Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
WTF?! Iron Gator - a mistake in the title I can't edit it, sorry...
Why when I an MEC, I take the APC into the water and fire at the Viewing deck. But the question is - the enemy has the flag, I fire at the AA, the crosshair changes (you know, as when you hit something), and I get -1 teamwork points?? Why? I get minus teamwork points everytime I fire at that AA, I have that feeling... I am 99,9% sure that I have no teammates there, but I still get minus points.

Last edited by Nikola Bathory (2008-03-11 02:21:53)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6413|Belgium

The omniscient Snake wrote:

After looking in the “gameplayobjects.con” file for Iron Gator, it is actually spawned with, and hence linked to the Flight Deck CP. Therefore, whoever controls that flag gets exclusive access to use the Essex Gun. I now believe that the reason why it can still be used by the opposite team of who controls that flag is down to the fact that it hasn’t “respawned” i.e. it hasn’t been destroyed since the enemy capped the Flight Deck flag. This is the reason why it is described as an “Enigma” and often confusing. Therefore you will most likely continue to get Team Vehicle Damage messages since there is no way of knowing whether it has “respawned” for your team or not.
Know your guides.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
If your team takes the viewing deck, the AA will respawn as your team's vehicle.  If the viewing deck is recaptured by the other team, it's still considered your team's vehicle until it's destroyed.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6413|Belgium

ThomasMorgan wrote:

If your team takes the viewing deck, the AA will respawn as your team's vehicle.  If the viewing deck is recaptured by the other team, it's still considered your team's vehicle until it's destroyed.
Flight deck, not viewing deck. Cf. my quote from Snake's 'Iron Gator for dummies'.
spuddy1981
+10|6363|england
any1 else find there pc jumps with this map?

Am ok when am out side but if i go into the ship am stuffed.  otherwise i would love this map.  whish the all carriers were like this.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord
^^^^ Another great example of BF2's superior programming!

spuddy1981 wrote:

Yep, jumpy as hell for me too in the interior (worse than the stairs in the TV station on Warlord).
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland
You need more RAM...I had same problems until I bought more myself ;p
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
Yeah, RAM and a better video card, both will improve your game.

With 1gb of RAM and 256mb video card that's 100 under the game's reqs, I lag like hell inside. But with a newer video card at 256mb, and 2gb of RAM, practically lag-free on the other comp.

As for team vehicle damage, Nik, I think it is BF2's coding. In another mod I play, shooting at the enemy assets gives me negative points.
DankmanHightimes
+24|6501|atlanta GA

Todd_Angelo wrote:

^^^^ Another great example of BF2's superior programming!

spuddy1981 wrote:

Yep, jumpy as hell for me too in the interior (worse than the stairs in the TV station on Warlord).
not a problem on my 4 year old POS computer.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Flight deck, not viewing deck. Cf. my quote from Snake's 'Iron Gator for dummies'.
Aye aye

Lets put it this way: say you are USMC on FuShe, and capture a PLA flag that still has FAV's sat around doing nothing...they will stay there until used/destroyed, even though they are PLA. Only after they have been used/destroyed, will a USMC vehicle spawn in its place.

Same thing applies to the Phalanx on Gator, except it is classed as one of your teams vehicles (like arty/uav/sat) so it will obviously cause team veh.damage.

Same thing happens on OCS when we (USMC) have the MEC main Airfield. Ive often then bombed the MEC arty and got team veh damage warnings... almost as if the arty respawns to the US side!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard