^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6947|Long Beach, CA
If you use it all the time  as a primary - FUCK YOU!  get some skill.
Ptfo
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6846

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

though i don't use it all the time, it take skill to launch it well and this is what soldiers face out there. what do you want, some magnetic aura that deflects bullets? get over it, that's how people play the game and if you don't like it shoot them. Grenade launchers only go so far so you had to see them before they shot you
oberst_enzian
+234|6891|melb.au
let's start a competition to see how many GL threads we can start in one day. the person with the most posts across all of them, and who uses the words "unfair", "skill", and "point blank" wins.

The prize is a grenade to face at 80kph.

seriously tho, here is a word of advice: to all those that can't handle the existence of the grenade launcher (and don't give me any of that "but it's not being used properly crap) STOP PLAYING UNTIL THE NEXT PATCH COMES OUT. Apparently the next patch deals with this "problem" somehow. So just stop playing and wait. Seriosuly, we'll call you and tell you when it happens.
whatnot
+0|6921

oberst_enzian wrote:

seriously tho, here is a word of advice: to all those that can't handle the existence of the grenade launcher (and don't give me any of that "but it's not being used properly crap) STOP PLAYING UNTIL THE NEXT PATCH COMES OUT. Apparently the next patch deals with this "problem" somehow. So just stop playing and wait. Seriosuly, we'll call you and tell you when it happens.
I hope they just add a timer to it so you can't use it within 10 meters. It would be insane to nerf it; it's the one thing that makes assault more worthwhile than medic.

I posted [url=http://paintedover.com/uploads/show.php?loc=26&f=screen108.png]this screenshot[/url] in a thread a few months ago where, surprise, people were bitching about the GL. It is entirely possible for someone to be skillful with it instead of bunnyhopping around Karkand.
oberst_enzian
+234|6891|melb.au
heeey, nice shot.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6954|Orlando, FL - Age 43

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

What, somebody not able to fly the chopper a few rounds and got owned? Get him a tissue someone...or better yet, a spine.

After the patch, they will just find something else to wail and moan about.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6871|New Hampshire
Can we go ONE FUCKING DAY without a post about a bunny hopper or GL whore?  Jesus Christ you people whine too fucking much.  I mean, this IS a complaint forum, but this is beyond dead.  This is so dead, it's been killed, resurrected, and fucking killed again.  Get over it.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6895|The United Center
wtf?  there's a grenade launcher?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6937|Singapore

Wtf? I thought we were still fighting with spoons and forks and butter knives?
teh adam
+2|6834

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

though i don't use it all the time, it take skill to launch it well and this is what soldiers face out there. what do you want, some magnetic aura that deflects bullets? get over it, that's how people play the game and if you don't like it shoot them. Grenade launchers only go so far so you had to see them before they shot you
I guess soldiers jump around shooting grenade launcher rounds pointblack at each other.

They should make it realistic like in Americas Army where the grenades won't explode if you shoot the nade only 25 meters.

Last edited by teh adam (2006-01-06 13:12:09)

Esker
+1|6875
Yeah because America's Army is really realistic...

It's a game, I know it's a hard concept to grasp but it's not actually meant to be realistic. If it was realistic the US team would just bomb everything.

Oh and more importantly that SA80 would jam pretty much all the time and the SAS wouldn't be issued with as much ammunition as everyone else, infact I wouldn't be suprised if they got any hehe.

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-06 13:18:00)

teh adam
+2|6834

Esker wrote:

Yeah because America's Army is really realistic...

It's a game, I know it's a hard concept to grasp but it's not actually meant to be realistic. If it was realistic the US team would just bomb everything.

Oh and more importantly that SA80 would jam pretty much all the time and the SAS wouldn't be issued with as much ammunition as everyone else, infact I wouldn't be suprised if they got any hehe.
When I said I wanted to make the grenade launcher realistic... I said grenade launcher not the whole game. Again I wasn't talking about the SA80 I was talking about the grenade launcher.

Americas Army is pretty realistic...  they might call in air support in real life but it all depends on the situation. The game's emphasis is on infanty hence the name "America's Army" not "America's Airforce"

Last edited by teh adam (2006-01-06 14:30:49)

RDMC_old
+0|6884|Almere, Holland

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

aha.. I see.. ya probably got killed over an over by peeps using it.. but what about the skilled nade launchin peeps that lob the grenade and get a spot on hit 200 feet away..? so FUCK YOU!
RDMC_old
+0|6884|Almere, Holland

RDMC wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

aha.. I see.. ya probably got killed over an over by peeps using it.. but what about the skilled nade launchin peeps that lob the grenade and get a spot on hit 200 feet away..? so FUCK YOU!
Gettin sick and tired off you peeps you guys allways think of somethin new.. its a grenade launcher.. aah he is cheatin.. he is bunny hoppin.. he is cheatin! he is dolphin divin.. he is cheatin! Gettin sick and sick and tired of it.. I just read a post of somebody which is pissed of by bein killed by shockpaddles! Dammit live with it!!!! pfff.. we all know about.. bunny hoppin/ dolphin divin/ the grenade launchger!.. whats next? claymore? mines? get a life..
Sgt.Gene
+215|6912

oberst_enzian wrote:

let's start a competition to see how many GL threads we can start in one day. the person with the most posts across all of them, and who uses the words "unfair", "skill", and "point blank" wins.

ok what i would like to say is that it is not being used improperly... just excessivley!
listen i have no problem with it if u just ran out of ammo in heat of combat and need something else to fight with... i  only have a problem with people who use it 24/7 and dont have the balls to use a real gun... i would like to say its not a primary its a secondary lets say u ran out of ammo in a magazine and theres enemies around u...this is the time to whip out the 203...but lets say u just spawn run around a bit whip out the 203 and start shooting at everything that moves... that to me is what really gets me going on about toobers
RDMC_old
+0|6884|Almere, Holland

Sgt.Gene wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

ok what i would like to say is that it is not being used improperly... just excessivley!
listen i have no problem with it if u just ran out of ammo in heat of combat and need something else to fight with... i  only have a problem with people who use it 24/7 and dont have the balls to use a real gun... i would like to say its not a primary its a secondary lets say u ran out of ammo in a magazine and theres enemies around u...this is the time to whip out the 203...but lets say u just spawn run around a bit whip out the 203 and start shooting at everything that moves... that to me is what really gets me going on about toobers
Well I agree with you.. but have to comment on something.. look at Strike At karkand.. USMC.. in the beginnin of the round about a million grenades are thrown at the MEC and then they start movin in.. well a Assault Soldier cant do this so I think that the Assault Soldier should be allowed to go in and clear out.. UBAR also explains it or i read it somewhere.. the Assault soldier is the workhorse.. so if he's workhorse why should he be allowed to use the m203/gp-30/gp-25 to clear an area?
teh adam
+2|6834

RDMC wrote:

Well I agree with you.. but have to comment on something.. look at Strike At karkand.. USMC.. in the beginnin of the round about a million grenades are thrown at the MEC and then they start movin in.. well a Assault Soldier cant do this so I think that the Assault Soldier should be allowed to go in and clear out.. UBAR also explains it or i read it somewhere.. the Assault soldier is the workhorse.. so if he's workhorse why should he be allowed to use the m203/gp-30/gp-25 to clear an area?
I don't think he has a problem with that because obviously that would be using the GL as a secondary weapon, if he lobbed grenades over like a regular infantry man. Unless he didn't switch back to his rifle after "clearing out the enemys" then he would be using the GL as a primary weapon.

He probably has a problem with the GL when idiots go running around killing ppl with the GL in close quarters... because if you are killing ppl in close quarters then you are using the GL as a primary weapon, or if you never switch away from the GL you are using it as a primary weapon.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6917|Human Meat Shield
nowadays everyone uses it, so why not, the game is to kill, I don't think people really care what you use anymore. People bitch when someone has a knife out when they get shot with a gun, yeah it's courtesy to pull a knife for a knife but it's stupidity to run up on someone with a knife, you deserve to get shot, fact is people don't care what you have, you can have a squirt gun and someone is gonna .50 cal you, it's all about the game --  kill first, no matter what, it's survival, live with it.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6861|Norway
I'll add a my views to this dead/revived/dead/revived thread..

First: You can't use GL 24/7 without support or supplies, you don't exactly carry unlimited ammo on you..
I use the GL extensivly, I like it - it kills enemies and perhaps many in one pop. That's why I pley this game, to kill as many enemies in as little time as possible...

I ofcourse dislike being shot with the GL by a bunnyjumper, perhaps because I'm not a bunnyjumper.. And although it is not something i am proud of, I will shoot my GL in the ground infront of me if I come around a corner face to face with an enemy - why? because in 9,999 out of 10,000 the guy will not wait until I have pulled out my primary gun to shoot me. And if I die, at least I took him out with me, so that he isn't a threat to my team for 15/10 seconds..

Anybody not comfortable with that... too bad
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6957|Marathon, Florida Keys

Friluftshund wrote:

blah blah blah i sux0r so i use nadz0r instead of regular guns liek 90% of pplz! loLz! cuz i c4nt k1ll any0n3 with th3m
GL's suck k, and if i used Gl's as my main i wouldent have a .63k/d ratio.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
teh adam
+2|6834

Friluftshund wrote:

I'll add a my views to this dead/revived/dead/revived thread..

First: You can't use GL 24/7 without support or supplies, you don't exactly carry unlimited ammo on you..
I use the GL extensivly, I like it - it kills enemies and perhaps many in one pop. That's why I pley this game, to kill as many enemies in as little time as possible...

I ofcourse dislike being shot with the GL by a bunnyjumper, perhaps because I'm not a bunnyjumper.. And although it is not something i am proud of, I will shoot my GL in the ground infront of me if I come around a corner face to face with an enemy - why? because in 9,999 out of 10,000 the guy will not wait until I have pulled out my primary gun to shoot me. And if I die, at least I took him out with me, so that he isn't a threat to my team for 15/10 seconds..

Anybody not comfortable with that... too bad
Why would you turn the corner without your rifle out???
WinstontheWolf
+11|6838
One thing pisses me off here (and other places in the forums too): Arguments that goes like this: "If anyone has a problem with that, go do something else" (or in that tone..) is absurd! If you think like that, this forum would be of no value.. So, when you in fact use this forum, you have to consider the complaints that's being made.

Personally I like the GL, but yes find it a bit retarded. And I think it's fair to say that it is a bit to good in relate to the other weapons.. (I'm not englishspeaking..). But I mean, if you consider the primary weapon: That really sucks..! And when you're playing assault kit, you haven't got any other special ability (heal/revive, ammo, repair, c4, etc.), so I think it's not that unfair.. But I agree, they should do something to weaken it a bit. Perhaps start with less ammo..?
[DARE] ksack
+0|6844
ok, yes! i hate gl's! But, it does take skill to launch one far.  noobs have tried to get me long range and miss.  but i must say that the b-hopping, suicide gl-ers must quit!
mustang0341
+0|6834|Nebraska
You know everyone bitches about something stupid that involves combat or at least the combat in the game.....how about these stupid assholes that teamkill just to get a vehicle , or stand in the way of friendly vehicles because they did not get them. Now that is some petty shit worth arguing over , as for the GL the only argument is those that use it point blank.......period.
teh adam
+2|6834
If you were talking about me... I find that my question was a valid one.

Why would someone suicide and kill another person (you don't gain or lose points) when they can take the chance of getting 2 points or dying. If someone did the retarded GL suicide they're going to die anyways so why not go with the better choice of possibly dying or getting 2 points, for a kill, rather then the 100% suicide and possibly a kill.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard