Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

Spearhead wrote:

You don't like "amnesty"?  Fine.  Tell me an alternative, that can WORK.

Anyone who can get to this country should be able to live here.
Could you tell Vicente that?

Yes, yes, I know, illegals come from all over the world.

As for legal way, yes, there is a way.  I noted it above.  There are procedures.  Follow them, and I welcome you with open arms.  And please become a citizen of this great country, as long as you do it the fair way.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6709|Tampa Bay Florida

Ilocano wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

You don't like "amnesty"?  Fine.  Tell me an alternative, that can WORK.

Anyone who can get to this country should be able to live here.
Could you tell Vicente that?

Yes, yes, I know, illegals come from all over the world.

As for legal way, yes, there is a way.  I noted it above.  There are procedures.  Follow them, and I welcome you with open arms.  And please become a citizen of this great country, as long as you do it the fair way.
I guess I'll just address you and Feos with this one

I think the current system blows.  As someone above said, it can take some people 6 months to get into this country, when my ancestors came here and were pretty much citizens by the end of the day.  We need a system that can handle large amounts of people, process them, and make them citizens.

THEN, fine, build a wall, make a fence, whatever.  Just make sure that if anyone wants to come here they can, and not have to wait a ridiculous amount of time before doing so.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Spearhead, I am in full agreement with you on the labyrinthine nature of the process. But the bottomline is, there is a legal way to become a US citizen. People who purposefully ignore that process (and thereby break this nation's laws) do not deserve a pass.

Millions of people have become US citizens legally. It's not too much to expect all naturalized citizens to go through the same process.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

Spearhead wrote:

I think the current system blows.
Yes, it does suck, big time.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

If only the feeling was mutual.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=90663
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

Kmarion wrote:

If only the feeling was mutual.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=90663
Yeah, priceless.

BTW, could I retire in Ensenada Mexico, live in a grass shack and earn no income, and then get free medical when I get sick?  Can I also get foodstamps.  And WIC for any illegitimate children I might have?  Could my kids also have free education?  Thanks Vicente.  I appreciate your country's generosity.

Last edited by Ilocano (2008-03-13 13:06:57)

D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6652|Sin City

Magpie wrote:

Send them all to Las vegas , you know so u have something to do at work D6717C
Hahahaha......they are some of our biggest customers for sure. No shortage of them around here.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC

Spearhead wrote:

, it can take some people 6 months to get into this country
Six months would be a fucking BLESSING. I agree on your points btw... make the visa application process faster, possibly cheaper, as much as possible without compromising security. Once that's sorted go ahead and build a wall. I don't even care so much about Mexicans who want to make a living sneaking through, as I do about potential terrorists sneaking through.

Anyways back to my original point, six months is the fastest it goes right now and that's VERY rare. I'm applying for my green card right now (here under a visa) and here's some info

-Chilean and Canadian
-16 years old
-Never done a crime

Now then, someone with half a brain would realize I'm no threat to the US and grant it to me. BUT NO. I've gotta wait from 6 months (ha!) to a year (sigh) for this god damn thing to process. It'll really suck if I don't get residency when I start applying to colleges, because I'll be in the pool of international applicants which is MUCH more competitive. At least I have my work permit.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6430|'Murka

I've had to deal extensively with ICS as part of my daughter's adoption...they are stricken with terminal jackassery. Complete waste of taxpayer dollars, that organization.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC

FEOS wrote:

I've had to deal extensively with ICS as part of my daughter's adoption...they are stricken with terminal jackassery. Complete waste of taxpayer dollars, that organization.
USCIS now

And yes, they're pretty damn bad.

Airport immigration agents: They're ALWAYS in a bad mood. I can't totally blame them, I can't imagine the number of people (including myself) who screw up their I-94s or the like and have to fill them out again, holding up the line. Especially when they're up at 4AM.

Airport customs agents: A bit friendlier, but when I had to go through customs at Miami International last year it was so unorganized. I had a vague idea of where to put my suitcase and whether to wait for the agent to search through it or not. And they had to disinfect my shoes because I had been on farm land... but they wouldn't have known that if I hadn't told them.

Canadian border agents: Also a bit friendlier

USCIS processing agents: The ones I interacted with when getting biometrics done for my application were friendly enough.

The organization as a whole: A 16 year old Canadian isn't gonna be plotting terrorist attacks... just gimme my damn residency!

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-13 14:07:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard