get food) "I here" (I'm outta here) and so on. Not to mention that the graphics looking likeCS 1.6 would run at 5FPS on 8 series cards, half of the controls not working, the OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME not working, and so on, and so on...
Big Rigs is worse. You're supposed to be in this truck-racing thing, right? Well let's see

-Your opponent will never finish. You can start a match, go to bed, and when you wake up he'll be there before the finish line. He lets you win every time.
-One map doesn't even load
-If you drive into the mountains you either go through them or drive up with no loss in speed
-You brake instantly
-If you drive over a bridge you fall off and you can drive around the entire racing universe
-Random crashes
-When you finish a race, the screen proclaims "YOU'RE WINNER"

In short, Russia should never make a video game again.
That's nothing compared to Wolf Quest. Wolf Quest is produced by some national park. You "play" like a wolf. Let's see what I can rant:

- You're supposed to be able to "customize" your wolf. All sliders are stuck at the bottom.
- If you turn right, the camera (third person) turns left, causing you to go in a zig-zag.
- There's a 3-second delay in the controls.
- The multi-player mode lacks any ping reporting, only a very limited number of words are allowed in the chat, making it impossible to even use it.
- The "bots" in multiplayer won't work at all.
- In single player, you're supposed top find a female wolf and mate, but if the female wolf is bigger (Which it always is, since the sliders are always stuck at the bottom), you can't even comunicate with it.
- It has a 2-minute sound track that keeps looping over and over and can't be stopped.
- The graphics are horrid, and yet it consumes more power than Crysis. (SERIOUSLY!)
- If you hunt something, it always runs faster than you, and has more stamina than you.
- If you attack prey, you loose all sprint and 90hp (Out of 100)
- Trees and objects are twice as big as they seem to be.
- A lot (A LOT!) of functions won't even work at all.
- Mouse steering makes you vibrate and fly away.
- You can walk up vertical cliffs.
- You die if you touch an elk.
- As soon as you're close to prey, auto-steering kicks in, and you can't stop following the prey until you kill it. Which you can't. You end up following prey until you die.
- The options and settings are VERY limited.

That's some of the things I found out in about two hours.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
killer21

HurricaИe wrote:

Get a G15 or G11 and put the codes on macro buttons
Nah. I enjoy typing out all the code.  That's the nerd in me.   
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

elbekko wrote:

Also, yes, it crashes sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, yet again, stop comparing 2 browsers which cannot be compared.
The argument is very valid according to all the Opera fanboys who claim it to be infallible. Every browser can be compared. I can very well say that IE4 < IE7. Or can you not compare completely different browsers anymore? Everything is quite ueless then.
I just found it hilarious that Opera crashed so quickly, with a rendering engine everyone claims to own.
I'm not saying it's a bad browser, I'm just saying it's not infallible and Opera users should get off their high stool claiming to be the best.
No it isn't. It's like comparing a Ferrari to an F1 car. You can't.

No browser is infallible. But what you are doing is comparing a brand new browser set up with a 1/1.5 year old browser ( yes, it gets updates, but not huge ones, the huge one is 9.5 ).
If you compared 9.5 with FF3, fine. If you compared FF2 with Opera 9.2, fine. But FF3 with 9.2? It's a completely unfair test.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6197|Winland

Zimmer wrote:

elbekko wrote:

I hate when people say that. Of course you can compare a ferarri with an F1 car. You can compare a wheelbarrow with an F1 car for fucks sake! Let me demonstrate:

A wheelbarrow has one wheel, an F1 car has four.
An apple is green or red, an orange is orange.
A Ferrari has two seats, an F1 car has one.
A Ferrari is shaped like that, an F1 car is shaped like that.

Anything can be compared with anything ffs! It doesn't have to be fair, it can still be compared.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

I hate it when people take things literally, yet they really know what the person means.

A fair comparison then, if you want me to spell it out for you.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6197|Winland

Zimmer wrote:

I hate it when people take things literally, yet they really know what the person means.

Yes, I know, but saying that X and Y can't be compared simply sounds stupid in my ears.
Bagel_Bites
+14|5927
Who still uses Java applets anyway?

Last edited by Bagel_Bites (2008-03-14 16:29:45)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

elbekko wrote:

I hate when people say that. Of course you can compare a ferarri with an F1 car. You can compare a wheelbarrow with an F1 car for fucks sake! Let me demonstrate:

A wheelbarrow has one wheel, an F1 car has four.
An apple is green or red, an orange is orange.
A Ferrari has two seats, an F1 car has one.
A Ferrari is shaped like that, an F1 car is shaped like that.

Anything can be compared with anything ffs! It doesn't have to be fair, it can still be compared.
*hands over internets*

Diehard opera fanboy much zimmer?  Oh well, to each his own, just dont ridicule everyone that doesnt support your elitist attitude.
0akleaves
+183|6613|Newcastle UK

Zimmer wrote:

enzo and f1 car haha zimmer sorry but there quite similar since the enzo is faster in a straight line and its mostly carbon fibre, sorry for being a car nerd haha.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

0akleaves wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

enzo and f1 car haha zimmer sorry but there quite similar since the enzo is faster in a straight line and its mostly carbon fibre, sorry for being a car nerd haha.
wat

english pweez
killer21

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Diehard opera fanboy much zimmer?  Oh well, to each his own, just dont ridicule everyone that doesnt support your elitist attitude.
I declare a winna.
aimless
+166|6124|Texas
The enzo isn't faster in a straight line, the F1 car is the one made mostly of carbon fiber.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

0akleaves wrote:

eh wtf it is stfu and go die now.
u high?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

0akleaves wrote:

eh wtf it is stfu and go die now.
0akleaves
+183|6613|Newcastle UK

aimless wrote:

The enzo isn't faster in a straight line, the F1 car is the one made mostly of carbon fiber.
bullshit, enzo is faster in a straight line, theres a few cars as f1 cars go round corners fast since there isnt any 10 mile straights is there. And a enzo has lots of carbon fibre and aluminium i think
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

0akleaves wrote:

aimless wrote:

bullshit, enzo is faster in a straight line, theres a few cars as f1 cars go round corners fast since there isnt any 10 mile straights is there. And a enzo has lots of carbon fibre and aluminium i think
There is only one way to resolve this..

ACTUAL STATISTICS. Not a game of yes no yes no, go look up how fast they go and stop bitching
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
InnerMonkey
+62|6718

FFLink13 wrote:

I don't get what you mean about the links bar ^^
Yeah, that doesn't read particularly well.   What I was trying to say was that even windowed, I still have room for the "links" toolbar to be displayed and not feel crowded or cluttered.  For some reason, I went on to explain why I do it, despite the fact that it doesn't matter in the scope of my question.  It's been a long week, and I'm in the progress of chemically forgetting it.  Sorry 'bout that.

FYI

I've recently started some interface programming (nothing fancy, just RSView stuff for work), so I'm getting much more interested in what/why people like various interfaces.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6197|Winland

This thread has recieved a new course from the Headquarters.

New destination: Hell.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

0akleaves wrote:

aimless wrote:

Off topic much?  Also L2 sentences.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-03-14 16:37:47)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

0akleaves wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I said a Ferrari, not an Enzo. It could be the Spider, or whatever.

Also, I am not a die hard Opera fan. I use FF and Opera equally. I just hate it when people are so ignorant as to the actual facts out there and claim shit. And when you start making unfair comparisons, then it just gets out of proportion. Each browser has its problems, some less than others, but in no way is one the BEST OF THE BEST. Ever.

Elitist attitude? Because I don't actually want to argue with people who go shouting "FF is the best"? That's an elitist attitude? Wow. So when I say something like "lets not include betas here" and then someone comes along and deliberately compares it with a beta browser, and I ridicule him and the rest, that is an elitist attitude? You are seriously mistaken.

I never said "choose opera", I never said "dont touch IE7". If I remember correctly ( which didn't take me long to do so, as I posted this 47 minutes ago in the same topic )

me wrote:

Use what you want to use
Ah wait, does that not mean "Each to his own"? Actually, I think it does. Go use what you want, but as I said before, your opinion is different from the facts.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Enzo=Ferrari
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

.Sup wrote:

Enzo=Ferrari
Ferrari's are going to be in GT5, aren't they? That and MGS4 combined ALMOST make me want to buy a PS3.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard